PDA

View Full Version : Galileo helped herself to my diet coke

MomOf2squirrels
08-03-2011, 04:33 PM
Galileo was out of her cage today and helped herself to my diet coke. She has never done anything like that before and she had fresh water in her cage. Does anyone think this may hurt her this one time? She is acting and looking fine now and it's been over an hour.

SammysMom
08-03-2011, 04:37 PM
Well Sammy drank some diet rootbeer recently and he seems to have survived it!:sanp3 Hope Galileo does okay!

Jackie in Tampa
08-03-2011, 05:02 PM
is this confessions..
my Rocky loves soda.... http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_12_9.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk7885RUS)
he's 9 y/o and has enjoyed coke all his life, in small sips, when I am not looking. The dirty hands on my glass is yucky...
Palmer buries nuts in my soda..aaaaccccccccckkkkkkkk!
pats it down like bobbing apples...:shakehead
I think it's ok!:rotfl
not recommended, but not poisonous:thumbsup

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb096&pp=ZNxmk7885RUS (http://www.smileycentral.com/dl/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb096_ZNxmk7885RUS&utm_id=7924)

Ronda
08-03-2011, 05:05 PM
Scratly sneaks drinks of my diet Coke,...and fishes for ice cubes :yuck

She has never had an adverse reaction...but I do "try" to keep her outta my cup

Bravo
08-03-2011, 05:11 PM
Gotta throw in my two bits here. I see any number of little Dumpster Divers downtown. I can't see the long-term results of a garbage diet being the healthiest alternative, but seriously... fuzzers must have garbage-disposal units for stomachs. Nothing slows them down. :thumbsup

JakesLittlePrincess
08-03-2011, 05:40 PM
I don't know what their fascination with our drinks is. Is it the ice cubes? Is it the allure of having something they aren't really supposed to have? Or do they just like swan diving in it and fishing ice cubes from it? Probably all of the above, squirrels will be squirrels.

MomOf2squirrels
08-03-2011, 05:42 PM
yeah i think she will be okay. it was such a funny site though to see her head in my glass just drinking like she hasn't had anything to drink in days. i don't want her to pick up my bad habits. she already brrooos at people that annoy me. even when i am not brrrooing at them. it's so fun having her in my room with me. i spend a lot of time in here in the summer cause of asthma and the a c. she's good company.

MomOf2squirrels
08-03-2011, 05:46 PM
I think she just does it to show me she can. She is spoiled and just takes and does whatever she wants. She knows she's the boss around here.

Pierre
08-03-2011, 06:45 PM
Grayson drinks my coffee! They are goof balls!

Jester
08-03-2011, 09:17 PM
My flyer's the same way, I snapped this photo of him the other night but it got deleted when the calender issue happened.. :rotfl :rotfl

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/9670/95582697.jpg

JakesLittlePrincess
08-04-2011, 06:01 AM
That pic of Jester cracks me up!!

rusty's mom
08-04-2011, 07:05 AM
We don't drink soda much but we go through Ice tea like crazy.Hazel loves it and I often worry when i catch her in my cup because I sweeten it with honey.

island rehabber
08-04-2011, 07:12 AM
Honey is waaaaaay better for a squirrel than the aspertame in diet soda -- don't worry! :)

SammysMom
08-04-2011, 07:22 AM
In reality I think it's more that they want whatever anyone else has. Sammy will race over and grab cat treats from Boo Kitty and he sure doesn't eat them. Just likes to be sure he knows that he can have WHATEVER he wants WHENEVER he wants it!
Then he hides them and later, after he goes to bed, Boo Kitty bravely goes around and eats as many as he can find.:jump

island rehabber
08-04-2011, 07:28 AM
I
Then he hides them and later, after he goes to bed, Boo Kitty bravely goes around and eats as many as he can find.:jump

Sammy is simply performing his job as Director of Kitty Enrichment: making sure that Boo Kitty is not bored and has engaging things to do, like figure out where the heck all his treats went :rotfl. Sammy saw this on one of those pet shows on Animal Planet.....

SammysMom
08-04-2011, 07:46 AM
It is really quite hilarious to see the cats scatter when Sammy enters a room....:jump
Boo Kitty now won't go outside if he sees squirrels on the deck. Let's just say he only goes out after dark now:sanp3 .
While Sammy is out in his daytime outdoor cage, Boo Kitty sits on the living room floor touching all of Sammy's stuffies as if to say "I can do it if I want". That changes QUICKLY when Sammy comes inside...:rotfl

gs1
08-04-2011, 08:58 AM
yeah i think she will be okay. it was such a funny site though to see her head in my glass just drinking like she hasn't had anything to drink in days. i don't want her to pick up my bad habits. she already brrooos at people that annoy me. even when i am not brrrooing at them. it's so fun having her in my room with me. i spend a lot of time in here in the summer cause of asthma and the a c. she's good company.

:D :thumbsup

rusty's mom
08-04-2011, 12:25 PM
The hide and find treats keeps both parties busy. Hazel gets along with cats fine they seem to ignore her until she stops to beat up a fluffy cat tail. then she might get a swat. Never anything rough. I did have 17 babies in one room last season the cats and Hazel avoided that room