PDA

View Full Version : no stool in sight!

willie273
07-30-2011, 07:33 AM
i need help with a 4 week old that doesnt appear to pass stool. She was found in my driveway a week ago, hydrated and taking to the esbilic very well, (puppy). she eats like a champ, taking between 4-8cc/feeding, with a soft belly, no bloating, no distention. I dipped her in warm water to stimulate bowels, and upon dabbing her rectum was rewarded with a dime size circle of mustard color stool. Shes very active, appears in good health otherwise. eyes are still closed. am i not feeding her enough? i never did see any "milk band" on her tummy, and she does want more to eat, but i cut her off at the 8cc level in fear of overfeeding. any ideas?

Rhapsody
07-30-2011, 07:57 AM
You state that she is eating 4 to 8 cc every feeding but how how often is she eating that amount of formula? - every 4 hours is recommended at her age as well as feeding a squirrel at least 5% of its body weight..... do you have a scale where you can weigh your baby?

Plus we here at TSB suggest feeding Fox Valley over any other formula out there on the market as it is specifically made for your growing baby squirrels best nutritional requirements in mind....... you can purchase it here.

http://www.henryspets.com/
http://www.foxvalleynutrition.com/main/home.asp

:Love_Icon :Love_Icon :Love_Icon :Love_Icon :Love_Icon :Love_Icon :Love_Icon

willie273
07-30-2011, 08:14 AM
thank you for the reply, she eats every 4 hours 4-6cc. was feeding 100% formular, however cut it back to a 50% mix with water for ease of digestion, but still no results

Rhapsody
07-30-2011, 08:54 AM
Are you helping her go potty - by helping her I mean are you stimulating her by gently rubbing the genital area with a wet q-tip? This practice will generally produce urine right away and a bowel movement with in a few minutes. You can also try giving her some infant laxative IF all else fails..... I use a few drops of Pedi-Lax by Fleet.

willie273
07-30-2011, 09:05 AM
yes to the anal stimulation, and thank you for the suggestion on the baby lax!