PDA

View Full Version : New to the Board

Theresa Roalstad
07-22-2011, 09:58 AM
Hello Theresa here. I found out about this site from my sister (she has three crazy squirrels) helping me get some baby rabbits taken care of but my knowledge is Bat's. Yes the "flying mice" that people tend to not care about. So I am going to take the opportunity to say they are very misunderstood and not very different from or other fuzzy friends. My goal is to change everyone's mind about bats and in turn help keep those annoying bugs away. If you have any questions please let me know. I will be posting pics of how sweet bats are as soon as the site lets me (to new yet, no access)

island rehabber
07-22-2011, 10:01 AM
:Welcome Theresa. Many of us love bats, too...we're pretty rodent-centric around here :D.
I just tweaked your profile page -- you should be able to post pix now.

Rhapsody
07-22-2011, 10:10 AM
HELLO & WELCOME............. :wave123
Cant wait to see PICS.

P.S.

No JUDGING a BAT when I walk with a POSSUM as a HAT --:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e116/Rhapsody_1/Possum/PossumHat002.jpg

scoobysnack
07-22-2011, 10:12 AM
Welcome! You won't have to work hard to change minds here. Most of us LOVE bats! I absolutely cannot wait to see your bats. I have loved them since I'm a toddler and would welcome a chance to raise one!

CritterMom
07-22-2011, 10:20 AM
Yeah, you won't need to do much arm-twisting around here.

I read about your baby that you lost to pneumonia due to the short sightedness of the area vets. This is a really good place to meet people and network and get help in areas such as this. We do a lot of sharing - food, meds, vets, you name it.

Welcome!

JakesLittlePrincess
07-22-2011, 10:22 AM
:Welcome & Hello! Love bats here too. Made a house last week for some and joined the Bat Conservation International.

starfairy
07-22-2011, 10:24 AM
Most of us on this board love all animals. No matter how big or small. Especially the ones that most people shy away from.:Welcome

stepnstone
07-22-2011, 10:34 AM
:wave123 Theresa,
We are all a bunch of nutty people here and some are batty as well. :Welcome

Rhapsody
07-22-2011, 10:40 AM
BTW ---they sell BAT HOUSES on Ebay and I heard from a tiny blue bird that Jake (JakesLittlePrincess) maybe making Bat Houses to sell on His Website.

:D :thumbsup :D