PDA

View Full Version : Are Baby Bella Mushrooms ok...

Rianna
07-19-2011, 04:09 PM
...to feed greys??? Miss Hope wants to know:)

CritterMom
07-19-2011, 04:22 PM
Yup. Anything in the grocery store mushroom selection is okay. Make sure you wash them WELL.

fire-eyez
07-19-2011, 04:22 PM
yup they are safe diesel, lexi, and lexus love them!

Rianna
07-19-2011, 04:29 PM
That's great news!! I've been giving her the white button? mushrooms from the store and decided to try the baby bella ones if they were safe.

Don't worry about me not washing them. I wash everything that's washable before she gets her teefies on it.

Thanks to both of you, Miss Hope will have something new for supper tonight!!

:thankyou

Kelly Brady
07-20-2011, 08:35 AM
My crazies prefer baby bella's:D :D

One of my wilds ate a WILD mushroom sitting in front of my kitchen window while I chopped veggies the other day.

So much fun to see them eat them from their own habitat. She devoured the entire thing in front of my eyes. Can't buy that kind of entertainment.:wott

Jackie in Tampa
07-20-2011, 09:23 AM
VITAMIN D:alright.gif

Rescue04
07-20-2011, 10:01 AM
My crazies prefer baby bella's:D :D

One of my wilds ate a WILD mushroom sitting in front of my kitchen window while I chopped veggies the other day.

So much fun to see them eat them from their own habitat. She devoured the entire thing in front of my eyes. Can't buy that kind of entertainment.:wott

So did you grow it, or was it natural?.....I had thought about planting some for our babies to eat, but I have never grown them.

Kelly Brady
07-20-2011, 10:28 AM
No rescue4 I didn't grow them and at first I freaked out thinking that could be a bad mushroom or one that is poison !!!!

Then I realized how smart the wilds are and quit worrying.:D

I did find a shady location in a fern area with deep rich soil where they were growing. They didn't last long. but saw many squirrels with them at that time.

That is a good idea. I wonder how we would grow them?

island rehabber
07-20-2011, 10:39 AM
That is a good idea. I wonder how we would grow them?

Well you could have a leaky car, and let them grow in the floor mats...... when I met Paul he had mushrooms growing in the rear floor of his 1975 Eldorado :rofl4

thx for the memories....:D

Kelly Brady
07-20-2011, 11:56 AM
Oh I needed that kind of laugh today:D

I have some pretty gross old car memories, but none of mushrooms growing. I'm jealous.

Rianna
07-20-2011, 03:59 PM
Well...Miss Priss nibbled at the one I gave her for supper last night. She didn't seem too thrilled with it. I'm hoping the one she gets tonight will be finished off before morning. We'll see! lol