PDA

View Full Version : Photos from this morning

Barbt
07-19-2011, 08:45 AM
Here's a few photos from the yard this morning before it got hot out. I won't be seeing anyone again till just before dark unless they come out for a quick drink. Comet is always the first one to come down one of the the trees in the morning. He tends to get a little pushy for his food. He is in photo 1. The 2nd photo is Bandit. The 3rd, 4th and 5th photo is Elroy. He is a little on the chubby side. In fact he is HUGE. The 6th and 7th photo is Bandit. As you can see Bandit (the one missing an arm) is doing great as always. He in fact runs the yard and is kind of spoiled. The 8th and 9th photo is Snaggle (aka Snaggs) Snaggle's tooth still has not broken off ( I have gotten it to break off in the past) but I gave him a milk bone and he's working on it and that might break it off. My fingers are crossed on this. Poor little guy.

SammysMom
07-19-2011, 08:53 AM
Gorgeous!!! What great photography! Of course you have terrific subjects...lol:thumbsup

Jackie in Tampa
07-19-2011, 08:56 AM
great great great pics....
gorgeous buddies!
I had a Stumpy, he was a wild one...not sure how he lost his arm, but the guy was solid and lived a very long time, visiting us daily...
Loved that squirrel. I watched him breed with his handi cap...he was a champ!
He'll be in my heart forever.
Your pics are sooo enjoyable...

maybe put a clean beef cow bone out there, or antlers...this may help with that tooth.
I nail antlers w/skull cap to my tree...gross I know, but it helps and gets used...I have had several over the years.
did I say I love your sqs and pics!:D

SquirrelsinSingapore
07-19-2011, 09:26 AM
Wow!
What camera /lens do you use

I thought they were terrific :jump

Barbt
07-19-2011, 09:34 AM
For these I was using a sony A700 and a Zeiss 85mm lens and and a Sony A580 and a Tamron 70-200 2.8. I'm lucky I have tons of equipment and work from home :)

mpetys
07-19-2011, 09:47 AM
Absolutely beautiful!!! More please! :D

JakesLittlePrincess
07-19-2011, 10:13 AM
Beautiful squirrels! Awesome work. I love following Bandits antics on FB!

MiriamS
07-19-2011, 10:28 AM
Gorgeous photos, said by a professional nature photo editor, so you should definitely be proud of yourself. Of course, your foxers are beautiful so that makes it easier :D

I am curious about Bandit. He's obviously doing great but what is it that I see sticking out of each end of his shoulder? Fingers crossed that Snaggle's tooth will break off on its own.

stepnstone
07-19-2011, 10:51 AM
Those pictures are indeed wonderful! :thumbsup
I was also wondering what that is we are seeing on Bandit? :thinking

Barbt
07-19-2011, 12:56 PM
Gorgeous photos, said by a professional nature photo editor, so you should definitely be proud of yourself. Of course, your foxers are beautiful so that makes it easier :D

I am curious about Bandit. He's obviously doing great but what is it that I see sticking out of each end of his shoulder? Fingers crossed that Snaggle's tooth will break off on its own.

Those are bones sticking out. I did all I could when I found him but I'm a photographer not a vet. That was back in November and he's as healed as he's going to get.

veganhead1
07-19-2011, 04:24 PM
Adorable pics. Can I ask what kind of camera you used? I'm looking to buy a new camera and yours takes great pics! Thanks

momma2boo
07-19-2011, 04:41 PM
F A N T A S T I C pictures. Ya got some talent there! :bowdown And beautiful subjects.

MiriamS
07-19-2011, 05:11 PM
Those are bones sticking out. I did all I could when I found him but I'm a photographer not a vet. That was back in November and he's as healed as he's going to get.

OMG!!! I thought they might be bones. It's amazing that you were able to get him into such great shape. He's obviously functional but do you think he's in pain?

Barbt
07-19-2011, 05:31 PM
OMG!!! I thought they might be bones. It's amazing that you were able to get him into such great shape. He's obviously functional but do you think he's in pain?
I really don't think he's in any pain, he gets around great. Flys up and down trees. Runs, plays, mates, all the reg stuff. Last Nov. I was sitting at my desk working and I looked out my window and saw him sitting in a tree all bloody looking really bad, really tore up. I went out with a shovel ( I grew up on a farm and you learn to not let animals suffer) to finish him off so he would not be in pain but when I got out there I felt so bad for him and could not do it. I made him a little house out of a box and put it beside my house and gave him a bit of the meds I had for my dog. I did that once a day for about a week along with giving him food and water. He started getting better and better. It was really bad, I think a dog got him. Becasue it was winter no bugs got in the wound so it had time to heal. He and Snaggle hang in the yard most days. Now I have more squirrels than I know what to do with. I have even started a whole greeting card line featuring my guys. (my husband BTW thinks I'm NUTS) There are ton more photos on Bandits Facebook page Bandit Squirrel Thornton

2ndHandRanchRescue
07-19-2011, 05:42 PM
breathtaking and a happy ending to boot - thanks so much for sharing

MiriamS
07-19-2011, 06:30 PM
Oh wow, that is an amazing story. I'm so happy to hear that nature sometimes does take care of its own (with a little help from humans) and that Bandit healed on his own and seems to have no trouble with the injury. I'm so excited to see his FB page! :wahoo

By the way, TSB is where all of us go to escape the significant others, spouses, friends, families that otherwise think we are nuts. "Nuts" has a different meaning here.

Bravo
07-19-2011, 09:53 PM
Some beautiful pics... thanks for sharing. And at least one squirrel that's been through a terrible experience. Bandit still has a grin on his face. :grouphug

crazysquirrels
07-28-2011, 07:53 PM
Camera's are AMAZING these days. Great photo's.

Hannah
07-28-2011, 09:12 PM
Welcome to the squirrel board, Barbt.

Beautiful fox squirrel photographs, Barbt -- your skill as a professional photographer shows. :)

You've got to love those fat foxers like Elroy. It's good to hear Bandit pulled through the loss of his arm and humerus break, dislocation, compound fracture, and who knows what else. They can be resilient, and can adapt, as I see he's able to grasp with one paw. I'm glad th hear he doesn't shows any signs of pain now, and it was nice of you to provide food, shelter, and meds while he recovered.

I'm sorry to hear about Snaggle's dental issues, as well. You've got some rough squirrels in your bunch, don't you? But it's great to see them, all the same.

Ronda
07-28-2011, 09:17 PM
ooooo greeting cards!? Do you sell online? have a website besides Facebook? (I despise Facebook and use Google+)

Kelly Brady
08-02-2011, 06:43 PM
Those pics are wonderful. Such detail.

Thank you for sharing:grouphug