PDA

View Full Version : Off-topic Dilemma related to a web shop i came across on the web

sybrigree
07-07-2011, 05:59 PM
Feels like the guys have got impressive cheap prices, but this xxxxxxxspam urlxxxxxappears to be a bit of poor quality. What precisely you think? Did any of you decide to buy there? Or even every other options?

island rehabber
07-07-2011, 06:01 PM
Know what I think? I think you're a spammer and you're outta here. :shakehead

SammysMom
07-07-2011, 06:06 PM
Good call IR!!!

Hannah
07-07-2011, 06:26 PM
Gotta love spam. Do you even think of putting a challenge into the registration?

It could be a really simple question, like "To prove you're human, type something that squirrels love that begins with the letter 'N'."

Pnerissa
07-07-2011, 06:54 PM
Gotta love spam. Do you even think of putting a challenge into the registration?

It could be a really simple question, like "To prove you're human, type something that squirrels love that begins with the letter 'N'."

Nutella! :D

Bev

Hannah
07-07-2011, 07:18 PM
Nutella! :D

Bev
Human or chocolate addicted spambot -- your call. :D

I suppose you could search the input string for the letters "NUT" in order, case insensitive. So "Nuts!" "Umm...a nut?" "NUTZ" and even, (gasp) "Nutella!" would qualify. Just a thought though, I don't know details about the nuts (:D) and bolts of VBuleitin.

island rehabber
07-07-2011, 08:49 PM
We WILL be upgrading the version of V-Bulletin we use. I'd like to find out if using one of those image recognition things is possible. Now that I'm doing the acceptance of new members, I'm shocked at the number of spambots that try to get through every single day....and, obviously, some of them do. :shakehead