PDA

View Full Version : Still no Sightings of Buddie-Ann

Buddie-Ann
12-14-2006, 02:58 PM
It's getting a little easier each day, I received lots of good encouraging words which have really helped. I can't wait until the weekend when I'll be home during the daylight just in case she is visiting during the day. I'm trying to keep food in her feeder but the other squirrels have found the opening in her release cage so I don't know if it's them eating it or maybe Buddie-Ann. Sure do miss her little face in the morning. I used to wake up, get my coffee and look out the picture window and she would be sitting on top of her nesting box as if to say good morning Mom. I'll keep you posted, Buddie-Ann's Mom, Nick.

rippie-n-lilgirlsmom
12-14-2006, 03:18 PM
Keeping good thoughts that you will see her this weekend!! OR, She will show up in time to say Merry Christmas Mom! Why are you looking all worried? x_biggrin
Buddy-Ann come home now missy ..ya got your mama worried.:nono

Gabe
12-14-2006, 05:24 PM
She more than likely is visiting during the day and you two are missing each other. I hope for you, that you will see her this weekend.

Mars
12-14-2006, 08:43 PM
Hang in there. I thought all my babies gone for good. Then discovered them coming and going like ghosts from the yard. I see them now and then from my windows. Go outside and they vanish. Only the shaking feeder to tell me I'm not going crazy. Give your little one time. We are all keeping watch with you.

Buddy'sMom
12-15-2006, 08:13 AM
We know how worried you must be. Hope you have at least a sighting soon to put your mind at rest that she's just off doing her squirrely-stuff! Lot's of facinating places to explore. Try to believe that she's just taken to the wild and that she has this opportunity because of your loving care and support up til now (yeah, I know -- MUCH easier said than done). :thumbsup

Buddie-Ann
12-18-2006, 01:25 PM
I think I spotted her in the neighbors tree yesterday...I called for her and she headed down a branch (this is what makes me think it was her) unfortunately the dogs were out and they started barking so she left. This is a good sign because she knew there was potential danger. I never let her interact with the dogs when I was raising her. That was certainly very clear directions from all of you and it looks like it has paid off. I never saw her again but I'm going to think it was her. I have a very small squirrel that has taken over her feeder in her cage. I'm going to try to get a picture of him so someone might be able to tell me what he is. Very small doesn't look like a baby but super dark almost black and really dark brown just a slight bigger than a chipmunk but definitely a squirrel. He's a character and really fast. The big fat squirrel who I thought was a meany has also been frequenting a feeder I have on a nearby fence. It's fun to watch them and gives me hope that Buddie-Ann is having an equally good time elsewhere. My heart still hurts from missing her but it's getting easier everyday...Buddie-Ann's mom, Nick.

rippie-n-lilgirlsmom
12-18-2006, 01:31 PM
:wott :wott :wott :wott
I am so happy for you!! She may keep her distance if she knows there are dogs that run in the yard, (but this is what we want)
I am so happy shes enjoying her trees & being a squirrel. Keep us updated.
Sounds like you could use one of those cams that skwerls-r-soft is using!! Then you could watch that feeder all day!:rotfl
I have wilds come closer to me, than the ones I have hand raised, guess they fear being caged again!!

Gabe
12-18-2006, 02:36 PM
I'm so happy for you too. It certainly sounds as though it was her. I thought of you all weekend, fearing that you hadn't seen her when you didn't post. At least you know she is alive and well and most of all...squirrley

Buddy'sMom
12-18-2006, 02:42 PM
That's great news!! Surely it was Buddie-Ann that started toward you. That's one method of identification we've been using, now that it's so hard to tell them apart. If a squirrel just takes off at the sound of our voice, it's definitely someone else. Voice means nothing to them except possible danger. But only the squirrel you raised would be likely to approach, or even pause its activity, at the sound of your voice. "Mmmm, that's Mom or Dad; maybe I should check this out? Nope, also hear dogs!" Sounds like all is well with her. :thumbsup

Enjoy your other visitors!

rippie-n-lilgirlsmom
01-09-2007, 12:44 PM
I talked to Buddy-Ann's Mom yesterday she had a positive sighting the day after Christmas & again since then.
Just thought I'd let everyone know!:thumbsup You know how we all love to know the outcome!

Buddy'sMom
01-09-2007, 01:45 PM
I talked to Buddy-Ann's Mom yesterday she had a positive sighting the day after Christmas & again since then.
Just thought I'd let everyone know!:thumbsup You know how we all love to know the outcome!
Thanks rippie! I was wondering about Buddie-Ann just yesterday but didn't have the time yet to find the thread to ask her. Sounds like she (the squirrel) is probably happily off doing her squirrely stuff! Glad mom gets to see her sometimes :thumbsup