PDA

View Full Version : Going CRAZY!!!!! Reply ASAP PLZZZ!!!!!!

3babysHAVEmyheart
12-14-2006, 02:15 AM
Ok...so heres the thing. It's 3 o'clock in the morning and i have to be up in two hours to be at the hospital at 7AM to start my Labor induction.

I'm about to loose my freaking mind...running around here like a chicken with my head cut off trying to get things together. And the only thing i can even think about is... ARE MY SQUIRRELS GOING TO BE OK WITHOUT ME?????? I dont want to leave them...ive never left them before and see the thing is...im one of these psycho paranoid squirrel moms that freaks out over the littlest things. I check their cage 10 times a day to make sure nothing is loose or open so they wont escape on me. Their cage is right next to my bed...and if i hear them make the littlest noise i jump up. I dont trust anybody with them. When feeding them...i wash my hands with scalding hot water... wash their food before i cut it up...wash a already clean knife. Wash a already clean plate to put the food on and i was the food once more after its cut up. If food falls out of their cage...i refuse to put it back in the cage. Im crazy...yes i know. Im just terrified that something is gonna happen to my little girls and imma loose it. DEFF wayyyy too attached. But im totally freaking out because a friend of mine is going to come over and take care of them while im gone and im scared to death that shes going to do something wrong...cause ya know, knowbody can ever do things exactly the same way you do them. Soo my question is... Can i go ahead and cut up their food and store it in tupeaware containers in the fridge so all she'll have to do is wash it off and feed them?? Like will it keep that long and be ok to feed them??? I've got enough food put away in containers untill saturday morning. Will it keep untill then???? Ughhh this is so stressful!!! Im sooo soooo worried about my little ones. Oh..and i know its not good to let fresh fruits and veggies sit in their cage for a long period of time...but they hide it from each other and im the only person that can put their hand in the cage without them going crazy and attacking. And ill freak out anyways if she opens the cage cause just my luck one will get out and get eaten by one of my dogs whom are not spose to be in the room but the girl will prolly screw that up too and leave the door open and grrrr im not going. Imma have my baby here at the house cause im totally losing my mind.

lol somebody please tell me to take a freaking chill pill and that everthings going to be ok!!!!!!!!

pia
12-14-2006, 02:44 AM
:) a chill pill is maybe a good idea:)

Somebody's Mother
12-14-2006, 05:17 AM
if squirrels can survive in the wild with all those dangers and diseases i am pretty sure they can survive without you for 3 or 4 days. try and relax and enjoy your own special event.
God Bless!

thumper
12-14-2006, 05:34 AM
You sound like an excellent MOM !!!!!!!!! try to relax!!!! it will be fine...:smiley_pirate thumper

rippie-n-lilgirlsmom
12-14-2006, 06:34 AM
Yes you can cut up everything ect..You can divide into portions for them so there will be no guess as to what to give.
Good luck!

island rehabber
12-14-2006, 06:42 AM
Here's a trick your friend can use to slip food in the cage without opening the door and risking escape (or attack!). Get a very shallow plastic lid -- like the ones that go on coffee cans, for example. Make sure your food portions are cut up small enough to allow you to place them on the lid and slide the whole thing between the bars. Your friend can just tip the lid and empty the food into their bowl or right onto the bottom of the cage -- wherever. Don't leave the lid in there -- they'll chew it. I use this method when my squirrels get big and wild and bitey, and I'm not into pain so I NEVER open that door. :D
Good luck 3b -- you're doing fine. :thumbsup

Mars
12-14-2006, 08:19 AM
Please slow down - deep breath! :) Cutting the food up should work fine. relax a bit. They need to be exposed to some germs to strengthen their immune systems. :D Have your friend come over a night to feed. It will be much easier after everyone is asleep and they will awaken to breakfast in bed. Remember, these guys are build to go a day or two without food as they may not always be able to find it in nature.

Momma Squirrel
12-14-2006, 11:20 AM
Boy if you don't calm down you are going to have that baby right there in the room with the squirrels. :rotfl Everything will be fine, they can take pretty good care of themselves. Let us know when you get home how things went for the squirrels and yourself.

Oh yeah Congratulations :crazy

Pamela
12-28-2006, 08:49 AM
It would help if you set down and take a deep breath. The babys will be fine.
Your having a baby.. WOW!!! "CONGRATULATION"
:D

skwerls_R_soft
12-28-2006, 09:16 AM
Please slow down - deep breath! :) Cutting the food up should work fine. relax a bit. They need to be exposed to some germs to strengthen their immune systems. :D Have your friend come over a night to feed. It will be much easier after everyone is asleep and they will awaken to breakfast in bed. Remember, these guys are build to go a day or two without food as they may not always be able to find it in nature.

This is what I have my mom do when she needs to be on squirrel-duty while I am away. I cut up Skipper's veggies and put them into cleaned out yogurt cups with the lids on in the fridge. A few days worth of veggies keeps just fine sealed up. Make another container with daily rations of any other treats you give your babies (nuts, pumpkin seeds, etc) and have your friend put both veggies and treats in the cage at night.

As Jack Nicholson said in "Anger Management"...for stress relief say "Goooosfaaaabah"..and focus on your special event!

Momma Squirrel
12-28-2006, 09:33 AM
We haven't heard from you on the new arrival, how is mom and the new baby?? How did your squirrel do while you were gone??

We need pictures of the human baby :)