PDA

View Full Version : No breast???????

crazysquirrels
06-20-2011, 09:18 AM
Jackie my Western had very small teets at about 1 year. Talula is flatter than a board. There are NO teets. Not even a sign of them. She is complete;y smooth on the underside. Shouldn't this have developed by now or no?

astra
06-20-2011, 10:24 AM
isn't it that most of the time they become visible only during pregnancy?...
I know that sometimes they can be seen even before pregnancy when the fur is parted and you are really trying to look for them, but I think, that's not always.
It might be all individual, just like in humans.
I've had tons of wilds and in most of them I cannot see anything until they get pregnant. Of course, I cannot pick them up and examine closely, but they often stretch upside down etc with their underside facing me and unless someone is pregnant, they all look very smooth.

Would be interesting to hear rehabbers' experience.

Legomom
06-20-2011, 03:44 PM
I've got a 3 y/o female gray & I can't see her teats at all. I've only seen them on my wilds when they are nursing. Just my experience.

Scooterzmom
06-20-2011, 03:56 PM
I have never seen the teats on my wilds except when they are pregnant or nursing... and I mean some of them come super close, letting me pet them, so I am sure of what I'm saying :)

The rest of the time the female's teats are flat and hidden in the fur. I wouldn't worry about it ;)

crazysquirrels
06-20-2011, 06:58 PM
OK so she is normal. Good.

Wonkawillie
06-20-2011, 07:32 PM
hmmmmmmm, I see teats on pinkie baby squirrels. some are much more well endowed than others though. I dont think I would worry about this, as nature would not forget them.

crazysquirrels
06-21-2011, 09:40 AM
Was just a bid concerned as Jackie had very small ones and Talula has none. If I were to shave her tummy there would be nothing but a soft smooth tummy. No sign of anything.

Ronda
06-21-2011, 05:30 PM
No nips on my Scratly either ...well none visible or even to feel when I rub her tummy:thinking

crazysquirrels
06-21-2011, 08:29 PM
Yep same as Talula.