PDA

View Full Version : Hello again!

Loopy Squirrel
06-11-2011, 09:06 AM
Hello to all. Yes, it's me again. It's been such a long time since I was last here. Many of you already know who I am as I was a member a while ago. For some of the newer members I will introduce myself. I am a squirrel mom of 9 NR's. I am also a rehabber and have been for roughly six yrs. now. I haven't been doing as much as I used to since I have gone back to work full time. I was a member on the board for a few yrs. until a disagreement on how to handle an injured squirrel occurred. It was very childish and stupid on my part. I decidied to come back on and to reconnect with squirrely people that I have lost contact with. Thank you Maura for being gracious enough to allow me back. I also wanted to give an update on what has been going on in my life since I left. I had heard through the grape vine that people had been asking especially since my life was in such turmoil when I left. First off, I would like to appologize for not maintaining contact with some of my friends from here, but due to financial contraints, I had to let go of everything, the phone, the internet, and yes, cable (I thought I was going to die!!!). I was at a very low point in my life and knew things needed to change. My house was in foreclosure at the time and finances were not going well at all. I had just gone through a death in the family that involved Hospice at my house daily, a huge amount of rehab animals coming and going, and then the financial crisis. I decided that things needed to change and it meant everything. I decided to stop being afraid of life and to go out and live it. My entire future depended on it and things certainly couldn't get any worse. I managed to get a job as a veterinary technician, something I had always wanted to do, but was too afraid to do it. I landed a job that was willing to train since I did have a lot of animal experience with the rehab. I work for a very busy three doctor practice that I love. They took two yrs. of schooling and trained me in three months. It was crazy and very scary, but was the best thing I have ever done. As for the house, we were about to move when my husband lost his job three days before Christmas. The only good thing was I had my job at least. It actually turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Since our income had change so significantly I was able to reapply to our bank for a loan modification and it looks good so far. The bank has offered us a really good deal and we will be starting our three month trial period very soon. What I have learned from all of this is that sometimes things really do happen for a reason even if we don't always understand why at the time. Well, things are looking up and I think everything will work out in the end. I'd like to say a few thank you's :

Maura, again, thank you for giving me the opportunity to reconnect with the squirrely people I miss so much.

Sissy, I am so glad we spoke again and I really do miss our talks. Thank you for being my friend.

Anne, I will pm you my new number so we can talk soon.

Jackie, thank you so very much for including me in your last gathering. I really wanted to attend but with me working so much I haven't had as much time to do stuff with the boys. Troy was going through snake hunting withdrawal that weekend so I decided to spend some much needed time w/ my boys. I would really love to attend the next squirrely get together.

Legomom
06-11-2011, 10:23 AM
:Welcome Back, stranger! I'm so glad that you are here, that your life is in a better place & that you're here! :jump How are all of your babies? Do you still have Star? I think about him whenever I play with Christine. I've missed you a lot, Loopy! Welcome home! :grouphug

Loopy Squirrel
06-11-2011, 10:58 AM
Thanks LM, I am glad to be back. Yes, I still have Star and he's fat as ever. I've missed hearing all of the squirrel stories and especially about Christine. I hope all is well with her. I do have two newbies and one is a shaker like Sophie and the other is another star gazer like Star, just not as bad. Their names are Annie and Chewy. I still have Joe, Casey, Sophie, Ghetti, Star, Mason, and Rocky. I still have "the girls" too. I have been trying to set up a release but I am still having issues with letting them go. It seems to be harder for me than for them. Thanks again for the warm welcome.

Anne
06-11-2011, 11:45 AM
Hurray, hurray :Welcome back!!!!!:wave123 :wahoo :wahoo :alright.gif :alright.gif :alright.gif :rotfl :jump And all that.:D
I can hardly wait until you call, missed our Christmas chats soooo much. Lot of changes here too at my house.tinfoil
Can't wait, can't wait.:crazy :Welcome home!!!!!!

starfairy
06-11-2011, 11:46 AM
Welcome back. I still think of you often. I so enjoyed yours and Troys company the day I came to visit. I'm glad your back and can't wait to catch up.:grouphug

Mountain Mama
06-11-2011, 04:09 PM
Welcome Home, Loopy!!!

island rehabber
06-11-2011, 04:14 PM
Good to see you, Loopy! Ear scritchies to "the girls", please, and a big hello to Troy!!

iwanenator
06-11-2011, 05:54 PM
just keep thje squirrel spirit:jump

Busysqrl
06-11-2011, 10:27 PM
Hey Loopy, good to see you back in the action and SO glad to hear things are looking up for you. Kiss all the furballs and the 2 big girls!!!! :grouphug :grouphug

JLM27
06-11-2011, 10:28 PM
Hi Loopy! Good to see you back! :wave123

NaturesGift
06-11-2011, 10:32 PM
:wave123 Welcome back!

geocat52
06-12-2011, 05:25 AM
:thumbsup Glad to see you back and to hear that despite lots of changes, things are looking up! My hubby and I have moved from the Southwest and are now in the Deep South where we were both raised. Lots of changes for us in the past year as well. Look forward to hearing about your "babies" again!

Pointy Tale
06-12-2011, 08:47 AM
Loopy Squirrel—:wave123 Hi!!!! Nice to see you, I'm sorry to read about everything that has happened and wish you all the best.

Jackie in Tampa
06-12-2011, 09:20 AM
:wave123 hi Lynn!
LOVE YOU Troy!!!!:jump

momma2boo
06-13-2011, 08:52 AM
Hi Loopy,

I don't know if we ever met. I came on the board a year and a half ago with a sick squirrel, Boo.

I have only wonderful things about you from Anne. I look forward to getting to know you. Any friend of Anne's is a friend of mine. :wave123

Julie

SquirrelsinSingapore
06-13-2011, 01:36 PM
Hi Loopy

Those are tough times, still its good you are now reconnected with us. There has been a change of ownership, and I hope things at your end will turn better and better.

Wow 9 NR is simply terrific. Especially in time of such financial turmoil it must be hard get things going. For this I applaud your kindness to troubled little animals….:bowdown :bowdown :bowdown

It is great you got a job you liked. Sometimes life can be a challenge to let go everything in order to let new in. Your new career or skill will be a wonderful asset to this board targeted at saving animals –Squirrels in particular.

Welcome back
:Welcome :Welcome :wave123

Loopy Squirrel
06-13-2011, 06:27 PM
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. Yes, 9 NR's can be tough but I feel like the Waltons sometimes. What's one more at the dinner table??? I simply can't say no when push comes to shove. I have to say it's been nice being back and being with others who understand my weird obsession. Working with cats & dogs all of the time isn't quite the same.

asweetdiversion
06-13-2011, 10:54 PM
Hi Loopy, nice to meet you! I just love everyone here and I'm sure bygones are bygones. Glad to see you posting again.

2ndHandRanchRescue
06-13-2011, 11:13 PM
Hello and Nice to meet you!

Sarabi
06-14-2011, 01:53 PM
:wave123 Welcome Back Loopy:wave123