PDA

View Full Version : Plastic water bottle vacuum seal

Kristal
06-04-2011, 08:47 PM
The little kits drank up all their water, So I changed it out today. It does not seem to want to seal. It just keeps drip, drip, dripping until it is empty. Yuck. Is there some trick to this? I can't recall having such a problem before...

Rhapsody
06-04-2011, 09:09 PM
Check to make sure the round plastic washer is still in place and make sure the bottle is completely filled with water before placing it in the cage.

I personally use the glass water bottle from Chris's Squirrel & More and have NEVER had any issues.....
http://www.squirrelsandmore.com/product/2532/glass-water-bottle.htm

Kristal
06-04-2011, 09:25 PM
Ah, so it should be completely filled? I was just putting a little in for two little kits. I guess I will try that. My guys have a glass bottle, which is awesome (thanks Mitch!) but these guys just have a cheapo plastic bottle.

DipityDane
06-04-2011, 09:29 PM
I have a few bottles here that tend to be "drippy" and what I've found works well is to hold the bottle upside down and suck any air out before flipping it back over.(Yes this requires you to put your mouth where your critters do lol but it's never bothered me). It forms an immediate vacuum so as to avoid the dripping which may not stop if a good vacuum isn't achieved.
Erin

pappy1264
06-04-2011, 09:38 PM
Fill bottle completely, tip with nozzle down, tap the 'ball' in the nozzle a few times until a few drops come out, that should create a vaccum seal (and yes, make sure plastic gasket washer is still in between bottle and cap.)

UDoWhat
06-04-2011, 09:41 PM
Check to see if the inside top has that little black rubber washer in the top. If mine leak I can almost bet the little black rubber washer is missing. OR if one of the little darlings has made even the tiniest little puncture hole in the bottle it will leak. If there is a hole in the bottle you can plug it with a glob of household glue.

Rhapsody
06-04-2011, 11:25 PM
what I've found works well is to hold the bottle upside down and suck any air out before flipping it back over.
(Yes this requires you to put your mouth where your critters do lol but it's never bothered me). :wave123 :wave123 :wave123 :jump :jump :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :wave123 :wave123 :wave123
GOOD to HEAR that I'M NOT the ONLY ONE that DOES THIS PRACTICE...... :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Kristal
06-04-2011, 11:39 PM
Check to see if the inside top has that little black rubber washer in the top. If mine leak I can almost bet the little black rubber washer is missing. OR if one of the little darlings has made even the tiniest little puncture hole in the bottle it will leak. If there is a hole in the bottle you can plug it with a glob of household glue.

Yes, that was it. Hooray for duct tape!

UDoWhat
06-04-2011, 11:46 PM
Yes, that was it. Hooray for duct tape!
:thumbsup Great, can you tell I've been there... done that!:rotfl

Rhapsody
06-04-2011, 11:49 PM
and thats WHY its...................... GLASS ALL THE WAY!! :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana

Rhapsody
06-04-2011, 11:51 PM
and - W00T 4 MARTY :alright.gif :alright.gif :wahoo :alright.gif :alright.gif