PDA

View Full Version : TSB: MEET THE NEW BOSS (same as the old Administrator :D )

island rehabber
05-30-2011, 12:17 PM
Friends, it's now official, although it's been in the works for months. Jim (Squerly) and Trish (Momma Squirrel), the creators and owners of The Squirrel Board, have given The Squirrel Board to me.

I've been the Admin here for years, and along with trusted moderators and Overseers I've been able to keep this Board running and saving and rescuing and delighting in those fluffy-tailed charmers we love so much -- squirrels. :D From now on, though, THE BUCK STOPS HERE. I will rely on my colleagues here to make the most fair, educated decisions possible.....but in the end, it's my baby on the line here and, like all my babies, I will guard it with my life and defend it to my death. Just lettin' yiz know.....:D

There will be changes. After 5 years of existence, there are problems and issues and changes in any Board that need to be made, but not overnight. One of the most crucial ones is an upgrade to the V-Bulletin format which is long overdue. Too many kinks and quirks, and I don't just mean those in our membership. :D

So, let's go forward and not look back, except when we're researching all the excellent info here. TSB has a mission: to save squirrels in trouble, to connect people who love and care for them, and to spread the knowledge and best practices of squirrel rehabilitation over the vast universe of the internet. Oh yeah, and to have fun while doing it. Squirrels ROCK!

:Love_IconIR

SquirrelNut
05-30-2011, 12:20 PM
Congratulations!:)

Tara
05-30-2011, 12:25 PM
Congratulations IR! :) :wott :multi :jump :grouphug

stosh2010
05-30-2011, 12:26 PM
You --Da --Man.....
uh...Da Wo-man
uh...Da AdMin Man...
uh... what I mean is... CONGRATULATIONS

stepnstone
05-30-2011, 12:29 PM
Congratulations :wott Have to agree with a very wise choice :bowdown

momma2boo
05-30-2011, 12:39 PM
Congratulations Maura.
I hope TSB turns into everything you dream of it becoming.

Does this make you the QUEEN? :bowdown (I'd curtsy but there isn't a smiley for that. :thinking )

Edit: If you're going to be King/Queen, who's gonna be YOU?

4skwerlz
05-30-2011, 12:46 PM
This is truly a happy day for TSB. :) :thumbsup

Congratulations, Maura, and bless you for taking this on.

Jackie in Tampa
05-30-2011, 12:48 PM
Congratulatios IR!:alright.gif

stosh2010
05-30-2011, 12:51 PM
For the uninformed--this was NOT written for the CSI TV show....

The WHO----We Won't Be Fooled Again
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @@@@@@
We'll be fighting in the streets
With our children at our feet
And the morals that they worship will be gone
And the men who spurred us on
Sit in judgment of all wrong
They decide and the shotgun sings the song

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around me
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
And I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again
Don't get fooled again

Change it had to come
We knew it all along
We were liberated from the fall that's all
But the world looks just the same
And history ain't changed
'Cause the banners, they all flown in the last war

Just like yesterday
And I'll get on my knees and pray
Don't get fooled again
No, no!

I'll move myself and my family aside
If we happen to be left half alive
I'll get all my papers and smile at the sky
For I know that the hypnotized never lie

Do ya?

There's nothing in the street
Looks any different to me
And the slogans are replaced, by-the-bye
And the parting on the left
Is now the parting on the right
And the beards have all grown longer overnight

Just like yesterday
Then I'll get on my knees and pray
Don't get fooled again
No, no!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
Meet the new boss
Same as the old boss

>>>Roger & Pete...you guys had WAY too much ENERGY...

Listen to a 10 minute version ---below:
http://youtu.be/oUbGLVvfB7Y

gs1
05-30-2011, 01:06 PM
well... i always thought you were the boss:D ... part of the triad...:bowdown

so congratulations on the new baby.....:D :thumbsup

and i hope that we still get to see squerly & momma squirrel .... even though we barely get to see them now..... they're fun and wonderful people....:D :grouphug

((especially momma squirrel....:Love_Icon :wave123 )).

Cleo_13
05-30-2011, 01:07 PM
Congratulations! And thank you for taking this on. It's a lot of responsibility, but I'm sure you can handle it. :bowdown :bowdown :thumbsup

lilidukes
05-30-2011, 01:21 PM
Congrats IR. :grouphug Looking forward to moving forward:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

djarenspace9
05-30-2011, 01:25 PM
:thumbsup Congratulations to ALL of us then!!! :flash3
I suddenly feel safe, happy and all warm and fuzzy inside. :D

2ndHandRanchRescue
05-30-2011, 01:41 PM
:multi
This is good, peace and calm will reign! Its such a great location!

Bravo
05-30-2011, 01:53 PM
The passing of the torch... or the squirrel room nightlight in this case. :D

Mountain Mama
05-30-2011, 01:58 PM
:fireworks Congratulations, IR! :fireworks

Legomom
05-30-2011, 02:01 PM
:bowdown All hail the Chieftess! :bowdown

I know what this board & what the squirrels mean to you. :thankyou
For those who don't know, don't test IR. She will "put a boot in your @ss". :peace

Alaskan Squirrel Cam
05-30-2011, 02:29 PM
Congrats, and I know it's in good hands. Although, i hope the founders will stick around and stay connected.

bob
:thumbsup

Scooterzmom
05-30-2011, 02:31 PM
Fireworks CONGRATULATIONS IR!!! :fireworks

(sing along now...) For she's a jolly good felllla for she's a jolly good fellaa... for she's a jolly good fellllllll-elll-laaaaa... which nobody can deny! :jump

crazysquirrels
05-30-2011, 02:35 PM
Congrats to you and all your hard work.
Squerly good luck with racing. If you come to the west coast I would love to see you race.
Momma Squirrel the best to you. Thank you both for this board.

SammysMom
05-30-2011, 02:40 PM
:thumbsup :grouphug Congratulations! :grouphug :thumbsup

JLM27
05-30-2011, 02:43 PM
Can. I reapply for my old job of interested bystander?

CritterMom
05-30-2011, 02:45 PM
Can you give first time posters the ability to private message? I know it was a way to weed out spammers and the like but it is first time posters that often have the emergencies, that require the PM function...

TinyPaws
05-30-2011, 05:08 PM
CONGRATULATIONS IR........I still don't have access to smilies, size of formats or colors, so just imagine red, size 5 and fireworks........grin...

NaturesGift
05-30-2011, 05:18 PM
congrats woman!!!! can I say that????:D

island rehabber
05-30-2011, 05:30 PM
Thank you for all the congratulations and for not posting things like "Oh, NO!!! I am SO outta here! " :icon_devil

Critter Mom & others, I hope to resolve a lot of the format issues when we do that upgrade. We need to weigh the benefits of accessibility against the dangers of hackers & spammers.

Tiny Paws, do you have Java script enabled on your computer? That was my problem early on, when I couldn't get smilies. :D

On a more serious note, I truly want to take a firm step in the right direction for TSB, and the right direction is Zero Tolerance of individuals who distract us from our business of squirrel-saving with their melodrama, mean-spiritedness or just plain lack of courtesy. There will be a new focus on upholding the Rules; you can bet your next tub of Fox Valley on it. :D

Tickle's Mom
05-30-2011, 05:35 PM
Friends, it's now official, although it's been in the works for months. Jim (Squerly) and Trish (Momma Squirrel), the creators and owners of The Squirrel Board, have given The Squirrel Board to me.

I've been the Admin here for years, and along with trusted moderators and Overseers I've been able to keep this Board running and saving and rescuing and delighting in those fluffy-tailed charmers we love so much -- squirrels. :D From now on, though, THE BUCK STOPS HERE. I will rely on my colleagues here to make the most fair, educated decisions possible.....but in the end, it's my baby on the line here and, like all my babies, I will guard it with my life and defend it to my death. Just lettin' yiz know.....:D

There will be changes. After 5 years of existence, there are problems and issues and changes in any Board that need to be made, but not overnight. One of the most crucial ones is an upgrade to the V-Bulletin format which is long overdue. Too many kinks and quirks, and I don't just mean those in our membership. :D

So, let's go forward and not look back, except when we're researching all the excellent info here. TSB has a mission: to save squirrels in trouble, to connect people who love and care for them, and to spread the knowledge and best practices of squirrel rehabilitation over the vast universe of the internet. Oh yeah, and to have fun while doing it. Squirrels ROCK!

Good Lord woman!! :eek: :eek: :eek: Have you lost your mind???:poke :poke

Congratulations :D :bowdown :D :bowdown :fireworks :fireworks :fireworks :D

mpetys
05-30-2011, 06:01 PM
Congrats IR! This is wonderful news. I know how much this board must mean to you; after all, you have had to deal with a lot as Admin and yet you still put up with us! This is great news for us as a community because with change comes revitalization. I am grateful that Momma Squirrel and Squerly got TSB started. A lot of squirrels have been saved and people like me, who never even knew squirrel rehabbers existed, have found a new passion.

I am excited for the future of TSB. I support the zero tolerance policy for all and I hope all members can start fresh with an open heart and an open mind. I had given this website address to a nice lady who brought me three squirrels. I thought she would enjoy reading about the wonderful squirrels of TSB and seeing the pictures. This was back in February. Well, between being busy and having computer problems, she never visited. I spoke with her last week and she asked me for the website address. Computer problems are all fixed and she thought she would check us out. IR, my heart sank a bit. I almost didn't want to give it to her because of all the problems, squabbles and drama recently. I had told her how wonderful it was here but when I gave her the address last week, I was so worried she would come on in the middle of some senseless drama and would walk away with the wrong impression of what TSB is! So, this firm step in a new direction sounds great to me!

Michele

UDoWhat
05-30-2011, 06:03 PM
Congratulations IR, The squirrels are singing in the trees. :jump Let me know if I can do anything to make TSB an even better place!!:alright.gif

Marty

NewMommy
05-30-2011, 06:06 PM
Congrats!! I have always admired your decision making and the ability to see things for what they are. You'll be great!

Milo's Mom
05-30-2011, 06:10 PM
:multi :multi :multi :multi :multi :multi :multi :multi :multi :multi :multi :multi :multi :multi :multi :multi :multi :multi :multi :multi :multi :multi :multi :multi
:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

:wave123

Fireweed
05-30-2011, 06:18 PM
WOW! Congratulations, IR! :bdhorn What a huge thing to take on! :poke THANK YOU! :bowdown
And thanks to Squerly and Momma Squirrel, too. :bowdown :bowdown This board rocks my socks.

If you need help with the business side of things, IR, please hesitate to call me. :icon_devil

scoobysnack
05-30-2011, 06:24 PM
See this is what happens when you don't show up for the meeting. They elect YOU the new leader!

Congrats IR. I'm all for zero tolerance!

Rianna
05-30-2011, 06:24 PM
Congrats IR!! :jump

4skwerlz
05-30-2011, 06:31 PM
I am excited for the future of TSB. I support the zero tolerance policy for all and I hope all members can start fresh with an open heart and an open mind. I had given this website address to a nice lady who brought me three squirrels. I thought she would enjoy reading about the wonderful squirrels of TSB and seeing the pictures. This was back in February. Well, between being busy and having computer problems, she never visited. I spoke with her last week and she asked me for the website address. Computer problems are all fixed and she thought she would check us out. IR, my heart sank a bit. I almost didn't want to give it to her because of all the problems, squabbles and drama recently. I had told her how wonderful it was here but when I gave her the address last week, I was so worried she would come on in the middle of some senseless drama and would walk away with the wrong impression of what TSB is! So, this firm step in a new direction sounds great to me!

Michele

:goodpost :thumbsup

geocat52
05-30-2011, 06:39 PM
:thumbsup Congrats, IR! I know the passing of the squirrel is never easy to accomplish, but also know TSB is in excellent hands! :D

TinyPaws
05-30-2011, 06:45 PM
I do have java script and to make sure it's recent, I just updated it..but sitll having the same trouble with replys...

LiLTreeRat
05-30-2011, 07:35 PM
I haven't been here long, but you have all been wonderful, and IR, you have had input in every one of my questions, so, MANY thanks, and CONGRATS!!:thumbsup

MiriamS
05-30-2011, 08:12 PM
AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!

Well deserved and logical choice. Congrats! :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

And ditto to what Fireweed said. My life has become so full of friends and fun having discovered TSB. Thank you so much Skwerly and Momma Squirrel. :bowdown

virgo062
05-30-2011, 08:13 PM
:thumbsup

pappy1264
05-30-2011, 08:57 PM
Goodness, actually get out of the house for a few hours and look what I missed! Congrats, I, too, know what this boards means to you!!!! And I saw someone else ask (but it wasn't answered I don't think).....if you are 'boss' who is gonna be 'you' now???? lol (Does this mean if I need something moved I can't pm you anymore???? :D )

Pierre
05-30-2011, 09:01 PM
:fireworks Congratulations!! :fireworks

island rehabber
05-30-2011, 09:06 PM
Nothing about how I function (or DYSfunction:D) around here will change. I'm the one who's usually around most of the time so feel free to ask for edits and such. You can also PM Bravo if you don't see me. Other mods are wonderful but might have too many rehab critters to be here all day, or might even have Real Jobs! :peace

OK the only thing that might be a little different is I will ACT on my instincts now, when somebody gives me "that weird feeling". After 23+ years in Human Resources in NYC I can usually spot a psycho at 20yards -- or 20 words :D. It's time we instituted Boogie-down Law, now -- one strike and yerrrrrrrrrr OUT! :rotfl

pappy1264
05-30-2011, 09:18 PM
Awesome!!!! (I'm one of those people who try to stay neutral, I have enough drama in my own life to get into it in other places! And I have always felt there is a time and a place for everything.....this board is here for a reason....helping and learning. So I, for one, am happy the drama will be kept on a tight leash so to speak. (And glad I can still bother you....err, I mean pm you to move something for me.....:rotfl )

Rhapsody
05-30-2011, 09:41 PM
There will be a new focus on upholding the Rules; you can bet your next tub of Fox Valley on it. :DThats what I like to hear...... a WOMAN that MEANS BUSINESS. :thumbsup :thumbsup

Nancy in New York
05-30-2011, 09:43 PM
First, a great big thank you to Jim (Squerly) and Trish (Momma Squirrel), for starting such a wonderful board, and helping so many.:bowdown :bowdown

Maura, they couldn't have picked a better person to hand their "baby" over to.
WOW, what a wonderful compliment! You so deserve this!

:fireworks CONGRATULATIONS.....:fireworks

muffinsquirrel
05-30-2011, 10:47 PM
Way to go, IR. Now pick up that flag and run with it - we've got your back! This board has always had top-class leadership, and I'm glad to see that it will continue to do so.

muffinsquirrel

Chickenlegs
05-31-2011, 12:53 AM
Can't think of anybody better to take up the banner. This is such a wonderful forum and it's done so much for squirrels all over--some of em human. Yay YOU! And Yay! for all the good things to come with our new fearless leader at the helm!

Jester
05-31-2011, 02:10 AM
Congratulations! You know, for the longest time I thought it was your board, because you always seemed to be the one doing everything.. :D Here's hoping things run more smoothely with all those improvements you have lined up. :thumbsup :thumbsup

SoccarMomSquirrelSaver
05-31-2011, 02:47 AM
Congratulations IR!:wott

I know TSB is your baby and I respect and admire the time and passion you put into it.:bowdown

I also know you have your hands full at home with lots of little fuzzers and I applaud you for taking on this position and all the responsibility that comes with it.

I will do my best to not give you any grief.:D

TSB truly couldn't be in better hands.

Looking forward to less negativity and nonsense and getting back to the squirrels.:Love_Icon :Love_Icon :Love_Icon

virgo062
05-31-2011, 07:08 AM
[COLOR=DarkGreen][FONT=Comic Sans MSAfter 23+ years in Human Resources in NYC I can usually spot a psycho at 20yards -- or 20 words :D.

Ha Ha well you missed me:rotfl :rotfl

Sarabi
05-31-2011, 07:12 AM
CONGRATS Maura!!!!
:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

island rehabber
05-31-2011, 07:20 AM
Ha Ha well you missed me:rotfl :rotfl

:jump:goodpost

I'm a sucker for razor-sharp wit....that's how a few psychos have gotten past me already :jump

Kelly Brady
05-31-2011, 12:11 PM
I am so thrilled to hear this news. As everyone else has pointed out, thank you to squerly and Momma Squirrel for starting this wonderful place.

but.....

Back in 2007 when two little tiny squirrels were handed to me to help, I will never forget IR calming my nerves and directing me to raise those two babies, (Rudy and Gilbert) to release stage. Everthing new, everything scarey and so many questions were calmly answered by you IR. I have relied on that knowledge ever since those squirrels came in to my life and on going with the many, ,many squirrels that have reached my hands ever since then. All of thier little lives have been saved because of this wonderful place and the wonderful people that are a part. Glad to hear that none of the unpleasantness will be tolerated as this place is much to wonderful to ruin with unpleasantries.

Congrats from the bottom of my heart and anything we can do to help, we are there for you. We are family.:grouphug

pamela lee
05-31-2011, 01:02 PM
Congratulations my friend. Love ya

Ronda
05-31-2011, 04:50 PM
Congratulations! I am looking forward to the exciting future of the improved Squirrel Board

island rehabber
05-31-2011, 10:08 PM
Kelly, omigosh you choked me up....2007! How time flew...so many squirrels, so many sweet babies! I am honored to have made a difference in your life. :grouphug

pamela lee -- now I'm really determined to make TSB even better- if it means you'll come back to us! I think of you and your hubby every time I walk past that black walnut tree growing alongside our building. :D:grouphug

Skul
06-01-2011, 06:57 PM
Crap, now I have to change my log-in name so IR doesn't recognize me.:D

asweetdiversion
06-01-2011, 10:04 PM
Doing the happy dance IR... Congrats.

MiriamS
06-01-2011, 10:35 PM
Ha Stosh! I was thinking it would be great if we could have the song play as soon as this thread was opened. :wahoo :wahoo :wahoo

MyBushyTail
06-02-2011, 03:21 AM
Congratulations IR!!!!

island rehabber
06-02-2011, 06:17 AM
Ha Stosh! I was thinking it would be great if we could have the song play as soon as this thread was opened. :wahoo :wahoo :wahoo

OMG, Roger Daltrey's platinum pipes soaring from your computer as the thread opens -- my heart couldn't take it! :multi Off topic: has anyone ever seen the Who in concert? I've seen most of the classic rock icons in concert, but the WHO left them all in the dust.....:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown

MiriamS
06-02-2011, 08:13 AM
I did, I did! I dragged the Grandsquarents to Madison Square Garden the last time they were on tour. They were amazing even as old dudes. :D

:wahoo :wahoo :wahoo ...I really wanna know...:wahoo :wahoo

BTW, I almost just typed Madison Squirrel Garden.

island rehabber
06-02-2011, 08:56 AM
BTW, I almost just typed Madison Squirrel Garden.

:jump:goodpost:jump

Have the grandsquarents' ears stopped ringing yet? Mine are still ringing from Emerson, Lake & Palmer about 30 yrs ago....:sanp3.

MiriamS
06-02-2011, 08:58 AM
Maybe that's why they never hear what I'm saying. Hard to tell if it's "selective hearing" or "hearing loss."

Mrs. Jack
06-02-2011, 09:10 AM
love and much trust to IR, i know the board will continue to thrive and be a safe informative place under your care.
but..... tears over jim and trish... they mean so very much to me.

petlover56
06-03-2011, 04:05 AM
wow congratulations IR!!!!

CM

island rehabber
06-03-2011, 06:08 AM
but..... tears over jim and trish... they mean so very much to me.

me too...:(.....I hope they'll check in sometimes. :tilt

Mrs Skul
06-03-2011, 08:08 AM
:Flag
:goofwe
CONGRADULATIONS IR!!!
What a wonderful day this is. :bowdown
:wahoo :rockin :banana :banstick :shine :rockband :drummer :poop :violionist
What a sad time to be seeing two wonderful People go. :Cry Squerly and Momma Squirrel
We Will Miss you. :grouphug You enjoy your time off. Come see us once in awhile. :wave123
Christal

Feeze
06-03-2011, 08:52 AM
Boy, when I saw the title of this thread two days ago, I was honestly reluctant to open it. Who is this strange person that is claiming to be the "new boss?" What was wrong with the old boss(es)?:dono Then I found out it was IR, and had to laugh at myself.:rotfl As many others have already pointed out, I always thought IR was the boss. Squerly and Momma Squirrel seemed to have been handing the board off to her since I came in here.:thinking

Now granted, I don't know what you're talking about when you say that we should focus on saving squirrels. I have never actually been able to participate in this act. So, I guess you can count me among one of the psychos, as I have remained a hyper active member since 2008.:crazy

I was also happy to see many of TSB's greatest members in this thread, giving IR the credit she deserves, and I will do the same. Congratulations IR, I'm behind you all the way.:thumbsup (Don't get me wrong, I'd be in front of you, but I know where I'd rather be when the gunfire starts. :hidechair)

Gina
06-03-2011, 10:15 AM
Fireworks CONGRATULATIONS IR!!! :fireworks

(sing along now...) For she's a jolly good felllla for she's a jolly good fellaa... for she's a jolly good fellllllll-elll-laaaaa... which nobody can deny! :jump

Here, here!

island rehabber
06-03-2011, 10:19 AM
Congratulations IR, I'm behind you all the way.:thumbsup (Don't get me wrong, I'd be in front of you, but I know where I'd rather be when the gunfire starts. :hidechair)

Feezie, you are one of a kind and I LOVE YA!!! :rotfl:grouphug

Hannah
06-03-2011, 07:15 PM
Congratulations, island rehabber. It seems like you've been doing most of the work of keeping things civilized, anyway.

Best of luck with The Squirrel Board, island rehabber. I'm sure you'll continue to do a good job of running the place. :wave123

P.S. Why are all the characters of your name in lower case? Our of respect, I feel obliged to type it in lower case, even though it's a proper noun. But at the same time, typing it lower case might also be disrespectful, because your name is a proper noun. Is it lower case on purpose? I don't think it's an accident because with your new unlimited power, you could change it to "Island Rehabber" if you wanted. Do lower case names imply something I should be aware of? Do you want me to use all lower case letters when communicating with you so your name doesn't stand out among the other words as being the only word with nonstandard case?

stosh2010
06-03-2011, 07:23 PM
OMG, Roger Daltrey's platinum pipes soaring from your computer as the thread opens -- my heart couldn't take it! :multi Off topic: has anyone ever seen the Who in concert? I've seen most of the classic rock icons in concert, but the WHO left them all in the dust.....:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown
OF course I have----
First time in a hockey arena..pretty small place---GREAT SHOW....I caught the neck of Townsends guitar-after the last song---Then it got pulled away in the mob and the guitar strings cut me --REAL GOOD (1969 )

island rehabber
06-03-2011, 07:37 PM
OF course I have----
First time in a hockey arena..pretty small place---GREAT SHOW....I caught the neck of Townsends guitar-after the last song---Then it got pulled away in the mob and the guitar strings cut me --REAL GOOD (1969 )

whoa. :bowdown :bow :D

2ndHandRanchRescue
06-03-2011, 07:44 PM
OMG! I know this is off topic but way cool see'n the Who. My very favorite band. My first album. Tommy - best Rock Opera, The Kids are all Right, and my all time favorite Quadrophina!! YOU SAW THE WHO!!!! I am green with envy. I spent hours playing air guitar working on the bowling method like Pete!!! Ok back to your regularly scheduled program.....

Mrs. Jack
06-03-2011, 08:47 PM
Congratulations, island rehabber. It seems like you've been doing most of the work of keeping things civilized, anyway.

Best of luck with The Squirrel Board, island rehabber. I'm sure you'll continue to do a good job of running the place. :wave123

P.S. Why are all the characters of your name in lower case? Our of respect, I feel obliged to type it in lower case, even though it's a proper noun. But at the same time, typing it lower case might also be disrespectful, because your name is a proper noun. Is it lower case on purpose? I don't think it's an accident because with your new unlimited power, you could change it to "Island Rehabber" if you wanted. Do lower case names imply something I should be aware of? Do you want me to use all lower case letters when communicating with you so your name doesn't stand out among the other words as being the only word with nonstandard case?

you're adorable.
what's funny is that mine actually has proper caps, but when i type a response i never use them cause i am just that lazy.

LynninIN
06-03-2011, 09:33 PM
Congratulations!

I give up. Imagine the congrats in bright colors & larger text. My new smart phone is making me feel like an idiot.

island rehabber
06-03-2011, 10:46 PM
Congratulations!

I give up. Imagine the congrats in bright colors & larger text. My new smart phone is making me feel like an idiot.

:jump I'm so scared of them I won't even GET one! :jump

Damn it is good to see your name pop up here! Hi Sammy!! :wave123:grouphug:grouphug

island rehabber
06-03-2011, 10:47 PM
ummm..... because i am an e. e. cummings fan?.......:D

it takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.
e.e. cummings

MiriamS
06-03-2011, 10:52 PM
P.S. Why are all the characters of your name in lower case? I don't think it's an accident because with your new unlimited power, you could change it to "Island Rehabber" if you wanted.
:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl I've always wondered about that!

And I do believe Stosh wins the "Who's seen The Who?" game since he actually touched a guitar part...and then bled for it

island rehabber
06-03-2011, 10:55 PM
Peter? God's honest truth: I never noticed it until just now...
:rofl4:rofl4:rofl4

LynninIN
06-03-2011, 11:09 PM
:jump I'm so scared of them I won't even GET one! :jump

Damn it is good to see your name pop up here! Hi Sammy!! :wave123:grouphug:grouphug

Thanks. Sammy is waiting for me to tuck him into his nest for the night. Have a bunny on my head trying to groom my hair & a dog beside me grunting because I am moving too much. Call that a good evening :)

Bummer, the smileys don't move either. I like those jumping ones. If I can figure this thing out I should be able to show up here more. Can't view the board from my work computer anymore. Never thought I'd work for a corporation.

island rehabber
06-03-2011, 11:16 PM
LynninIN when you figure out the smilies can you maybe help Tiny Paws? She's got the same problem. :thinking
Corporate America, huh? We gotta tawk....:rotfl

LynninIN
06-03-2011, 11:21 PM
[COLOR=DarkGreen][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Corporate America, huh? We gotta tawk....:rotfl
Think I have to clear that with legal first.

island rehabber
06-03-2011, 11:25 PM
Think I have to clear that with legal first.
:sanp3 :rotfl

Bravo
06-03-2011, 11:41 PM
Lynn! tinfoil Long time, great to see you! Give the king a squodge for me. :thumbsup :D :grouphug

MiriamS
06-03-2011, 11:42 PM

O MY GAWD. Oh no wait.

O MY GAWD.

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

4skwerlz
06-03-2011, 11:49 PM
Hi Lynn! :wave123 Great to see you again. A corporation? Eek! But you'll do great. Give that adorable Sammy a snoogle from me.

Fireweed
06-04-2011, 02:16 AM
i luvs me some lower case, i LOVE pete townsend, i love e.e. cummings, and i luvs me a good boss. :alright.gif

Milo's Mom
06-04-2011, 05:15 AM
ummm..... because i am an e. e. cummings fan?.......:D

it takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.
e.e. cummings

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

that was a good one!!!

Hannah
06-04-2011, 09:53 AM
Hi, Mrs. Jack. :wave123

I guess I get stuck on details too much, sometimes. I need a little more e. e. cummings in my life. :)

Well, whether your name is upper or lower case, it's great to have you here, island rehabber [sic]. :D

island rehabber
06-04-2011, 11:58 AM
H

Well, whether your name is upper or lower case, it's great to have you here, island rehabber [sic]. :D

I love a man who knows what [sic] means and uses it properly....:bowdown

momma2boo
06-04-2011, 12:08 PM
I love a man who knows what [sic] means and uses it properly....:bowdown

LOL .... should we all refer to you as island rehabber [sic] from here on out? I think Peter (or is that peter?) has hit it right on the nose! Well done! :thumbsup

island rehabber
06-04-2011, 12:10 PM
LOL .... should we all refer to you as island rehabber [sic] from here on out? I think Peter (or is that peter?) has hit it right on the nose! Well done! :thumbsup

Ut male haberi posset ab imperatore populus. :D

momma2boo
06-04-2011, 12:23 PM

My latin is poor. Are you trying to say that the people may consider you an evil emperor? :D LOL

island rehabber
06-04-2011, 12:50 PM
My latin is poor. Are you trying to say that the people may consider you an evil emperor? :D LOL

:jump that's EMPRESS to you!

basically I said, referring to "island rehabber [sic]": That could be taken wrong by the general populace. :D

4skwerlz
06-04-2011, 12:57 PM

Ain't that the truth. I say "Hail Caesar! Beware the wrath of Augustus IRata!"
:jump

muffinsquirrel
06-04-2011, 01:18 PM
All this carrying on about such a simple matter! I can tell you EXACTLY why she uses lower case......same reason I do.......we're just too darned lazy to hit the Shift key! :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

muffinsquirrel

Pointy Tale
06-04-2011, 01:57 PM
Mrs. Momma Squirrel and Mr. Squerly—thank you for creating The Squirrel Board, it is truly a very special place and I am grateful for the Privilege to be a member among so many knowledgeable, loving and caring individuals.

island rehabber—Just read the news, Congratulations and best wishes on your new (old) assignment.
PT

momma2boo
06-04-2011, 02:48 PM
:jump that's EMPRESS to you!

basically I said, referring to "island rehabber [sic]": That could be taken wrong by the general populace. :D

Yes, Empress island rehabber [sic] :bowdown I am your humble servant. :thumbsup

SquirrelsinSingapore
06-05-2011, 02:13 AM
Credits to Squerly and Momma Squirre starting out TSB in the first place :thumbsup. Personally i would like someone active someone like IR to take charge too :thumbsup3 This is definately good news

I would stick to what works; what is good. Hopefully we can standardise all stickys and make em all readily availble to netizens. Next, the site should remain easy to navigate and have as many smiley faces to play with :strong

Congrats IR
Looking forward to your new leadership
:crazy

stosh2010
06-08-2011, 09:45 PM
Speak Softly--and Carry a Big Stick...--Theodore Roosevelt-

island rehabber
06-08-2011, 10:33 PM
:thumbsup :get_em :D

I Love Lucy
06-09-2011, 08:56 PM
I just saw this and I had no idea. You never said anything in our long talks.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! :jump :wott

Let me know if I can help in anyway. I would be happy to be more involved.

Do you think now I can get on the rehabbers forum.:poke

island rehabber
06-09-2011, 09:59 PM
Do you think now I can get on the rehabbers forum.:poke

Sure! Soon as Squerly teaches me how to do the techie-signer-upper thingy.....:thinking :tilt

2ndHandRanchRescue
06-09-2011, 10:27 PM
uuuhhh, what is the 'rehabbers forum' am I there? I know - I'm a dork - TSB just logs me in and I'm so spoiled. I love the connections to the rehabbers here - I am new and since there is no support or training in Illinois (thank god I have rehabber friends and 3 vets are wildlife nuts that let me call them day or night and come to my house when I need them - Dr. Dana is hanging her tomorrow with me and the critters - I'm spoiled) I'd be lost. BTW - that's a fact, there is NO test, there is NO training, there is nothing in Illinois - that's why 50% of the rehabbers are wingnuts out here. I never knew rehabbers could be so..... normal until I found the right rehabbers and vets... ok enough of that...back to YEA - IR is on deck!!!

island rehabber
06-10-2011, 06:02 AM
There IS a Rehabber's Forum, which is a closed forum where rehabbers can "talk tech" without chit-chat :D, when needed. However as the system stands right now I don't have the magic power to join up any new members, and the forum has been pretty dead for a year now. BUT...as promised, soon as Squerly teaches me all the magic spells & potions to make stuff happen around here, I will activate some new members.

Note to all beloved non-rehabber TSB members: This forum is not excluding you from anything fun, my friends. Since licensed rehabbers are bound by certain state and federal laws, however, sometimes we need a place to discuss decisions or problems which are best kept out of the prying eyes of Big Brother. :peace

mudmaiden
06-10-2011, 07:15 AM
Congratulations IR...I can't think of anyone more deserving. This board has saved so many and brought together countless people who I am sure will remain friends forever!!!:jump

2ndHandRanchRescue
06-10-2011, 08:37 AM
There IS a Rehabber's Forum, which is a closed forum where rehabbers can "talk tech" without chit-chat :D, when needed. However as the system stands right now I don't have the magic power to join up any new members, and the forum has been pretty dead for a year now. BUT...as promised, soon as Squerly teaches me all the magic spells & potions to make stuff happen around here, I will activate some new members.

Note to all beloved non-rehabber TSB members: This forum is not excluding you from anything fun, my friends. Since licensed rehabbers are bound by certain state and federal laws, however, sometimes we need a place to discuss decisions or problems which are best kept out of the prying eyes of Big Brother. :peace

That is wonderful! I have really grown with you guys - not kidding and have had a support system that has helped when I feel overwhelmed or bummed when I've tried to save. I just spoke with a scary rehabber (local) and gave me the heeby geebies - that's what I thought rehabbers were until I found good ones. Yea, its scary when a rehabber says they've lost ALL their baby critters 2 years in a row - so well done IR can't wait to see that area - I thirst for knowledge!

island rehabber
06-10-2011, 10:44 AM
Yea, its scary when a rehabber says they've lost ALL their baby critters 2 years in a row -

:eek::eek::pissed:pissed:pissed:pissed:eek::eek: that's atrocious and INEXCUSABLE!!

stosh2010
06-10-2011, 11:07 AM
That is wonderful! I have really grown with you guys - not kidding and have had a support system that has helped when I feel overwhelmed or bummed when I've tried to save. I just spoke with a scary rehabber (local) and gave me the heeby geebies - that's what I thought rehabbers were until I found good ones. Yea, its scary when a rehabber says they've lost ALL their baby critters 2 years in a row - so well done IR can't wait to see that area - I thirst for knowledge!
Could you inquire what they are feeding them ( FV...Esbilac...etc.) maybe a well intentioned question will save NEXT YEAR's babies at that re-habber...

KNOWLEDGE is POWER---

################################################## ###################
Stosh >>> keeper of the KING & the PRINCESS ( of Costa Rica )

VISIT the KING at: http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27141&page=306
VISIT the PRINCESS at : http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?p=655123#post655123

2ndHandRanchRescue
06-10-2011, 02:55 PM
Oh guys, if I could take you to these 'rehabbers' The hoarding, the dead animals, the smell. We have 3 naughty ones out here. 1 is in jail, 2 are under investigation ( the dead baby folks) These are who people around here meet and think of when I say rehabber - my goal is to not only rehab and release my critters but to one by one show folks that rehabbers do not = hoarders. When I started these folks told me mortalitiy rate in squirrels and other mammals was 50%. I soon found new rehabbers in other counties and became very good friends with my vet. Sorry - for thread-jack. I told my vet all about TSB today - she was so excited for me!!!

mpetys
06-10-2011, 03:23 PM
:eek::eek::pissed:pissed:pissed:pissed:eek::eek: that's atrocious and INEXCUSABLE!!

OMG, especially when you see totally inexperienced people come on TSB with new found babies ask for help and advice and go on to successfully raise healthy babies. We all have had problems as some point that we are able to work through with help and advice of our TSB friends and sometimes we have a case that is just totally leaves us wondering what went wrong.

2ndHandRanchRescue, sounds like you have your work cut out for you. You have your hands full with your rescues but you are also trying to change public perception of what a rehabber is. My hat is off to you! :bowdown

island rehabber
06-10-2011, 04:04 PM
I've heard that ridiculous 50% survival rate for squirrels, too -- are they kidding?? My survival rate is 90%-- 95% if I can get them past the first 24 hours. (There are always the ones that come in dying and all you can do is help them cross the Bridge.) I'm no genius and I rehab out of an overcrowded condo -- so, it ain't that hard to do it RIGHT.

stosh2010
08-18-2011, 11:43 AM
Friends, it's now official, although it's been in the works for months. Jim (Squerly) and Trish (Momma Squirrel), the creators and owners of The Squirrel Board, have given The Squirrel Board to me---May 30,2011.

Well I.R.It's almost been three months since you "TOOK the HELM".. I must say... It's been PEACEFUL...
Job WELL Done....

island rehabber
08-18-2011, 11:51 AM
Thanks stosh. :) That Zoloft mist that I have piped through everyone's keyboard, once they join, works pretty well, right? :D

SquirrelsinSingapore
08-18-2011, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndHandRanchRescue
Yea, its scary when a rehabber says they've lost ALL their baby critters 2 years in a row -

I am echoing IR's sentiments. Thats just not right!

FallensMommie
08-25-2011, 03:44 PM
Congrats...I'm just now reading this :hidechair I'm very happy for you!! :jump

stepnstone
08-25-2011, 04:35 PM
Thanks stosh. :) That Zoloft mist that I have piped through everyone's keyboard, once they join, works pretty well, right? :D

...and Ann wonders why I'm at the computer so much.:jump

mpetys
08-25-2011, 06:10 PM

Zoloft? I assumed it must have been Rescue Remedy! :D

SammysMom
08-25-2011, 07:37 PM
Who on Earth are you kidding IR? Did you really think anyone was going to challenge someone from "da'Bronx"????:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Nana3
06-19-2013, 05:17 AM
CONGRATULATIONS IR!!!:multi