PDA

View Full Version : Joplin, MO

Crabbyolebroad
05-22-2011, 08:20 PM
Was flattened by a tornado tonight...I'm not sure where to post this, but if anyone in the area needs help with babies, etc, please give me a yell...I live in Wichita and will make the drive.

Please pray for them all!

mugzeezma
05-22-2011, 08:28 PM
Was flattened by a tornado tonight...I'm not sure where to post this, but if anyone in the area needs help with babies, etc, please give me a yell...I live in Wichita and will make the drive.

Please pray for them all!

OMG... FLATTENED????

We're on a T watch up here tonight

THat's where my folks lived right after they married...I know an odd thing to say

Crabbyolebroad
05-22-2011, 08:32 PM
Yes...If you have the Weather Channel, turn it on. Mike Bettes, who has been chasing for a few days actually broke down during his first report because there are fatalities that he and other found. It looks almost as bad as Greensburg, Kansas did.

SammysMom
05-22-2011, 08:33 PM
:grouphug Prayers to all 4-legged as well as 2-legged!:grouphug

Tickle's Mom
05-22-2011, 09:25 PM
They are showing pictures now on our news :shakehead

Prayers for all - so sad. :grouphug

Caglemedic
05-22-2011, 09:59 PM
Never thought I would see this here, we were just talking about moving back home. I miss it and now all my sweet friends. I am crying so hard.

JLM27
05-22-2011, 11:03 PM
Now don't decide anyone is gone until you know. There has been a lot of property destruction, but no one knows yet how many actually died. It took days for people to find out when all of those tornados ripped through Alabama. Some lost loved ones, including one board member, but MOST DID NOT. Rebuilding Joplin will also take people doing those jobs, so maybe you will be able to move back there to help rebuild once the Federal money comes in. You dear sweet lady, you and your friends are in my prayers tonight. May God bless you and keep you through this hard time. You and your husband and your little ones are safe for tonight, just focus on that.

SquirrelNut
05-23-2011, 04:34 AM
How heartbreaking!

Watching the morning News and it does NOT look good.

OMG, the Hospital damaged terribly!

Many deaths and many injuries!

Prayers being sent to ALL!:grouphug

mpetys
05-23-2011, 06:00 AM
I am so sorry to hear this. So soon after the tornados in the south! I don't think I will ever be able to hear about a tornado without tearing up and praying for the people living there or with loved ones there. I mean I always did before, but now it's different. I feel it more. My heart feels it more.

Does anyone know if we have any members in affected areas? Maybe they are not able to post!

Michele

SquirrelNut
05-23-2011, 06:16 AM
Yes, it is just terrible.

89 deaths so far which will surely climb!

Just so tragic!

Mandy is in Mansfield, Missouri. I believe she is fine from her post on Facebook.

I was going to check a Map of Missouri to be sure.

Fingers crossed!

mpetys
05-23-2011, 06:26 AM
Yes, I just saw the update on the fatalaties. So sad.

Crabbyolebroad, you may want to have admin change the title of this thread to something like Joplin, MONTH tornado. Others may not realize what is being discussed here and I think the prayers of many are needed. Just a thought.

Michele

Rianna
05-23-2011, 07:13 AM
Our prayers are with the folks in Joplin. :grouphug

momma2boo
05-23-2011, 12:05 PM
Just checking in to see if any of our TSB family is located near or in Joplin.

Prayers to all in that area.

mugzeezma
05-23-2011, 12:18 PM
Just checking in to see if any of our TSB family is located near or in Joplin.

Prayers to all in that area.

MANDIE but I don't know how close...I was thinking Springfield?
Anyone hear from NG?

momma2boo
05-23-2011, 12:42 PM
MANDIE but I don't know how close...I was thinking Springfield?
Anyone hear from NG?

Knowing our Mandie she is probably there in Joplin searching for critters. That girl of ours is an angel!

wheezer
05-23-2011, 03:40 PM
I came here to see if Mandie was affected:grouphug
You are correct, if she is Ok, she is searching to help others:Love_Icon

Rianna
05-23-2011, 04:36 PM
Updated deaths: 116 :(

NaturesGift
05-23-2011, 08:57 PM
I'm ok about 45 min from Joplin we just had straight line winds up to 80 mph.

And after trying and begging my outdoor squirrels to come to me I ended up tying their cages down and watching from my rehab building well talking on my phone with a guy in St Loius with 4 coonies at a vets office with a 30 min deadline to place 4 coonies b4 they had them PTS.

All kids finally placed...and now 2 more I'm arranging to get tonight sometime.

I'm getting call after call of baby birds on the ground thankfully everyone has been reconnected with parent birdies including one batch of robins hanging in a basket in a tree.

It's gonna get worse with all the new storms coming through.
My friend who runs a parrot rescue has 15 parrots coming from Joplin animal control untill there owners can be found

JLM27
05-24-2011, 07:39 AM
Did your outdoor squirrels seem to know that there was danger?

I'm so glad you are OK, Mandie.

Tickle's Mom
05-24-2011, 07:48 AM
:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Crabbyolebroad
05-24-2011, 08:06 AM
I can't help with the parrots cause I'm very allergic, but I can help with others..so if you need something, give me a yell.

NaturesGift
05-24-2011, 10:01 PM
Did your outdoor squirrels seem to know that there was danger?

I'm so glad you are OK, Mandie.

Yeah they were holed up in their nesting boxes and I didnt want any escapees all I got was Arthur. I was so worried that my cages would flip ...and wasn't sure tying them to trees would help b.c of all the flooding the trees are falling easy b.c it's just mush.

I'm further then I thought from Joplin... I got a possie from there and I dong remember it being so far. It's 3 counties over. Joplin was hit bad!!! My bosses husband has been driving an ambulance back and forth to Springfield.

Hospitals are full ppl in hallways...blood everywhere. He says it's a horror story the destruction is horrible!!

And Joplin wasn't the only place that was hit rural areas and other small towns. But Joplin was the worst tornado ever. I now have this fear for this season and I don't like it!!

Ty crabby more calls will come after cleanup starts