PDA

View Full Version : Grooming & Malocclusion

Rhapsody
05-16-2011, 09:39 AM
A good question popped up in my head lat night.....

If Marven, my NR squirrel, is to have his four front teeth removed when he turns five months old and has enough body mass on him to with stand the surgery time how is he (and I) going to deal with his grooming needs once the surgery is over and all is well once again in the World of Marven?

Rhapsody
05-16-2011, 10:10 AM
....... I mean - How is Marven going to deal with his Grooming Needs with out Teeth?
What special care will I have to perform? :dono

Jackie in Tampa
05-16-2011, 11:07 AM
....... I mean - How is Marven going to deal with his Grooming Needs with out Teeth?
What special care will I have to perform? :dono
none other than chopping his food and keeping him supplimented with good nutrition...I use vitamix and whey isolate in shakes and sprinkled on foods..
I actually chop rocky and hopes nuts with Henrys vitamix and protein ...the nuts are floating in powder..that's how it is or they don't get to eat nuts!:thumbsup
I think Marvin and you will be fine!:D :Love_Icon

Rhapsody
05-16-2011, 12:06 PM
THANKS JACKIE........ - but I need to know about GROOMING HIM, not his FOOD
(which you so graciously already informed me about at your house) - :poke :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :shakehead :thinking :rotfl :rotfl

Jackie in Tampa
05-16-2011, 01:32 PM
THANKS JACKIE........ - but I need to know about GROOMING HIM, not his FOOD
(which you so graciously already informed me about at your house) - :poke :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :shakehead :thinking :rotfl :rotfl:poke he still has a tongue silly girl...and they don't get stupid when they get their teeth pulled, their brains don't fall out:rotfl ...:poke j/k:D

Rhapsody
05-16-2011, 10:02 PM
:poke he still has a tongue silly girl...and they don't get stupid when they get their teeth pulled, their brains don't fall out:rotfl ...:poke j/k:D
:rofl4 :rofl4 :rofl4 :chair :chair :wiggle :wiggle :wiggle :wiggle = CM2278
...... ok ok now that I have stopped laughing, I was just thinking that he wont be able to bite and pick with his front teeth any more like he does now - will his tongue be able to do every thing needed to keep his fur tidy? - or will I need to use the dog brush/comb every now and then?

:thankyou :D :thankyou :D :thankyou

Rhapsody
05-17-2011, 02:47 PM
:hyper :hyper :hyper :bump :bump :bump

momma2boo
05-17-2011, 02:51 PM
:rofl4 :rofl4 :rofl4 :chair :chair :wiggle :wiggle :wiggle :wiggle = CM2278
...... ok ok now that I have stopped laughing, I was just thinking that he wont be able to bite and pick with his front teeth any more like he does now - will his tongue be able to do every thing needed to keep his fur tidy? - or will I need to use the dog brush/comb every now and then?

:thankyou :D :thankyou :D :thankyou

From what I've noticed with my own squirrels they tend to scrape my skin, when grooming ME, with their lower teeth. I betcha your boy will do just fine.