PDA

View Full Version : 8 bunnies need help!

tazzy
05-08-2011, 09:26 PM
Was contacted by a friend that they mowed over a bunny nest and killed momma:( Left behind were 8 litle ones---maybe 2 weeks old. I am not suehow to handle and wht to do first
Help anyone!

NaturesGift
05-08-2011, 09:47 PM
Bunny nests are lined with fur so often ppl mistake e flying fur for a dead mom. A momma rabbit just wouldn't allow hersel to be mowed over

Your best course if action is to replace the babies and tidy the nest

Put an x with 2 strings over the nest check I. The mornin if the. X is messed up.

NaturesGift
05-08-2011, 09:49 PM
I get this same call over and over. And unless you have body parts to prove mom was killed im sure mom will come back if given the chance

squirrelsrule&bunniestoo
05-09-2011, 02:27 PM
:goodpost I get that all the time too. Definitely give mom a chance, she'll take care of her little tykes :thumbsup

tazzy
05-09-2011, 06:45 PM
Bunny nests are lined with fur so often ppl mistake e flying fur for a dead mom. A momma rabbit just wouldn't allow hersel to be mowed over

Your best course if action is to replace the babies and tidy the nest

Put an x with 2 strings over the nest check I. The mornin if the. X is messed up.

Babies were left alone all day:( A couple of them ar looking really week. Feel like I need to hydrate them ASAP. Should I use the homemad Pedialyte like I di for my ophane squirrel (ZIGGY).

mugzeezma
05-09-2011, 06:49 PM
Babies were left alone all day:( A couple of them ar looking really week. Feel like I need to hydrate them ASAP. Should I use the homemad Pedialyte like I di for my ophane squirrel (ZIGGY).
Mama only comes by at night
do the string or sprinkle flour.
Bunnies are a lot of work.

do you have FV 32/40?

tazzy
05-18-2011, 10:20 PM
Bunnies are doing great! They are drinking Fox Valley from a syringe twice a day, nibbling on clover and rolled oats and have access to a small crock of water. They are getting more and more skittish everytime I feed them--which is good if they are going to survive the wild.
I have had them two weeks and I think they were about 2 weeks old when I got them. Just a guess???
When can I release them safely?
They are hopping all over and very active. Just want to do what is best for them. Help please!:thankyou