PDA

View Full Version : Glad I found this squirrel board.

Ellymae
05-07-2011, 10:55 PM
I am so happy to find a place where people love squirrels as much as I do. I am a private rescue and rehabber and take care of three non-releasable squirrels as well. Right now I have 2 grays with malocclusions and a white squirrel that suffered a stroke and has occasional seizures. My hat's off to all you folks out there trying to help these little creatures.

2ndHandRanchRescue
05-07-2011, 10:59 PM
Welcome!!! This is the place for sharing and caring all about the little fuzzers - I just found in Nov and I'm pleased as punch to be part of TSB
:Welcome

Rhapsody
05-07-2011, 11:11 PM
WELCOME to TSB............ :wave123
... I too am in Florida

UDoWhat
05-07-2011, 11:21 PM
:wave123 and :Welcome So glad you found TSB. We will look forward to more on your NRs

Marty, Licensed Maryland Master Wildlife Rehabilitator

Twi_prime
05-08-2011, 12:57 AM
Hi Ellymae. I'm pretty new here myself and am in Florida, Putnam/Clay/St. Johns County area. Mind if I ask your area? I'm always interested in where the rehabbers are, in case a critter needs help. Do you strictly rehab squirrels, or other animals too? Thanks! Hope you have fun here.

JakesLittlePrincess
05-08-2011, 05:24 AM
:Welcome aboard!

Ellymae
05-08-2011, 10:36 AM
Thanks everyone. To you Florida folks, I am in the Leon/Gadsden county area. I do strictly squirrels now, and my neighbor does everything. My husband and I have 5 dogs and one cat which are all rescues, so I keep pretty busy. Will be checking this board frequently for all the good info you all give. We never stop learning.
:thankyou

maga n yaya
05-08-2011, 12:54 PM
Welcome Ellymae.

If I recall my geography, you're in the panhandle, in a very nicely wooded and picturesque county. :D

Regarding the malocclusion, TSB has some members that remain undaunted by the severity of this condition, and tirelessly offer advice and aid on teeth trimming. So you are definitely on the right board.

Bless you for utilizing 'rescues' as the source for your pet choices, and happy that you've found loving companions from your shelters.

Never to many plugs for adopting from shelters vs. buying from pet store/breeder situations, huh Ellymae?:bowdown :bowdown

Hello and :Welcome

jo_schmoe
05-08-2011, 12:58 PM
:Welcome You will love it here!!
My eyes got as big as dinner plates when I read you have a white squirrel. Any chance you have some pics to share. I bet he/she is a real beauty!!

Chickenlegs
05-08-2011, 02:31 PM
Aaaaaaaah! A kindred spirit--and I believe somebody has already bugged you for pictures so I'll just throw in a big HOWDY and Welcome to a GREAT place! :Welcome

Legomom
05-08-2011, 02:42 PM
:Welcome We can always use more hands in Florida. It's seems when baby season ends, hurricane season starts & squirrels are in need every where. :shakehead

I have a head trauma NR who cannot keep her teeth trimmed so I have to clip at least every 6 weeks. It's a hard thing to have to do, but so very important.

So sorry to hear about your White NR, but how lucky you are (and him)! Is he albino or truly white with black eyes? Would love to hear & see more of him & your others.
I have seen the white squirrels in NC that are not albino & I grew up in Cleveland OH where the black squirrels are as common as the grays. I love them all! Take care! :wave123

Rescue04
05-08-2011, 03:16 PM
i am in florida too. we do mostly squirrels and possums right now. but we do have an adult duck we are rehabbing. our first attempt. she seems to be doing very well. the florida babies can use all the help they can get!! :Welcome
look forward to seeing pics of your babies!!

Ellymae
05-09-2011, 09:18 PM
I would love to post a picture of my white squirrel, but don't know how to do it. I have a Mac and use iPhoto. Anyone know how to do this?:thinking

jo_schmoe
05-09-2011, 09:53 PM
I would love to post a picture of my white squirrel, but don't know how to do it. I have a Mac and use iPhoto. Anyone know how to do this?:thinking
Yep, I too have a mac and use Iphoto. ( I love my mac)
On here...go down to the box under where you type in what you wanna say and choose manage attachements. That should bring up your finder. Then choose where and what pic you want and select choose. Then click upload in the box that comes up and walla!! Iphoto tends to make pics much bigger so I click tools, adjust size and then I usually use a 7 or a 9 in the top box. Hope this makes sense.

SquirrelsinSingapore
05-09-2011, 10:19 PM
eagerly anticipating your squirrel photographs... :D :D
:wahoo

Ellymae
05-09-2011, 10:48 PM
In my screen, I am not seeing where it says "manage attachments". What am I missing here?

momma2boo
05-09-2011, 11:06 PM
You need to go to the section under the window where you type your messages. It is in the section named "Additional Options". Just scroll past the buttons that say "submit reply" and "preview post" ... you'll see it.

Welcome to the board, Ellymae. I have 3 rescue kitties, 3 rescue dogs, 1 rabbit, 1 rescue bird (budgy ... he was sitting on my front porch on my planter waiting for me before a cold snap last year), 2 juvie squirrels to be released in about 2 months, 1 southern flying squirrel, and 2 NR greys.

You're gonna fit in nicely here! I am also from Florida. I am outside Daytona Beach (sandwiched nicely between Jacksonville and Orlando)

Julie

Ellymae
05-09-2011, 11:22 PM
My additional options only shows:

Miscellaneous Options:
Automatically parse links in text
Disable smilies in text

Thread Subscription:
Notification Type

I am still confused :confused:

Ellymae
05-09-2011, 11:25 PM
I just noticed under my posting rules that:

I may post new threads
I may post replies
I "may not" post attachments
I "may not" edit my posts

Is this normal on TSB?

jo_schmoe
05-09-2011, 11:26 PM
ok, there are 3 boxes....reply to thread, additional options, and topic review. Look in the additional options box. This all will be seen when you go to reply.

jo_schmoe
05-09-2011, 11:30 PM
I just noticed under my posting rules that:

I may post new threads
I may post replies
I "may not" post attachments
I "may not" edit my posts

Is this normal on TSB?
Im not sure if thats normal. Maybe ask an admin. :dono
You can email the pic to me and I can post it for ya.
joeschmoe36@gmail.com

Ellymae
05-09-2011, 11:32 PM
I did that and it only shows what my previous post stated.

jo_schmoe
05-09-2011, 11:33 PM
I did that and it only shows what my previous post stated.
Ok, I think i posted before....been so busy today I am not sure but you can email me th epic and I can post it for ya
joeschmoe36@gmail.com promise Im not a creeper!

Ellymae
05-09-2011, 11:38 PM
Goodnight Joe. I will try again tomorrow.

jo_schmoe
05-09-2011, 11:40 PM
Goodnight Joe. I will try again tomorrow.
Ok, gnite Ellie....looking forward to seeing your pics. Wow...a white squirrel...can't wait!!!

momma2boo
05-09-2011, 11:42 PM
I had posted a message for you but something happened and next thing I know it was not there. *EDIT: IT JUST NOW SHOWED UP. I THINK MY COMPUTER IS RUNNING SLOW. What do you think? LOL

mugzeezma
05-09-2011, 11:52 PM
I had posted a message for you but something happened and next thing I know it was not there. *EDIT: IT JUST NOW SHOWED UP. I THINK MY COMPUTER IS RUNNING SLOW. What do you think? LOL

well M2B it's here now...

Welcome Ellymae! glad to have you aboard and looking forward to PICTURES!!!:D :wave123

jo_schmoe
05-10-2011, 08:26 PM
Posting this for Elliymae.
What a gorgeous squirrel. :Love_Icon :Love_Icon
What a lucky squama!! :wott :wott

rockybaby
05-10-2011, 08:33 PM
Bee-u-tee-ful !!! What a lucky mom you are!

Tickle's Mom
05-10-2011, 08:36 PM
:Welcome :Welcome :Welcome

I'm in Jacksonville with one NR squirrel named Tickle and one free loading chipmunk named Flower, who is just hanging out til she goes to Christmas, Florida SOMETIME THIS YEAR!!!

Looking forward to those pictures...:multi

OH - W O W Now that's one gorgeous squirrel!!!!!!!:Love_Icon :Love_Icon :Love_Icon

stepnstone
05-10-2011, 08:47 PM
Your white is beautiful! :bowdown
I have only ever seen one white out in the wild and that was in Chattanooga, TN. at an old civil war cemetery, I was mesmerized!

jo_schmoe
05-10-2011, 09:13 PM
And one more from Ellymae.

Rambo & Nina catching some zzzzz's before getting ready for their release.

Twi_prime
05-11-2011, 02:21 AM
Oh boy, white squirrel! He's like a little Yeti! :)

stepnstone
05-11-2011, 03:16 AM
And one more from Ellymae.
Rambo & Nina catching some zzzzz's before getting ready for their release.

Now how cute is that! :D

JakesLittlePrincess
05-11-2011, 06:19 AM
They are all beautiful! The white squirrel is absolutely amazing!!!

Busysqrl
05-11-2011, 09:48 AM
Oh my, she is a beaut! We don't see that many white squirrels on here, so this is a real treat! Thank you for sharing her with us and WELCOME aboard. You're going to love it here. So many people and I find I'm always learning something. :grouphug

Ellymae
05-11-2011, 08:43 PM
Thanks everyone for all your kind comments. Thank you Joe Schmoe for adding my photos. Unfortunately, the administrator is not answering my questions about posting photos or questions in general, so I'm at a loss here. Any advice from anyone?

Rhapsody
05-11-2011, 09:05 PM
You will probably be able to post pics after you have posted a certain number of threads..... since you are a New Member to TSB.
Your PICS & BABIES are ADORABLE.... :Love_Icon

SquirrelsinSingapore
05-11-2011, 11:48 PM
:Love_Icon:Love_Icon

Ellymae
05-12-2011, 09:43 AM
Thanks Rhapsody. Do you know about how many threads I will have to respond to, or is it how many post I make?

Ellymae
05-14-2011, 06:43 PM
I now have permission to post attachments :) Now I will just have to figure out how to do it. Jo Schmoe, thanks for the Mac and iPhoto tips.

jo_schmoe
05-14-2011, 08:05 PM
I now have permission to post attachments :) Now I will just have to figure out how to do it. Jo Schmoe, thanks for the Mac and iPhoto tips.
Anytime Elly....anytime.
Looking forward to seeing more pics of your beautiful babes!!!
Let me know if you need any more help. :peace

Ellymae
05-14-2011, 08:19 PM
Hey Jo, I think I now have a profile picture :)

Ellymae
05-14-2011, 08:20 PM
Although, it didn't show up on my last post.:thinking

jo_schmoe
05-14-2011, 08:28 PM
Although, it didn't show up on my last post.:thinking
hmmmm.....try again. Im here if you need me. :D

Ellymae
05-14-2011, 08:32 PM
It shows my profile picture, and when I hit save changes, it says upload of file failed. I go back to edit the picture, and it is still there, but will not upload.

jo_schmoe
05-14-2011, 08:36 PM
It shows my profile picture, and when I hit save changes, it says upload of file failed. I go back to edit the picture, and it is still there, but will not upload.
Try the avatar. profile pics are just on your profile. If you want a pic when you post thats an avatar. Try that and see if it works. :tilt

Ellymae
05-14-2011, 08:40 PM
It now shows as my avatar, but when I went to save, it said the same thing...upload of file failed, yet the picture is there.

Ellymae
05-14-2011, 08:41 PM
Ahhhh....there it is!

Rhapsody
05-14-2011, 08:48 PM
Some times uploads fail IF the pic is to BIG.

Rhapsody
05-14-2011, 08:49 PM
TO POST PICS - - -> Try PhotoBucket.com (use their last code to post)

jo_schmoe
05-14-2011, 08:59 PM
Ahhhh....there it is!
whoohoooo!!! Looks great. Mine said it failed when I did it too....but it didn't. weird