PDA

View Full Version : Is there someone who can do a soft release in the Houston area?

jennifer57
04-29-2011, 02:58 PM
Squeakers is ready to go free! I was going to do the soft release myself, but thought maybe it would be better a different way. We live on a busy street. I haven't built the release cage yet. What I was thinking is that if there is someone who can do a soft release, I can donate the cage he's in, whatever supplies are left (probably not too much) and the cash I would've spent getting a release cage ready. If there's no one available, I can still do it myself, I just thought I'd throw this out there. He's doing great, btw, eating a huge variety, drinking plenty of water (he gets his FV in a dish as well), nesting and pretty much just being a squirrel!

~Jenn

Jackie in Tampa
04-29-2011, 03:24 PM
I will list several peeps worthy...you should PM them all and they will help you!:thumbsup
I am not sure who maybe closer, so that's what you must geographically figure out!
Good luck!
cbell
lookmomchickens
mrs skul
muffin squirrel
there are more, but I am in brain fade ...will ad as I remember:crazy

muffinsquirrel
04-30-2011, 01:54 AM
Hi Jenn,

I'll be more than glad to do a slow release down here - I am about 25 miles above Beaumont TX. I have several soft release cages ready, so that will not be a problem. We feed our wild squirrels all year long, and there are plenty of trees around for everyone - we have 24 acres. A large majority of our releases will still take a nut from our hand, and some of them will actually come bang on the door if we don't get out there fast enough for them.

Let me know if you're interested, and we'll get things set up for it.

muffinsquirrel

jennifer57
04-30-2011, 08:37 AM
Hi Muffinsquirrel! Your place sounds like squirrel paradise! I am definitely interested. You're about 2 hours or so from me, but I've never been one to shy from a road trip :o)

Thanks!
~Jenn