PDA

View Full Version : HAIR TODAY...GONE TOMORROW

TinyPaws
04-25-2011, 04:36 PM
What could be causing hair loss around the groin area and on the inner thiegs? There is no skin irritation or reddness..He's in good health..He gets a good balanced diet, which is suplimented with FV....He's been getting lots of fresh air..and with all the windows open, he's getting good sun exposure, except the last few days due to T-Storms...

His calcium is good, like I said, he get FV everyday..and he also chews on antlers..he also gets his protien everyday...

Any ideas?

pappy1264
04-25-2011, 04:38 PM
Any signs of anything gritty or scabby feeling in that area? (Are we talking about a grey or a flyer, btw?)

TinyPaws
04-25-2011, 04:41 PM
Oh I'm sorry, I forgot to mention who it was...It's Dylan my grey...

To your question, No..the skin is very smooth and of normal color..

CritterMom
04-25-2011, 05:24 PM
Sometimes the boys pee and dribble and drag all over - scent marking and general male nonsense. Does Dylan? Mister P's groin area was a SWAMP part of last year, especially in the late summer (2nd mating period). Sorry, P, but it was.:shakehead I think it is adult male pee scald.

4skwerlz
04-25-2011, 05:38 PM
Yep, when the boys go into mating mode, the testicles enlarge and they excrete substances in their pee that cause the fur to fall out all around the groin area, and the area will look like it's stained a dark brown color. When mating season is over, the "boys" shrink back down, and they grow new white, clean fur over the whole area. My Henry does this at least once a year.:)

TinyPaws
04-25-2011, 07:24 PM
I'm glad it's nothing out of the ordinary....He is 2 1/2 years old now and probably at his sexual peak....I guess with all the windows open, he can smell all the girls outside...There is something he does now and then to I guess feel relief, but it's nothing I can put on the open board....

CritterMom
04-25-2011, 07:29 PM
I'm glad it's nothing out of the ordinary....He is 2 1/2 years old now and probably at his sexual peak....I guess with all the windows open, he can smell all the girls outside...There is something he does now and then to I guess feel relief, but it's nothing I can put on the open board....

Flexible, aren't they?:D

TinyPaws
04-25-2011, 07:35 PM
Hi CM..:wave123 Yes they are.. He practically folds himself in half..:D

NutmegsMommy
04-25-2011, 08:14 PM
Tiny Paws and CritterMom - you just made my day - I laughed at your last 2 postings :) :) :) Sooooooooooooooooooooo true!!!

mpetys
04-25-2011, 10:08 PM
Hi CM..:wave123 Yes they are.. He practically folds himself in half..:D

Haha! I think this is what I saw my MonkeyButt doing for a while a few months back. At first, I was worried that he had some kind of urinary tract infection and was feeling discomfort. Then I realized there was no discomfort involved!

TinyPaws
04-26-2011, 03:52 AM
This would be the discomfort every male species would love to have..:rotfl