PDA

View Full Version : Rescue remedy again.

crazysquirrels
04-25-2011, 12:31 PM
I need to know exactly what one to get. I have to transport Talula and I don't know how this will go. Will this stuff relax her a bit if needed? How does it work and what one exactly should I get? Thanks.

CritterMom
04-25-2011, 12:45 PM
Regular old Rescue Remedy for humans. Not for pets, not for sleep, just the standard stuff. It comes in both a dropper and a little spray like mouth spray. Yes, it will help to calm her. Probably the easiest is to spray her paw pads - it will travel right through the skin.

In an emergency situation - an injury or something, getting it in contact with the mucous membranes is the fastest, so in the mouth then, but it tastes like alcohol so in non-emergency just spray the feet.

crazysquirrels
04-25-2011, 01:20 PM
Perfect thank you.

crazysquirrels
05-02-2011, 10:57 PM
What is a proper doseage for this. I bought the dropper type. It says 4 drops for a person in a glass of water. So how much is good for her. 1 to 2 drop? BTW she weighs 1.6 pounds if that matters.

gs1
05-02-2011, 11:48 PM
i used to give my five pound rabbit 2 drops ... so i'd say one drop....

i've given it to rabbits on their gums or on a piece of parsley .... also rubbed on their ears.... (not to drip down ofcourse) ... and granted rabbit ears are so large that it's easier to do than on squirrels...:D

also don't let the dropper touch anything.... i used to put on my hands and then on the rabbit....

also don't store near anything strong smelling ... like peppermint/chocolate etc... and away from electrical appliances/gadgets etc...

(just what a homeopath once told me...)

:grouphug good luck with talula:Love_Icon :grouphug

crazysquirrels
05-03-2011, 06:07 PM
She took it right from the dropper. Maybe an alcoholic:shakehead . She mellowed out in about 15 min. I tried it first though to see what would happen.:dono

CritterMom
05-03-2011, 06:29 PM
CS, you can put it on the bottoms of her feet, too - they have bare feet and it will go right through the skin - good for follow-up doses.

crazysquirrels
05-03-2011, 06:42 PM
She didn't like the feet thing but was happy to take it from the dropper.