PDA

View Full Version : Momma2boo's Boo Ball Recipe

momma2boo
04-22-2011, 10:57 AM
Here is the recipe and instructions for my Boo Balls:

There have been a couple of changes. I used to use Kaytee and HT. I now only use Harlan Teklad. I also alternate the type of nuts I use to keep my squirrels from becoming bored. I use almonds, pecans, or sometimes I mix a bit of waltnuts in with one of the others.

Ingredients:

50 grams rodent block (crushed to a fine powder) I use Harlan Teklad 2018.

50 grams powdered Fox Valley squirrel formula. I use 32/40.

50 grams crushed nuts. I NEVER use peanuts.

3 capsules of Multidolphilus.

20 grams "organic" coconut oil (melted)

1 jar (approximately 100 grams) of Earth's Best Organic baby food fruit (I use apples and plums)

Directions for mixing:

Mix dry ingredients together well (including the multidolphilus powder from inside the capsules).

Mix organic baby food fruit in to your dry ingredients until well blended. It will seem very wet.

Mix coconut oil into the mixture until well blended.

Put in the refrigerator for 5 hours (Overnight is even better). This lets it set up. It softens/moistens the rodent block and dissolves the FV.

Once you are ready to serve it take out about a 1/2 tsp (5 grams) of the mixture and roll is in your hands but not so much that it will melt the coconut oil. Give it to your squirrel.

I feed two of these a day. One in the morning and one in the evening. Between these two feeding I give them their assorted fresh vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, avocado, field greens, red bell pepper, cooked sweet potato, cucumber, zucchini, grape tomatoes, occasionally a piece of a baby carrot ... the list of veggies can go on and on and on.