PDA

View Full Version : Lump on belly by back leg

webld4u2
12-05-2006, 01:46 PM
One of my 3 babies has a lump on her belly, but in the crease if her hind leg. It is about the size of a pea, and there is another tiny one next to it. I noticed them when I recieved them last week, and overnight, it became this large. They were so little before I thought it was from playing. It is not affecting her at all, or at least it doesn't seem to be. She is eating, drinking, playing, climbing, getting in trouble just like the rest of them...Does anybody have any clue what this may be??? Thanks for any advice...

Critter_Queen
12-05-2006, 01:53 PM
No, but that does sound odd... No broken skin or anything anywhere even close to that area? Red, inflammed, touchy?

Weird...

webld4u2
12-05-2006, 06:35 PM
Here is a picture. I had to wet it a little so you could see it better.

Somebody's Mother
12-05-2006, 06:38 PM
darcy does she have other bumps?
nvm i think those are the pads of her hind feet i am looking at!! lol!

webld4u2
12-05-2006, 06:39 PM
Yes, she has one more, very small one next to this one. They are actually on her belly, but very close to the crease where her hip is.

Gabe
12-05-2006, 06:56 PM
SM, you're funny.
My guess is puncture wound with soft tissue swelling. Maybe from a wire on the cage? When she was grabbed to remove her to ready her for transport? You know how they like to hang on for dear life when we want to pick them up.

webld4u2
12-05-2006, 07:06 PM
I have had them for 1 week today, and I have no clue how they were kept before. I recieved them from Wildlife Welfare of Raleigh.

Gabe
12-08-2006, 06:08 PM
webld4u2, how is the squirrel with the lumps? Any changes?

webld4u2
12-09-2006, 11:02 AM
She is still doing great. Lumps are still there, but are not bothering her. I still don't have a clue as to what is going on. I will keep you informed if there are any changes. Thanks for asking!

squirrelfriend
12-09-2006, 09:54 PM
Is she of an age where she might have been with her mother in the near past? My Weebles who is kind of wobbly used to carry her babies from place to place now and then. She had left a bunch of scratches from her teeth in that same area. that is where her teeth clenched them. two of them had punctures there. Scarlet (thus named for the scar that the result of this) had hers get infected. hers was very deep. after draining it a couple of times for her it healed nicely. left a scar though. Feisty had a deep cut on the back of her thigh. the mother had carried her by the leg. If this is a possibility keep an eye out for pus pockets or infection. If no infection it should heal without a problem.

It could also be a parasite problem. Keep an eye out for any crawlies. taking her to a vet would be able to determine what kind of parasite it might be.