PDA

View Full Version : How to make Budroo eat his veggies?!?!?!

Shawnsmommy19
04-05-2011, 03:05 PM
OK so as you all know i have a new baby named buddy. He is almost 8 weeks old and weighs 237 grams. He eats 20-27ccs three times a day and gets fresh veggies all day. The problemn is i cant seem to get him to eat his veggies. Anyways How can i make them more tasty to him ive tried mixing them with FV but he dont seem to like it.... Any suggestions would be helpful Thank You!!!:jump

Rhapsody
04-05-2011, 03:24 PM
Many of us will spread creamy peanut butter or sprinkle flax seeds over the vegetables to help entice them to take a bite.... you can even try cooking or steaming the vegetables.

Good Luck....

Rainy9
04-05-2011, 03:28 PM
Alot of members here have had success with steaming the veggies. Also, with the amounts of FV your guy is currently consuming, he may not be hungry for anything else. I'm not saying you need to feed him less FV...of course not! But over time he will want less and less and at that point, he will probably take more interest in the veggies. Good luck! :thumbsup

SammysMom
04-05-2011, 03:28 PM
I had the same issue with Sammy. Someone here suggested flaxseed. I found it in a box of packets. I sprinkle it over his veggies and it made them irresistible to him. What does he enjoy the most?

Shawnsmommy19
04-05-2011, 03:46 PM
:rotfl I cant really tell honestly he gets cherry tomatoes, snap peas, green beans, 2 blueberries bellpeppers,cucumbers and i also have mushrooms but i have not given them to him cause im not sure if they are safe for him or not . I mix all of these veggies in a 3 quart dish and replace them 3 times a day. He also hates hates the texture of it everytime his paw touches something cold he shivers lol Dang picky little man :D

Shawnsmommy19
04-05-2011, 03:59 PM
Oh and in addition he also eats 3 mazuri rodent blocks and 1 zupreme monkey biscuit

fire-eyez
04-05-2011, 05:16 PM
:D
:rotfl I cant really tell honestly he gets cherry tomatoes, snap peas, green beans, 2 blueberries bellpeppers,cucumbers and i also have mushrooms but i have not given them to him cause im not sure if they are safe for him or not . :D

all those are safe for greys if you go to henrypets.com there is a pyramid of safe approved foods for greys and flyers :D

Shawnsmommy19
04-06-2011, 11:09 PM
:dono I think something is wrong with buddy.... He has no obvious injuries or anything but everytime i touch him in a certain spot he kinda squeaks softly aand keeps doing it until i take my hand off that spot... IF anyone can please get someone in the Atlanta area to call me tomorrow i would really love it.....If you need my number send me a PM and ill check it tomorrow morning first thing.... I just really need to know if something is wrong with buddy .....

Rhapsody
04-06-2011, 11:33 PM
I think something is wrong with buddy.... He has no obvious injuries or anything but everytime i touch him in a certain spot he kinda squeaks softly aand keeps doing it until i take my hand off that spot.
Where is the spot?

Rhapsody
04-06-2011, 11:35 PM
i have not given them to him cause im not sure if they are safe for him or not
LIST of ALL SAFE FOOD & NUTS!! @
http://www.thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16093

Shawnsmommy19
04-07-2011, 11:39 AM
Its on his rib cage But no obvious signs of trauma or anything....Just soreness

Tickle's Mom
04-07-2011, 01:27 PM
Did anyone in your area contact you?