PDA

View Full Version : Fox Valley

BeeFernandez22
03-28-2011, 08:02 PM
My FV formula finally arrived!! :thumbsup I know I need to slowly transition the babies to it, but do you guys use the amount recommendations on the back of the bag? I know the rule is usually 5-7% body weight (They weighed in at 75 and 80 grams yesterday so they have been getting 5cc every 4 hrs) but the FV is more filling. Can any body help me out on amount and frequency? I would appreciate it!

island rehabber
03-28-2011, 08:37 PM
well let's see...my triplets weigh in at 80-85g before eating. They are now going at least 4 hrs between meals, sometimes 5 because if they still look full I don't feed them just because 4 hours have passed. FV does hold them longer, so be sure not to space feedings too closely. :)

BeeFernandez22
03-28-2011, 09:19 PM
Wow that's great! Full tummys=sleep for me :) Should I continue giving the same amount of cc's?

island rehabber
03-28-2011, 09:24 PM
Use the 5-7% as a guideline. The baby might want a little more, and so long as you don't start seeing white, mushy poops a little more is FINE. If you do, then back off the amount a little.

As for sleep, at 3-4 weeks they can go 6-7 hours overnight no problem, so long as they are healthy and well-hydrated.