PDA

View Full Version : My Odontoma fears for Tiger have just been confirmed!

TigerRoni
02-22-2011, 12:29 PM
To all who have been on this roller coaster ride with me since August 10 ....Dr. Dan has just confirmed that Tiger has odontomas on all teeth. I'm going to keep this short for now. The tears are spilling onto my keyboard. This was my first conversation with Dr. Dan and I'll I can say is WOW! What a wonderful doc. He told me to tell everyone here at TSB hello. He appreciates us all! I'll keep you posted. Big Squirrel prayers are so desperately needed.

Love, Kristine.

island rehabber
02-22-2011, 12:40 PM
Kristine, I know you must be so fearful for your beloved boy, but at least now you know what's wrong. And there is nobody better -- nobody -- for this type of situation than Dr Dan. Tiger is in the very very best hands this side of heaven. :bowdown Prayers for you and Tiger and Dr Dan coming your way.

Anne
02-22-2011, 01:09 PM
:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

lilidukes
02-22-2011, 01:16 PM
Kristine warmest wishes and prayers for you and Tiger. :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Tickle's Mom
02-22-2011, 01:37 PM
:grouphug :grouphug :Love_Icon :Love_Icon :grouphug :grouphug

momma2boo
02-22-2011, 04:32 PM
I don't know what can be done but if you want to have your vet contact mine here is her information.

386-788-1550
alicia.emerson@ravenwoodvet.net

Alicia Emerson specializes in dentistry and was VERY good with my Boo when he had major surgery to remove the lower incisor and his molars.

Like I said, I don't know what can be done but it couldn't hurt to have Dr. Dan talk to Dr. E.

Best of luck ... my thoughts are with you ... as is my :Love_Icon .

Julie

TigerRoni
02-22-2011, 06:16 PM
Thanks so so very much girls. I don't know what I would do with out the love and support from TSB. I'm in a state of shock and my emotions are all over the place. I'm in the process of trying to find hotels for my extended stay. I'm thinking he might be there somewhere around 7-10 days. Do I need to look for a pet friendly hotel with a squirrel? He will be there at least the first night in Raleigh and then maybe the night before we head home. It's a 12 hour drive that I will be attempting to do in one long day. Tiger does not adjust well to change and I'm not sure how he will handle this new surrounding. So much rushing through my mind.

Lulu2010
02-22-2011, 08:29 PM
I was not aware of what Odontoma was so I had to google it. I am extremely sorry to hear about your Tiger. My heart goes out to you. :Love_Icon I will keep both of you in my prayers. I hope you will update us on how the surgery goes. I also pray that your trip is safe and as easy as it can be for a long drive like that. :grouphug to you and :grouphug to Tiger.

Tickle's Mom
02-22-2011, 08:36 PM
Maybe you can spend the night with someone from TSB along the way???:dono
Less stress on both of you.:Love_Icon

asweetdiversion
02-22-2011, 11:18 PM
Maybe you can spend the night with someone from TSB along the way???:dono
Less stress on both of you.:Love_Icon

Hi TigerRoni,

I live about 50 miles south of I-10 and off Highway 98 ( scenic route) on the Gulf Coast, Panama City Beach. You and Tiger and your family are welcome to stay with us, or if you need a break from driving and need to get out of the car for bathroom or just anything I can do. I have a loving Christian home that is so squirrel friendly and please, please feel free to use our home for any part of your long trip if your route brings you close to us.

Lots of prayers coming your way, I will PM you my phone number in case you need to stop in for any single thing, I'll even cry with you if it helps. I feel sure the loving hand of God will protect you and Tiger so let us help if we can.

TigerRoni
02-23-2011, 10:53 AM
Girls, I have talked to Dr. Dan this morning and we have scheduled Tiger's surgery for Tuesday March 1. We will have a consult on Monday. I will be traveling on Sunday. I voiced my concerns about stress and he is talking with our local vet about safe meds. *Deep Breath* This is all moving so fast. My mind is racing with what needs to be done, etc. Still don't know how much the surgery will cost. He never did say when I asked about amount and type of payments accepted. I'm pulling in the troops. I have a friend looking into hotel points for me that I can use. So it's in God's hands. I know it will fall all into place. I'll keep you posted.

island rehabber
02-23-2011, 10:55 AM
asweetdiversion, what a beautiful offer. :bowdown
TigerRoni, stock up on Bach Flower Rescue Remedy, which you can rub inside his ears or put in a spray bottle and 'mist' him. Also have a cover for his cage or carrier....some squirrels enjoy looking out the window while traveling but many are much quieter if covered. :tilt

TigerRoni
02-23-2011, 02:15 PM
I agree IR. It was a beautiful offer. I hope she got my email I sent her this morning. I am feeling TSB love. I do have some of that RR in a spray bottle. IR, have you heard if I can use it on his feet? Someone told me to spray some on my finger and rub it on his foot. Does it work there also, or just in his ears? You guys are the best. I'm truly, blessed to have found TSB.

CritterMom
02-23-2011, 02:34 PM
You can spray it anywhere they have bare skin - feet are easy to reach usually.

If you have a situation of great stress that you want to take care of, the FASTEST way to get the RR into their system is through the mucous membranes in their mouth - a drop on lips/tongue/gums, whatever, will speed it in; the follow up can be topical if it is easier. Whenever I deal with an injured or hurt animal the very first thing I do is give RR - I carry it in my purse so I always have it.

Buy the human stuff, not the pet formulation. The human RR is tinctured with alcohol which is what makes it work through the skin. The animal RR is water based and not as effective.