PDA

View Full Version : I ----> Need a Little Support

Rhapsody
02-16-2011, 10:45 PM
Tonight is Picasso 1st night outside all by him self and I am having a hard time not going outside to be with him or checking on him every 30 minutes...... me think someone needs to hand cuff this squammy to the bed post until the sun comes up so Picasso can adjust to being outside with out me interfering every other hour - :Love_Icon :crybaby :Love_Icon

Scooterzmom
02-16-2011, 10:49 PM
Awww I do feel for ya... letting them grow up is so very hard. At least you get to see him in the morning. I'm sure that with his squammy nearby Picasso is going to do just fine. :grouphug

I had to take my babies to another place more than an hour's drive from here and hand them over to an animal rescue lady who took over the pre-release and the release :( Man I drove back from there each time in tears, with my heart broken and worried sick about them. :sad

Rhapsody
02-16-2011, 10:59 PM
Sorry for your tears....... ((( HUGS )))
Reading what you went through almost made me cry - :Love_Icon

NaturesGift
02-16-2011, 11:00 PM
Be strong!! U can do this!

Rhapsody
02-16-2011, 11:12 PM
Be strong!! U can do this!

I know he needs to go and I have no issue with that... he just looks so "what you doing mom - hey! come back here and get me" - I just pray he will be safe tonight and that my dogs will bark if any critters come into the yard sniffing around...... Picasso is just 12 feet away from the dogs room, they will hear if any thing gets to close.

island rehabber
02-17-2011, 07:24 AM
How is he this morning, Rhaps? Did he have a good night's sleep in the fresh night air? :)

stosh2010
02-17-2011, 07:29 AM
I hope you are fixing a HUNGRYMAN's BREAKFAST for him....
Extra Pancakes and Syrup.....

SammysMom
02-17-2011, 07:32 AM
OMGoodness Rhapsody...my thoughts are with you while I sit here crying about having to go through the same with my Sammy. I hope he does well. You certainly have given him a wonderful loving start! :thumbsup

pappy1264
02-17-2011, 07:37 AM
I can really feel for you. I will be facing this very soon with my four......but I have to say, seeing Pinkie out there every morning (she was released Aug. 14th) with her babies makes me smile, knowing they will do fine and be happy. But doesn't help the awful pain FOR ME! So my prayers are with you. How'd he do? (And did YOU get any sleep????)

lilidukes
02-17-2011, 07:47 AM
:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :thumbsup :thumbsup :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

heyjamai
02-17-2011, 08:14 AM
Aww, I just read this post... I was wondering how I was so lucky to have help in the middle of the night on the forum- Were you up all night worrying? :( I hope it will get a little easier for you each night!

Anne
02-17-2011, 08:33 AM
Hang in there Momma, you can do this. It is what is best for your baby, but knowing that doesn't make it any easier.:grouphug

crazysquirrels
02-17-2011, 08:56 AM
:grouphug We all know your pain right now. For me this is the harest part of the entire process.

Rhapsody
02-17-2011, 09:13 AM
EVERYONE ---> Thanks for the SUPPORT...... :Love_Icon

Picasso did wonderfully for his first night and his two guard dogs didnt bark once. When I stirred a little this morning at 7:20 am the first thing I did was look out my bed room window into the back yard and there was Picasso out of his nest box already jumping around in the cage...... and He NEVER Got Up That Early in The House - :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Guess Picasso is well on his way to becoming a Wild Squirrel Again..... he is already working on getting his internal clock set to squirrel time. :thumbsup

Scooterzmom
02-17-2011, 10:16 AM
Yayyyy Picasso!!!! Good boy!!!!! I bet you must feel quite relieved RAPS :D You also must be tired... I saw you , sill up at the wee hours last nite.

Rhapsody
02-17-2011, 01:12 PM
Yayyyy Picasso!!!! Good boy!!!!! I bet you must feel quite relieved RAPS :D You also must be tired... I saw you , sill up at the wee hours last nite.

Yes quite relieved (i will sleep better tonight knowing Picasso can handle the night life outside) and Yes, I am a little tired today I was up til 3am helping another board member with their squirrel who had taken a few bites of an avocado pit right before I was about to sign off for the night...... but I dont mind, it gave me an excuse to eat some of the Valentine chocolate to keep me awake :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

djarenspace9
02-17-2011, 01:21 PM
Wow, that's tough!

I have to send my babies away for outside conditioning and release,
so I have no choice but to put them in someone else's hands.

I've always hoped to be able to release "on site" one day,
if and when I move, but I guess that's probably harder if you
have to resist the urge to run outside and bring your babies inside!

Glad to hear it's working out well!

TinyPaws
02-17-2011, 04:18 PM
I'm so glad he's adjusting...and don't worry about checking on him throughout the night, even to the extreme..for it is written in the Squammys Handbook, it is OUR DUTY to be over protective of our babies...

Kelly Brady
02-17-2011, 06:20 PM
I am sorry I didn't see this sooner with all of my drama at my house to help you with some support.

I am so glad picasso did so well.
Everyone is correct when they say at least you get to watch Picasso go through the process. My three are ready to have the door opened and be out on there own by this weekend.
Remember picasso will probably come back to see you for a very long time.
I released some over a year ago and they come back to see me daily. And then there is..... Paco and her babies.:D I need to charge her rent. Clearance was a release last Spring and he still comes to sit right next to me and eat his breakfast.

This part is the coolest part, but it doesn't mean we won't shed a tear or two (maybe more depending on what time of the month it is). :rotfl
Have fun squammy

asweetdiversion
02-17-2011, 07:47 PM
Picasso will be fine...130236 He's gt lots and lots of fun squirrel things to do and I bet in the morning you will feel better. In the mean time...130237 have a cocktail and watch Gone With The Wind 3 times and it will be morning before you know it.

Rhapsody
02-17-2011, 08:54 PM
Picasso will be fine...130236

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww - THANKS - :D :D :D :D
I just LoVe the painting icon you have there - its soooooo SPECIAL :Love_Icon