PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions - Good Vet?

Rhapsody
02-14-2011, 09:54 AM
With Me getting all these babies in this Squirrel Season and with me possibly getting the squirrel from BendyChicken with the swollen leg/hip I thought it was time I get the name of a few good vets around the Lakeland area that are willing to take care of squirrels with out turning them in..... I never have had the need to call upon a vet with any of my squirrels so far.

Any one got a name or two they care to recommend?

:thankyou :Love_Icon :thankyou

momma2boo
02-14-2011, 10:09 AM
With Me getting all these babies in this Squirrel Season and with me possibly getting the squirrel from BendyChicken with the swollen leg/hip I thought it was time I get the name of a few good vets around the Lakeland area that are willing to take care of squirrels with out turning them in..... I never have had the need to call upon a vet with any of my squirrels so far.

Any one got a name or two they care to recommend?

:thankyou :Love_Icon :thankyou

I have a wildlife vet here on the east coast (Port Orange ... south of Daytona Beach). Her name is Alicia Emerson and she is fantastic with small critters (exotics, squirrels, rabbits, ground squirrels, hedge hogs, skunks, ...)

386-788-1550

Rhapsody
02-14-2011, 10:11 AM
Ok - I just did some calling around my self while waiting I got a recommendation to a doctor that works with another Wildlife Lady that brings in her own animals and they have no issues with Squirrels - w00t w00t

Thompson Animal Clinic
6615 South Florida Ave
Lakeland, Florida 33813
(863) 648-4886

New Patients $52 (exotics)
Follow up Apt $31
Regular Apt $45

Monday – Friday
8 am – 5 pm
Saturday
8:30 – 12 noon
Sunday
Closed

Rhapsody
02-14-2011, 09:40 PM
Does any one have VET they care to mention that is close by that I can keep around as a back up?

djarenspace9
02-14-2011, 09:47 PM
What do you consider close?
I know several in the Orlando area that treat wildlife.
They are much more costly than the one you found.
I may even drive to Lakeland with those rates!!

Rhapsody
02-14-2011, 09:57 PM
What do you consider close?

Tampa & Orlando are a little farther than I would want to drive as a back..... I will do a more calling my self and see what the surrounding cities have, but Thanks I will keeps Orlando in mind just in case.