PDA

View Full Version : NWRA symposium

psychobird
02-14-2011, 09:35 AM
anybody going to the nwra symposium in albany next week????
i won a scholarship to attend from wildlife rehabilitators association of massachusetts
I"M SO EXCITED!!!

psychobird
02-21-2011, 05:00 PM
Aww bummer would've been fun to meet up with tsb folks

2ndHandRanchRescue
02-21-2011, 08:35 PM
I am green with envy!! Have a great time. I went when it was in Chicago - AMAZING!!!! I hope it comes back to the Chicagoland area....I hope I hope I hope. Did I say I was Green!!! :crazy

island rehabber
02-21-2011, 09:30 PM
Darn, I was planning to go since it's only a 2.5 hr drive for me. Then i saw the syllabus, and it was crazy: I believe there are only squirrel or mammal-related seminars on Wednesday, and then not again until Saturday :thinking. So I figured I'd have to drive up and back, and then up and back again 3 days later! :shakehead I only do squirrels, so it's silly for me to pay for a hotel all week, to take classes on raptors and fawns and waterfowl......which I will never rehab.
Sorry I won't get to meet you, psychobird!

psychobird
02-22-2011, 07:49 AM
I know the schedule looks crazy, I want to do it all!
Norm smith will be there doing his snowy owl talk which I saw once and it blew my mind, and he brought birds with him
Come anyways ir I for one can't wait to hit that hot tub and pool! I sneak u in
Havnt been anywhere in yrs, first time in over 5 yrs I won't have to think about cleaning and feeding anyone but myself!

island rehabber
02-22-2011, 07:55 AM
I know the schedule looks crazy, I want to do it all!
Norm smith will be there doing his snowy owl talk which I saw once and it blew my mind, and he brought birds with him
Come anyways ir I for one can't wait to hit that hot tub and pool! I sneak u in
Havnt been anywhere in yrs, first time in over 5 yrs I won't have to think about cleaning and feeding anyone but myself!
Y'know that sounds tempting, and I'd probably do it if the BF wasn't in Calif til March 3....nobody to feed the fuzzers & kitties :sanp3. Also -- it sounded like I'm not interested in other critters and that's not true...for the first 5 years since getting my license I took every course available from turtle shell repair to raptor necropsy and everything in between. But that was when the seminars were compressed into 1-2 days. :dono Have a blast, lady -- you DESERVE it!! :tilt

Marci
02-24-2011, 10:51 AM
IR -

You don't want to go to Albany? I think Buddy's Vet is a presenter, but I am not sure. JK

Marci

Marci
02-24-2011, 10:54 AM
IR -

He is going and presenting Avian Orthopedics on Feb 26.

Marci

psychobird
03-02-2011, 12:29 PM
Wow! What an amazing experience! I learned soooo much
I recommend anybody who ever plans to rehab anything permitted or not attend one of these symposiums if they get the chance!!!

island rehabber
03-02-2011, 12:41 PM
I've always heard the National conference is great! Did you go to barbara B-P's squirrel lecture?

psychobird
03-02-2011, 04:43 PM
Yes I did! She's a hoot!

island rehabber
03-02-2011, 09:29 PM
I know! I'll be presenting with her this Tuesday at the ASPCA in Manhattan....hate to have to follow her act! :sanp3 :rotfl

psychobird
03-03-2011, 07:00 AM
I'm sure it will be great! You should post a video of it!
There is always more to learn with rehabbing
I learned something at each and every lecture or workshop
Except for norm smith's owl talk and thats only because I saw him a while ago at the cape ann winter birding weekend!
Even then he gave an update on his daughters study on the saw whet owls

Nancy in New York
03-07-2011, 07:16 AM
I know! I'll be presenting with her this Tuesday at the ASPCA in Manhattan....hate to have to follow her act! :sanp3 :rotfl

Tomorrow is the big day Maura. :thumbsup
Are you kidding me...."hate to have to follow her act!" You are every bit as knowledgeable, charming, and entertaining as Barbara.
Why do you think she put you second.....:thinking
SHE didn't want to follow YOU....:tilt
:Love_Icon