PDA

View Full Version : hello from florida

bendychicken
02-11-2011, 07:57 PM
My husband found baby squirrels that fell out of their nest on Monday at his job site. His job site is in our residential neighborhood. We went to lunch, I dropped him back off, and within 20min of returning home he was calling me about the babies. They were not there when I dropped him off from lunch. One of them was really injured so I did not wait around to see if mom would return.

I'm on here to learn from others, ask questions, and release these guys when old enough.

I will post my questions and more info on the babies.

Nancy in New York
02-11-2011, 08:00 PM
My husband found baby squirrels that fell out of their nest on Monday at his job site. His job site is in our residential neighborhood. We went to lunch, I dropped him back off, and within 20min of returning home he was calling me about the babies. They were not there when I dropped him off from lunch. One of them was really injured so I did not wait around to see if mom would return.

I'm on here to learn from others, ask questions, and release these guys when old enough.

I will post my questions and more info on the babies.

Thrilled to have you, and we have many members from Florida that can help you. Perhaps you would want to go into the non-emergency section on the board and make a new post, you will get lots of help....We love babies, and we love helping. Glad that you found us!!!!!
If you have a problem navigating around, just come back to this thread and we will help you...:thumbsup

fire-eyez
02-11-2011, 08:02 PM
HELLO! I am in florida as well :) glad to see you taking these babies in...this is a great site with woderful, thoughful, and dedicated people...if you ever need anything dont hesitate to send me a PM. WELCOME YOUR ARE SOON TO BE OWNED BY SQUIRLIES LOL

Rhapsody
02-11-2011, 08:05 PM
Hello - I am from Florida as well..... glad you are here Welcome and please ask away "we are here to help" :thumbsup

Rescue04
02-11-2011, 09:19 PM
my hubby and i are from florida too. we can help if you need it. cant wait to see pics of the babies.

NaturesGift
02-11-2011, 09:24 PM
:Welcome Can't wait to see your lil cuties

lilidukes
02-11-2011, 10:29 PM
:Welcome glad you found us!!!

Anne
02-12-2011, 06:28 AM
:Welcome Lots of us here in Florida!:D It is so nice to live in a squirrel friendly state. You can never ask too many questions or post too many pictures.:jump So happy that you found us here on the board.:peace

bendychicken
02-12-2011, 07:43 AM
Thank you all for the wonderful welcome.

I have alot of questions and concerns. I will post questions in non-emergency threads.

One of the guys I'm really concern with and the other is doing really well.

stosh2010
02-12-2011, 09:40 AM
WELCOME.... you struck the MOTHER-LODE of Squirrel INFO & LOVE
Being NEW,,, the different threads can be a little confusing--here is a TRICK...
Always click on NEW POSTS at the top of the PAGE. That will bring up ONLY the NEW ones that were posted since you last turned on your computer...and you can "refresh" by clicking NEW POSTS any time. So if you are waiting for a reply...and you click NEW POSTS...all UN-READ threads that have been recently added to-- will come up in BOLD TYPE,The ones you read will be in regular type.
That is a quick way to keep up with every new post--from every corner of the TSB website.
If you log off-the ones NOW on your screen will not come up again...only new postings... I leave my computer on--and refresh with NEW POSTS several times a day to see who is adding info or requests.

I hope you find this helpful... I sure do.

http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20907&page=226

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Stosh >>> Keeper of the KING ( of Costa Rica )

djarenspace9
02-12-2011, 11:56 AM
Welcome!
I'm in FL also. :thumbsup
What area do you live in?

If you need help with anything, there's lots of helpful FL folks on TSB (lucky us!)

bendychicken
02-12-2011, 12:40 PM
I'm in Polk county Winter Haven.

Rhapsody
02-12-2011, 01:19 PM
I am in Lakeland - so I am just a Hop Skip and a Jump from YOU

bendychicken
02-12-2011, 01:32 PM
Happy to here I have somebody near me.

I have been on here all day.
I love The Squirrel Board.

I am going to switch to FV 32/40 from the Esbilac powder.

What is the proper mixture and do I need to add anything else to it?
My babies looked to be 4-5weeks when found on Monday.

They are trying to sit up and their tails started to curl on Thursday. I have two babies.

bendychicken
02-12-2011, 01:33 PM
Happy to hear I have somebody near me.

I have been on here all day.
I love The Squirrel Board.

I am going to switch to FV 32/40 from the Esbilac powder.

What is the proper mixture and do I need to add anything else to it?
My babies looked to be 4-5weeks when found on Monday.

They are trying to sit up and their tails started to curl on Thursday. I have two babies.

Rhapsody
02-12-2011, 01:43 PM
Yes Fox Valley is said to be GREAT - I will probably switch over to it with the next set of babies I get in.

Mix the Esbilac 1 part powder 2 part hot water (make sure you mix it well and get all the small powder pieces dissolved) - I use a small egg whisk for the job
Use the small end of the scoop - 1 scoop per 1 squirrel.... nothing else needed. ** So for 2 squirrels = 2 scoops powder + 4 scoops hot water (right from the faucet)

Jackie in Tampa
02-12-2011, 02:29 PM
:Welcome :wave123

momma2boo
02-12-2011, 04:17 PM
I am just outside Daytona Beach should you need anything.

Feel free to contact me.

Welcome :Welcome and thank you :thankyou for caring about these babies :Love_Icon .

Julie

Skul
02-13-2011, 06:33 PM
:wave123 Bendy.
Lots of Florida folks in here.
They're all Yankee transplants.:rotfl :poke

bendychicken
02-13-2011, 06:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgFti4CjYaA

This one is Cecil.

bendychicken
02-13-2011, 06:49 PM
some pics

Stover
02-17-2011, 12:54 AM
They are looking great! And welcome! Seems us Floridians are all over this site. I'm amazed at the amount of us on this forum. :Welcome