PDA

View Full Version : Do two week old greys get hiccups?

Kelly Brady
02-11-2011, 12:34 PM
My little rescue last night does not have any mouth breathing or clicking.

But when we start to eat FV, before the mouth is even open, she gets little rythmatic tummy jumps. Just like the hiccups. Anyone ever seen this?

UDoWhat
02-11-2011, 10:46 PM
Oops ,I didn't see this earlier. I posted my answer in the other thread. Will reply here too. I have had babies get hiccups. I usually just pat their little backs gently like burping a baby. That usually will take care of it. Hope that helps. Your new baby is darling. Does she hiccup often?

mpetys
02-12-2011, 12:02 AM
Hi Kelly. I have had babies with hiccups before but this new baby I have, Toby, did something yesterday that did not seem like hiccups. I honestly felt like I was feeling and seeing an exaggerated heartbeat. You know how a hiccup is like hic CUP, then a bunch of seconds, and then the hic CUP is repeated. Well, what Toby did felt more like when you are feeling your pulse. A constant BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP.

I took a video of it on my cell phone camera. See if you can see what I mean and if yours looked like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os5zL85WLGg

island rehabber
02-12-2011, 06:13 AM
I took a video of it on my cell phone camera. See if you can see what I mean and if yours looked like this.

I can't tell you clinically what that is, but I know I've seen it many times in baby squirrels. I don't believe anything's up with Toby, except outrageously cute cuteness. :D

Kelly Brady
02-12-2011, 03:31 PM
Oops ,I didn't see this earlier. I posted my answer in the other thread. Will reply here too. I have had babies get hiccups. I usually just pat their little backs gently like burping a baby. That usually will take care of it. Hope that helps. Your new baby is darling. Does she hiccup often?

Thank you UDW:D She is doing better with each feeding. she has only hiccuped three times and they were all yesterday. None today so far. It is so cute. It mainly began with just the first few sips of FV and then stopped to finish eating. She is getting stronger and eating more thank goodness.

We have bonded and I am in complete utter love :Love_Icon (as if I haven't loved any of the little bugars):D

All of them have me busier than a one armed paper hanger I can tell you that:rotfl

Kelly Brady
02-12-2011, 03:35 PM
Hi Kelly. I have had babies with hiccups before but this new baby I have, Toby, did something yesterday that did not seem like hiccups. I honestly felt like I was feeling and seeing an exaggerated heartbeat. You know how a hiccup is like hic CUP, then a bunch of seconds, and then the hic CUP is repeated. Well, what Toby did felt more like when you are feeling your pulse. A constant BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP.

Hey there M.

No, little Lulu's did not look like that but I have seen that before as well.
I am convinced now that she had the old fashioned hiccups. It seemed to have begun at the beginning of each feeding session. I have not had any today. They were the cutest hiccups though. Tiny baby hiccups. I wish I new how to do video I could have kept that forever.
I am so looking forward to the get together at Jackies and talking squirrel with everyone:D Speaking of....I will be bringing a few with me:thinking

Kelly Brady
02-12-2011, 03:38 PM
I can't tell you clinically what that is, but I know I've seen it many times in baby squirrels. I don't believe anything's up with Toby, except outrageously cute cuteness. :D

Oh that cute little Toby tummy.....kisses kisses kisses:Squirrel