PDA

View Full Version : First-Time Squirreler

Jester
02-07-2011, 06:08 PM
Hi my names Danielle,

I'm a grad student in New Jersey. I have an 8-week old flying squirrel named Jester which Ive had for about a week now. I named him Jester cause he reminded me of a goofy little acrobat. I've always loved pets, I've raised several rabbits, 3 guinea pigs, several exotic frogs, and I've currently got 2 snakes and 2 dogs in addition to Jester. He's definitely a new experience. I'd wanted one for a while and it took me a long time to find a place within a semi-reasonable distance to get one. It was well worth the drive though, the moment the owner dropped him on me and he began running around on me I instantly fell in love with the little guy. I'm still trying figure out his preferences and things in general that he wants or needs. I've followed every care sheet I could find extra closely but additional information regarding raising pet flying squirrels is pretty limited.. such as how to respond to certain behaviors and what behavior is normal for a flying squirrel. I thought at least here I'd be able to find any information or help if I needed it. I really want to do the best I can for him. I appreciate in advance for any help or advice anyone ends up giving me, and I'm looking forward to becoming a part of this community.

I'll post a picture of him once I figure out how to.. I can't seem to find the go-advanced settings anywhere.. but yeah, hi.

UDoWhat
02-07-2011, 06:47 PM
:Welcome Danielle, TSB is the place to be if you are owned by a squirrel.
Be sure to check out the nutrition threads. Good nutrition = a healthy
squirrel and years of happiness.

Anne
02-07-2011, 06:58 PM
:Welcome To our family!:D We absolutely live for pictures, and you will find in formation on inserting pictures at the very bottom of the forum in the "How to" section. Be sure if you are using windows to go to Microsoft and downloaded the "Toys" application, it will allow you to make your pictures small enough to comfortably fit on the screen so all can enjoy your new little rascal. Also visit our flying squirrel section-lots of information there too.:thumbsup You are now ready for years of love and squirrel antics.:jump

JakesLittlePrincess
02-08-2011, 04:52 PM
:Welcome
Great to have you here!

Skul
02-08-2011, 05:20 PM
..I'll post a picture of him once I figure out how to.. I can't seem to find the go-advanced settings anywhere.. but yeah, hi.
First, resize the pix to somewhere around 800-900 pixels wide.
If possible, reduce file size 100k or less. Makes loading quite a bit faster.
Scroll down in the reply screen. You'll find an "Addition Options" box.
In there, is the "Manage Attachments" button. Clicko
Add as needed....hit attach....wait for them to upload.
After that, take a look at the options shown above the message block.
Find the paperclip. Click on it, then click attach all.
Hit submit reply, and it's done.

TinyPaws
02-08-2011, 05:44 PM
Hi :wave123 :Welcome to TSB..Can't wait to see pictures of Jester...