PDA

View Full Version : new here

nrhoades
01-21-2011, 07:21 AM
hi people im new here and im thinking about getting a squirrl and im seeking some help with what kind to get so help me out please. :thankyou

jo_schmoe
01-21-2011, 07:36 AM
:Welcome
Before you decided to buy a squirrel, you must make sure its legal to own one in your state. Then read this thread
http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24135
Also understand that in most states it is illegal to "catch" wildlife and keep them or sell them....so narrows your choices to sugar gliders which I believe are legal in a lot of places.
ANd then if all goes well....buy ALOT of band aids!!

island rehabber
01-21-2011, 07:50 AM
:goodpost:rotfl

mugzeezma
01-21-2011, 03:33 PM
hi people im new here and im thinking about getting a squirrl and im seeking some help with what kind to get so help me out please. :thankyou

Possessing or breeding of wildlife is illegal in Ohio.
Squirrels are considered wildlife.
Please go to your humane society and adopt a ferret or a rabbit. Craislist is loaded with cast off unwanted sugar gliders, ferrets, guinea pigs, rats, chinchillas, etc.
You can receive veterinary care and appropriate caging for these species.

Rhapsody
01-21-2011, 03:37 PM

What people keep as pets are usually flying squirrels or sugar gliders (they look similar - have diff diets) - but as posted earlier check your state laws to see if it is legal for you to have them before you go and purchase one.