PDA

View Full Version : Two baby squirrels in Charlotte need home/rehabber

vintagesquirrel
11-26-2006, 07:31 AM
Hello,
My daughter rescued 2 baby squirrels (boy & girl)who had fallen into her friends fireplace about 3 weeks ago. They are about 9 weeks old (guess)-healthy and have not been handled much. She is moving to CA next week and of course, cannot take them and we cannot keep them. If someone in the Charlotte, NC area could take them that would be great. We have tried contacting rehabber but just get an answering machine. Thanks so much.

rippie-n-lilgirlsmom
11-26-2006, 07:48 AM
Where in NC? There may be someone here willing to help out.

Somebody's Mother
11-26-2006, 07:55 AM
i can get you a rehabber. there should be at least two that i posted in north carolina about a week ago in the rehabber section. if they can't help then just email me at gerbils_in_oil@hotmail.com there is an underscore/underline between gerbils and in and between in and oil.
i will be going out for a bit this morning but will be back. i will find you a rehabber that can take them or i personally will meet you somewhere between charlotte and greenville,sc and take them myself. (elizalalala look out!!!)

vintagesquirrel
11-26-2006, 08:36 AM
I tried those rehabbers but only get answer machines. I am in Charlotte.

Somebody's Mother
11-26-2006, 09:21 AM
when do you need them relocated by? i can meet you at the belmont abbey exit.

vintagesquirrel
11-26-2006, 12:00 PM
Hi,
Thanks. I am not in a big hurry but I am not real, um, mobil, as I have to depend on a ride so I don't think I can get to Belmont.:shakehead

Somebody's Mother
11-26-2006, 12:33 PM
i will come to you if necessary or your kids. but let me see if i can find a rehabber close to you first.

Somebody's Mother
11-26-2006, 11:00 PM
you may want to talk to webld4u2 on here he/she is a north carolina rehabber. i sent them a message regarding the squirrels and hopefully i will hear back shortly. if i do then i am sure either webld4u2 or myself will post here.

webld4u2
11-27-2006, 07:23 AM
Didn't realize you weren't mobile. Charlotte is 3 hrs from me. I can do it too, but I will need a day or two to get reorganized. I have many squirrels, but could never have too many:jump
I left my cell # on PM for you. Call me and we can figure something out! What's up with them charlotte rehabbers????:nono

Momma Squirrel
11-27-2006, 07:38 AM
Thanks everyone for pulling this together. Boy we have such a great team and family here. Let us know what happens webld4u2. You are right never have too many flyers or any type of squirrel :crazy

Somebody's Mother
11-27-2006, 08:40 AM
the problem is that you can't get pm's or pm people till you have 15 posts and vintage squirrel only has 3 posts. that is why i posted my hotmail address. now if vintage squirrel will go ahead and email me i can share webld4u2's cell number.

Momma Squirrel
11-27-2006, 08:51 AM
If that doesn't work I will get Squerly to turn on her PM

webld4u2
11-27-2006, 01:45 PM
Has anyone heard anything from Vintage???? Maybe a rehabber called her back??:dono

vintagesquirrel
11-27-2006, 03:22 PM
Hi,
I'm sorry I didn't check back. I will email Somebody's mom s she will have my addy. Thanks so much guys!:thumbsup

ravenlaws32
11-28-2006, 11:27 PM
if all else fails i would try to help ,but we had death in family friday and im so upset and depressed at the moment i would not be much help . plus we are going out of town to get away from home for a few days. but if still have not found someoen to help i will ,i took the oath to help .

island rehabber
11-29-2006, 06:47 AM
if all else fails i would try to help ,but we had death in family friday and im so upset and depressed at the moment i would not be much help . plus we are going out of town to get away from home for a few days. but if still have not found someoen to help i will ,i took the oath to help .

Sorry to hear of your having more sadness over there, ravenlaws.....it has been such a tough time for you both and I truly hope next year will be much better. You're in my prayers. :)

Somebody's Mother
11-29-2006, 07:02 AM
and just to let ravenlaws know we have the baby squirrels covered as far as transportation. webld4u2 has some friends that will help.

ravenlaws i too am sorry to hear about your loss. please just try to take it easy and know that we care.

webld4u2
12-04-2006, 07:34 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that my friend was able to get the 2 squirrels tonight. She said they look okay and are wild, but she is unsure of age and so on. I will know more tommorrow. I am picking them up at 10am. I already have their new home ready, lots of nuts and fresh fruit when they get here. I will keep you posted! Darcy

ravenlaws32
12-05-2006, 02:54 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that my friend was able to get the 2 squirrels tonight. She said they look okay and are wild, but she is unsure of age and so on. I will know more tommorrow. I am picking them up at 10am. I already have their new home ready, lots of nuts and fresh fruit when they get here. I will keep you posted! Darcy

cool great news. :thumbsup

Somebody's Mother
12-05-2006, 04:44 PM
thank you darcy!! let me know if i can ever do anything to help you out. :thumbsup