PDA

View Full Version : What can I feed a chipmunk? How can I recreate his enviornment in a walk in cage?

crazyartistchipmunkguy
01-15-2011, 06:23 PM
Ok, I called Hellenslittlecritters, and she told me to call back in march once she has a litter to sell :), but now I have questions regarding food. I know the basics, Rodent mix, squirrel blocks, fruits and vegies, but I want to do something for taste. I was thinking about mixing honey, salt, cinnimon and sugar into some nuts, and providing some nuts with shells on the side. As well as mixing fresh, non dehydrated fruit and vegitables, and bits of cooked chicken into the mix, and providing oats, and squirrel blocks. Meybe a little peanutbutter. I know how they love peanutbutter :), and I'm also thinking about recreating a woodland enviornment in the cage with a Bunzi tree, soil, moss, and leaves from my yard, as opposed to the usual wood shavings in most rodent cages. Besides that, I want to hang a few cocoa fiber planters for climbing, to put food in, and to mimic the nests they naturally build. I will also open up the window next to where I intend to put the cage, when the temp outside is apropriate, and providing a small cage as well, so I can take him outside in summer. What In want to know, is if my ideas are good, and will be good for the animal. I am aiming to keep him happy and healthy. Thanks! :)

gs1
01-16-2011, 10:11 AM
hi: i don't know much about chipmunks lol... but maybe you could visit the chipmunk forums ... we have several people here who are chipmunk mad....:D

welcome... :Welcome