PDA

View Full Version : New Here!

CJStork
01-14-2011, 03:35 PM
Hello everyone, my name is Joann and I am new here :o)

I have a orphaned southern gray squirrel named SweetPea who is about 1 1/2 year old (he came to us as an infant ...the person who brought him to us had a big problem with squirrels eating through the wiring of his house so he cute down most of the trees in his yard and one day this little guy just kind of walked up to him) Now he is master of our home...most every corner of the walls have his signature teeth marks...lol..hubby just patches it up every other month or so...he is well worth the time. We have raised several squirrels and released them however SweetPea is so tamed I don't think he would make it in the wild so he is a forever part of the family.

The little flying squirrel in my pic is Sugar....she is also part of our family, a friend caught her in his yard and decided he didn't want her so now she is my baby.

I feel like I am home now having found this site )

Best to everyone
Joann mjs

squillgurl
01-14-2011, 03:42 PM
:Welcome Hi Joann...you've found a great place with us fellow squirrel lovers! Lots of valuable information, good advice, experienced and knowledgeable rehabbers, and even shoulders to cry on should the need arise. We're glad you're here. The more the merrier!

lilidukes
01-14-2011, 04:05 PM
Hi Joann:wave123 Welcome to TSB. We love pics.:tilt

CJStork
01-14-2011, 04:42 PM
Thank you for the welcome, I do wish I had found this site long ago...it would have saved me a lot of guess work. I will post pics soon!

mpetys
01-14-2011, 04:46 PM
Welcome Joann! Yes, we love pictures. I have a grey that turns 1 this month so I love to hear from others that are raising older squirrels.

Michele

Scooterzmom
01-14-2011, 05:17 PM
:wave123 This IS a home for squirrel lovers, Joann and you are very welcome to it! Come on in, sit right down, we're happy to have you! :Welcome

We'd LOVE to see pics of your little ones - we're all pic addicts here :jump

Jackie in Tampa
01-14-2011, 05:43 PM
:Welcome :wave123

BamaHam
01-14-2011, 11:55 PM
Welcome aboard to TSB! Sounds like you're in the right place. Here with the rest of the squirrelly family. We're nuts about our critters! :Welcome

CJStork
02-03-2011, 08:46 PM
Hello everyone, my name is Joann and I am new here :o)

I have a orphaned southern gray squirrel named SweetPea who is about 1 1/2 year old (he came to us as an infant ...the person who brought him to us had a big problem with squirrels eating through the wiring of his house so he cute down most of the trees in his yard and one day this little guy just kind of walked up to him) Now he is master of our home...most every corner of the walls have his signature teeth marks...lol..hubby just patches it up every other month or so...he is well worth the time. We have raised several squirrels and released them however SweetPea is so tamed I don't think he would make it in the wild so he is a forever part of the family.

The little flying squirrel in my pic is Sugar....she is also part of our family, a friend caught her in his yard and decided he didn't want her so now she is my baby.

I feel like I am home now having found this site )

Best to everyone
Joann mjs

I have been reading posts most everyday and am in love with quite a few lil fuzzers here!!

I need to learn how to make my picture sizes smaller so I can post some pics of my babies..any help would be great!:thinking

FLUFFYTAILNUT
02-03-2011, 10:13 PM
:Welcome To The Squirrel Board!:Welcome
We're all nuts! welcome to the club!:rotfl
FTN:wave123 --Rachel~:wave123

Lulu2010
02-03-2011, 11:07 PM
:Welcome Can't wait to see some pics! :D

Rhapsody
02-03-2011, 11:08 PM
Welcome to TSB - :wave123

asweetdiversion
02-03-2011, 11:14 PM
:wave123 welcome

UDoWhat
02-03-2011, 11:25 PM
:Welcome I am new too. This is a wonderful place.

Kelly Brady
02-04-2011, 12:06 PM
Hi Joanne and :Welcome to TSB.

We love pictures:multi

Hugs to sweetpea and sugar:grouphug

JakesLittlePrincess
02-05-2011, 06:21 AM
:Welcome
This is an awesome place for squirrel lovers. So much info and support here!!

island rehabber
02-05-2011, 08:41 AM
:Welcometo TSB! We're glad you found us.
It's my job to point all new members, who have a permanent resident squirrel at home, to our Nutrition Forum.....nutrition is the most important thing with caring for a squirrel, and lack of correct nutrition is, unfortunately, the leading cause of illness and death (due to MBD). Check out the forum, especially the Healthy Diet for pet Squirrels, and if your baby's diet is not along those lines then get movin' mamma -- you got work to do :D :poke.

Oh of course there's lots of fun stuff too....that goes without sayin'. :thumbsup :)

stosh2010
02-05-2011, 09:00 AM
I have been reading posts most everyday and am in love with quite a few lil fuzzers here!!

I need to learn how to make my picture sizes smaller so I can post some pics of my babies..any help would be great!:thinking
PM ( private message) me...In the upper right corner-under the WELCOME, CJStork...
Click Private Messages and then the link to Private message--If you want--- send your phone # and time to reach you--Now is good ???and I'll call . I have helped several members over the phone... No Problem ! I am one hour behind the EAST Coast time. ( Costa Rica)

VISIT the KING:
http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?p=606106#post606106

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Stosh >>> Keeper of the KING ( of Costa Rica )

2ndHandRanchRescue
02-05-2011, 10:56 AM
WELCOME!!! And yep, nutrition is #1 and this is the place for a great education!!! Enjoy!! Its addicting too - a day with out TSB is like a day with out sunshine