PDA

View Full Version : HELP EGG HATCHING!!!!

NaturesGift
11-24-2006, 05:22 AM
its 5:00 am here and I was turning the eggs (I have to 4 times aday it does not to it manually) and I I almost had a heart attack b/c I thought someone broke and egg... Then I looked closer and realized it was cracking from within.... I held it up to my ear and sure enough the lil baby is working away!!! What to do I do when D o I first feed them Are they like chickens (not for the first day) ???? when its fully hatches I put it under a heat lamp right? at what temp? man I didnt think it any would hatch so soon :crazy

btw all is well with the other 8 babies! Mousie is still holden strong! and like the ground needle...

oOo I can barelly contain my self .. Im gonnna be a mommy again!!! :sanp3 (Just an animals mommy lol) Thank goodness or my mother would have a fit!!!!!

Mandie!:jump

Squerly
11-24-2006, 05:24 AM
Well I don't know about feeding them, or even what "them" are going to be, but you better get a camera cuz you probably won't ever get another chance like this one... :jump

Gabe
11-24-2006, 06:16 AM
First, stop turning the eggs!!! They should not be turned 3 days prior to hatching, as they lose their air supply. Little sac inside the egg with air, they get all turned around and can't find their way out. Second, do not help them out, no matter what. They do not have to eat, the first 24 hours after hatching. This is the critical part. Hatchling song birds need a special enzyme found in the mouth of their parents to help them digest, not sure about pigeons needing it. Watch their stools carefully, they should not be runny. Pancrease (sp?) is they enzyme. It can be bought, look around for it, in case you need it.
What are you feeding the other pigeons? If you are feeding them with a tube, feed them, then use the same tube, with their saliva on it, to feed the newborns.

NaturesGift
11-24-2006, 09:33 AM
TY GAbe,... I have no Idea how close the others are to hatching being as there are 16 of them (eggs that is) and I have no Idea the hatching dates I just got them 4 days ago. he is very active should I remove him from the bater he is dry and very yellow!

I wish i had my camera to show you all . but my sis took it to tennesee with her:shakehead so I will go to wally world and buy a new one!!!!
i just have to cah my check! the other babies are way older.

Momma Squirrel
11-24-2006, 10:23 AM
Sounds like you are going to have your hands full. Good luck and keep us posted on the newborns. How exciting and scary.

NaturesGift
11-24-2006, 11:20 AM
my hands are overflowing!!! I have 7 older pigeons (three younger than the older four) Then my new baby mouse (He is still alive!!!!! ) (last time I tried to save baby mice I only had them for 3 days b4 they passed) Today is day 4 for him!!!! now I have hatching pigeons I was really hopeing they would wait a lil bit for me:) But at the end of the day my favorite parts of the day is spent with Dale (my fox squirrel) He is a great companion and a comfert because he is a great success. and a big brat at that! He loves wrestling with my toes! go figure just last week I was whining about not bottling Dale any more and how much I missed it and look what happened I have 9 bottle babies at once and possibly more to come as the eggs follow their own schedule! O yes I am exited and very scared b/c I have never raise birds just hatching I always was given a head startby the parents... but I am not regretting rescueing the babys and eggs. In the end Im sure it will be a great experience. With help from you all!

Squerly
11-24-2006, 11:23 AM
Well, you're in up to your neck, that's for sure! Good luck. :thumbsup

Gabe
11-24-2006, 01:52 PM
Can you transfer some saliva from the older pigeons to the hatchlings? What are the older pigeons eating and what are you planning to feed the younger ones?

NaturesGift
11-24-2006, 02:35 PM
Can you transfer some saliva from the older pigeons to the hatchlings? What are the older pigeons eating and what are you planning to feed the younger ones?

Gabe I followed your advice in my other thread when I first found them and bought KAYTEE exact ..you have no clue how hard it was to find it in this dinky town! Everywhere I went I got funny stares and clueless answers! how should I transfer saliva? when do I do this? and when can I take this now madly cute yellow squeeker out of the incubator?
Mandie! still waitin on a trip to wally world for a camera and so far no new babies! 15 eggs left!

Gabe
11-24-2006, 03:50 PM
Transfer saliva with every feeding for 4 days.
You can take it out of incubator and put it on heat. Use a box or arquarium, something with sides. Place heating pad under half or brooder light over half. Make sure it can get away from the heat. Read their body language. If they are stretched out panting, too hot.

NaturesGift
11-25-2006, 10:28 AM
ok Gabe I need some moral support ... u think its safe to feed her? It took me forever to be able to tube feed the other babies b/c I was worried I would hurt them.. so I slowly put food in the front of their beaks it took me 3 hrs to feed them lol but now I can do it ..

ok followin directions on the formula bottle! do you think its safe to try now?

o btw this is what she looks like this

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c35/canadian_Mandy/BabyPigeon.jpg

Gabe
11-25-2006, 10:46 AM
Go ahead and feed her. If you are not secure in tubing her, you can fill the syringe, get a big one, 3 or 5cc, pull the plunger out of it. Hold the opening towards her beak, cup your hand around it, and put it in front of her. They eat by putting their head inside their parents mouth. Try to create that sensation. The only thing I don't like about it, is it can get messy. Keep her feathers clean or she will lose them.

NaturesGift
11-25-2006, 11:41 AM
ty soooooooooo much Gabe I think I will try to tube her I will let you know how it works out... No new babies though. I am really worried about the eggs though b/c I dont think they are all as far along as this egg except one that I can hear pecking at her shell. I need to exercise the embryos should I flip them? I am worried that I will lose them if I dont... I was supposed to 3-4 times a day but I didnt yesterday b/c you told me to stop... (of coarse I wond flip the one that I hear pecking)
Mandy!

NaturesGift
11-25-2006, 12:09 PM
guys!!! the 2nd egg is cracking!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I get to see it today!!! yesterday I had to go to work :shakehead but yeay I get to see it today!

Suro
11-25-2006, 01:52 PM
How exciting!!!!!!
Keep us posted!!!!! :jump

Gabe
11-25-2006, 02:11 PM
Can you gently candle the eggs? Get an empty OJ carton, cut a hole in the bottom. It should be the size of the egg, or a little smaller. Place the opened top of the carton over a bare light bulb, hold the egg at the hole. If you see only darkness, stop turning. If you see veins, keep turning.
Mark each egg with a big X on one side. This will help you make a complete turn. Eggs should be turned an odd number of times a day, either 3 or 5, you pick. The reason for that is that if you turn an even number the same side will down all night, every night.

NaturesGift
11-25-2006, 04:58 PM
ok its still hatching it has been a slow process since i first heard heard her tapping last night. I can now see her beak coming through with every tap. sadly I have to leave for work in 10 min :shakehead Im gonna miss it again! I swear they are plotting this... To bad cows cant milk themselves!
Good Idea Gabe I will do it this evening I have been turning two b/c I know they are way further behind. I will let you guys know what my results are. I have only been doing it 3 times a day I am planning on hatching my quails eggs in January. (I only have 2 females and 8 males Its suppose to be a ratio of 3 females to 1 male:tilt ) so i had done alot of research into the matter of incubating... just most websites dont say what to do after they hatch just how to hatch them:) Well Ill be in touch!

Mandie!

Squerly
11-25-2006, 05:59 PM
This whole thread is too cool. Like watching a real life drama unfolding on TV.

Gabe
11-25-2006, 06:03 PM
:jump :jump

Somebody's Mother
11-25-2006, 06:21 PM
my first thought was horton hears a who or was it horton hatches an egg?? don't really remember. but this is an awesome thread. can't wait NG gets back for some more firsthand reporting.

GhosTS
11-25-2006, 06:30 PM
You got that right Squerly.This is great.Keep it up NaturesGift.Keep us posted.:alright.gif

Galena
11-25-2006, 07:09 PM
Man, this is better than tv :thumbsup

Momma Squirrel
11-25-2006, 07:23 PM
Naturesgift you go girl, you are doing a terrific job. :thumbsup What a cutie in that picture, hope you get lots more. And also get to see one hatch. Gabe you are doing a great job as a Coach :thumbsup

We need to put this on the Animal Planet channel :)

NaturesGift
11-25-2006, 08:44 PM
thanks all strangely enough I have the night off (or you would have to wait till 9:30 10 ish til I get home from work) ... the other milker forgot it was my night and was already there so I went home:) and will take an extra shift on monday! I am a lil concerned I can see the chicks face but she is still in the egg. she is moving however!

here are some pics!

The black on the egg is the whole These pics are from b4 5:00 I will take some more in a few!

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c35/canadian_Mandy/Egg1.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c35/canadian_Mandy/egg2.jpg

the whole is Gettihe lil n bigger!!!!
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c35/canadian_Mandy/035.jpg

the whole is the bigger black spot the lil one is crud that I was to worried to wipe off.

NaturesGift
11-25-2006, 09:28 PM
ok no improvements but still moving!!!
here is a pic
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c35/canadian_Mandy/almostthere.jpg

you have no idea how much I miss my camera it has a screen so I can see what im taking a pic of. I bought a lil key holder digital camera it is small and helpfull that it can just fit in the bator but i can never seem to focus it. but its somthing eh? I will keep you posted!

island rehabber
11-25-2006, 09:32 PM
This is so amazing.... watching play-by-play of a hatching!! :wahooIt's too cool for words....Thanks NG and Gabe, too -- so much talent on this Board.

NaturesGift
11-25-2006, 10:30 PM
really really worried!!!!!!!! she isnt moving anymore!!!! is she possibly resting?
o i really hope so!

another egg beginning crack and I candles the rest and 5 are ready to hatch soon and are not far behind and 2 are further yet!

I hope all is well with the hatchling I have to feed the mousie and get to bed I work early in the morning but I will let you know if she is alright when I get back from the cows.

Mandy

Gabe
11-26-2006, 07:56 AM
I know I told you not to help them out of the shell, however, they may be in distress because the eggs have been turned too close to hatching. If the one has stopped moving, put it to your ear and see if you hear anything. You may have under the circumstances give it a little help. Be very careful, their "egg sac", is the last thing absorbed before hatching, this is their food source for their first 24 hours. It may still be hanging outside of their abdomen, in which case, they could die if taken out of the egg and exposed to air. Am I making any sense. It is so much easier to visualize than to explain.

NaturesGift
11-26-2006, 10:02 AM
TY Gabe it is to late however.
I was so tempted last night to help but you had warned not to so I left her be she got her face and a foot out then passed. I think it was way to long of a hatch it took 24 hours beforeshe had a big enough whole for her head. the crack was 1/2 way around the egg. its weird the first chick hatched within an hour of her first crack. this chicks first crack appeared 1:00 am on friday night. and she was still chippin away last night. I think sheoverdid herself.

however Joy does come in the morning. When I awoke to check her this morning I found her dead but I found another chick cracking away I went to work sad and praying for the new chick to be ok and came home just now and I have another chick! she is all fluffy already so she hatched an hour to 2hours ago.

I hope my turning didnt kil the other chick.I did not think they were this far along. :shakehead :shakehead

mandie

Somebody's Mother
11-26-2006, 10:10 AM
you are doing a wonderful job mandie. you have your hands full and your feet full and your house full too. sorry to hear about number 2 egg. but if you had left them where you found them none of them would have made it.

Gabe
11-26-2006, 10:33 AM
Somebody's Mother is right, the best we can hope to do is to give them a second chance. You're doing great, you had no idea how far along the eggs were. Keep us posted, I don't need to say that, I'm sure you will. :)

NaturesGift
11-26-2006, 11:13 AM
Thank you both:) you have no Idea how much that helped me.
#3 chick is doing good she as active as ever. here is what she looks like
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c35/canadian_Mandy/newbabychick2.jpg

Im going to take some pics of the older ones for you.

NaturesGift
11-26-2006, 11:50 AM
here are two older pigeons.
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c35/canadian_Mandy/whitepgeon.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c35/canadian_Mandy/whitepig2.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c35/canadian_Mandy/bepig.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c35/canadian_Mandy/bluepig2.jpg

enjoy! I will take some of the other two older ones (the one with the crooked beak and the one that is half eaten) and I will take pics of the three younger ones to!

mandie

NaturesGift
11-26-2006, 12:30 PM
here is what the young ones look like though the camera stinks!
It almost looks creepy!
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c35/canadian_Mandy/youngpig1.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c35/canadian_Mandy/youngpig11.jpg

Gabe
11-26-2006, 02:32 PM
Young pigeons do look creepy anyway, they look almost prehistoric. When I get phone calls that someone has found a baby hawk, and it's not hawk breeding season, I just ask, does it have a bump on it's beak? Then it is a pigeon.

Somebody's Mother
11-26-2006, 02:33 PM
what big eyes they have!!

NaturesGift
11-26-2006, 02:47 PM
lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NaturesGift
11-28-2006, 11:05 AM
hey GAbe asked me to update I was meaning to but its been hectic here. and sorta tradgic. No knw eggs have hatched and I am worried I should still be turning. The first hatchling is doing great or in my opinion which since these are my first hatchlings so I dont know for sure. nobody I have talked to have ever had to hatch them b4. I thought the third hatchling that hatched on sunday was doing exelent it pooped and I gave her her first food yesterday and named her Simcha (it means Joy) and she was doing great this morning when I woke up but she had passed when I came home... I have no clue why... but I have been doing alot of research into the egg hatching area though there isnt a lot on pigeon eggs .. but I found that the sanitization of the hatching area has alot to do with the amount of babies that make it. Though my bator is clean the Silo was not. There nests were rotting corn and dead pigeons. it stunk down there. I dont think the babies ever made it out .. I think they hatched were fed and weaned but never learned to fly and get their own food so thay starved. Its a huge mass of dead birds down there. and that wasnt a very clean place for them and it said bacteria could go into the egg and make them weak or not hatch. So now my hopes are low:shakehead

also one the older pigeons the ones that were less feathered than the older ones died this morning to:shakehead her name was Havala (it means lil bird) when I went to feed her last feed b4 bed her crop was still full. and she was aweful quiet so I looked it up and its called crop slow down. and it said to either mix her feed 1/2 in 1/2 with infant apple sauce or water i own so I did what it said and she looked perky this morning and ev pecked at my chin and squeeked a few times .. When I came home she was gone to :sad
I feel so bad lik eif I had only been here I could have stoped it.

and I am really worried about the bacteria thing b/c it has a high mortality rate and you cannot was the eggs off because it will cause more poison to seep in. I am ready to bawl!

Keep my pigeons in your thoughts

mandy

rippie-n-lilgirlsmom
11-28-2006, 11:15 AM
Oh I am sorry, dont give up. I will be thinking of you. Your doing your best and thats all we really can do.:grouphug

Gabe
11-28-2006, 12:07 PM
If you are seeing a full crop and no movement it is called sour crop. When that happens, everything needs to be expelled from the crop, probiotics and gatorade added to the empty crop and things will start to move again. When they have sour crop, their poops are usually dry and green, watch for that. I will give more details if you need it later. Hopefully, it won't happen again.
Watch their weight, if you don't have a gram scale, you can use a piece of Christmas ribbon, wrap it around their middle, in front of their legs and mark where it meets with a pen or marker. Do this everyday in the same area. This distance should grow daily. Watch him closely, as we are not sure he is getting enough enzymes from the other pigeons saliva to digest properly, so measuring his middle everyday will be an indication as to whether or not he is thriving.
What color is the poop from the older pigeons? Green is a sign of starvation or infection.

I haven't wanted to say this, because you were so excited, but what you are doing is extremely difficult, even for the best rehabbers. I do not accept unhatched eggs, as it is time consuming and usually futile. So, think of your first one as a Christmas Miracle, what you've done with it is remarkable.

NaturesGift
11-28-2006, 12:48 PM
When I first got them they had watery green poop but now its a thicker white and brown. both new babies have/had green poop! What do I do!!!!!!I dont want to loose the older chick!

Buddy'sMom
11-28-2006, 01:59 PM
Will have to let Gabe, etc. give you technical advice, but I wanted you to know you have others reading and cheering you on from the sidelines. You're doing great -- and giving these babies a chance where they had none before. :thumbsup It's a wonderful thing that you're doing, to give so much of yourself and your time.

NaturesGift
11-28-2006, 07:37 PM
everyone please pray for the youngest pigeon he has sour crop and is fighting for his life.

rippie-n-lilgirlsmom
11-28-2006, 07:52 PM
I am sorry for the little fellow, I will keep him & you in my prayers.

NaturesGift
11-28-2006, 08:16 PM
Gabe I managed to tube her and get some fluid out .. though it was a lil red so I am worried .ty for all the support.

Somebody's Mother
11-28-2006, 08:32 PM
you and all your little ones are in my prayers!! been thinking bout you guys.

GhosTS
11-28-2006, 09:15 PM
I hope everything will be all right.You are doing a good job NG.You are in my prayers.:grouphug

Squerly
11-28-2006, 10:08 PM
Mine too. Your doing a good job but keep in mind that it's a really tuff road to get these guys from hatchlings to birds.

Gabe
11-29-2006, 06:50 AM
Mine too. Your doing a good job but keep in mind that it's a really tuff road to get these guys from hatchlings to birds.

Squerly, you're so right. Newborn nestlings are almost impossible without those much needed enzymes to help them to digest. That is the problem that Naturesgift is encountering now. She is working really hard to get that digestive tract stimulated. For you rehabbers that have gotten newborn bunnies, this is the same sort of problem. Newborn mammals need their colostrum, but usually can survive without it, it's not that simple with birds. NaturesGift is trying so hard to get this little guy jumpstarted, it is such a heartbreaking time for her right now.

Somebody's Mother
11-29-2006, 06:58 AM
do the birds need grit in their diet? i don't mean grits!!

NaturesGift
11-29-2006, 11:26 AM
ty for all your prayers. I lost her early this morning. ty so much Gabe for being on call for me..it meant alot that I could call (even though it was almost every hour) so you could walk me through what needed to be done.:) I am so tired it has been along night it ended around 4:30 when I finally went to a dead sleep after I cried over the loss of the lil birds life. It really meant alot to have you all prayin for and thinkin of me.

mandie

in all this loss I have learned alot that would e helped had I just known earlier.

rippie-n-lilgirlsmom
11-29-2006, 11:47 AM
I am sorry Mandie, you gave them your all. :grouphug

NaturesGift
11-29-2006, 12:21 PM
ty rippie some good news now!
another one is hatching!

Gabe
11-29-2006, 12:38 PM
NaturesGift, I'm so sorry she died. The next ones may have problems digesting also, unfortunately, I think that will be a hard thing to remedy. But, you can't not try. I'll be thinking of you, as this one hatches.

Somebody's Mother, I did post that NaturesGift use bird gravel for the older birds, it is a good reminder. The young ones don't need it until they are getting seeds.

NaturesGift
11-29-2006, 12:47 PM
ok I take it back there are two hatching!!!!

Momma Squirrel
11-29-2006, 01:16 PM
Naturesgift, so sorry for your lost. It takes a very special kind of person to do what you are doing, we and the animals are very thankful to have you in our lives. Keep helping those new hatchers and I wish the best of luck and my thoughts are with you. I know if love and care could save those little guys you would be over flowing with more than you could feed. Keep us posted and stay strong, they need you. :Love_Icon

NaturesGift
11-30-2006, 12:00 PM
srry I didnt update sooned I am under severe weather. We had two tornados last night Thank goodness nothing is damaged. (last time My Hope was killed and are barn was ripped away) It has rained all night and now it is freezing and I may loose power and we are suppose to be burried in snow... Mo weather is weird yesterday it was hot n sunny!

now for he good news We have a new baby! and the other egg is in progress and I wil be her to update progress and post pics and Videos (I got my camera back!)

here is the new chick notice its still wet!
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c35/canadian_Mandy/babypigeonshatch001.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c35/canadian_Mandy/babypigeonshatch002.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c35/canadian_Mandy/babypigeonshatch004.jpg

here is a movie of her!
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c35/canadian_Mandy/th_babypigeonshatch007.jpg (http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c35/canadian_Mandy/?action=view&current=babypigeonshatch007.flv)

and here is the progress of the other egg!
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c35/canadian_Mandy/th_babypigeonshatch005.jpg (http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c35/canadian_Mandy/?action=view&current=babypigeonshatch005.flv)
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c35/canadian_Mandy/th_babypigeonshatch006.jpg (http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c35/canadian_Mandy/?action=view&current=babypigeonshatch006.flv)
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c35/canadian_Mandy/th_babypigeonshatch008.jpg (http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c35/canadian_Mandy/?action=view&current=babypigeonshatch008.flv)
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c35/canadian_Mandy/th_babypigeonshatch009.jpg (http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c35/canadian_Mandy/?action=view&current=babypigeonshatch009.flv)

Momma Squirrel
11-30-2006, 01:04 PM
Oh what a little miracle. You are doing a super job :thumbsup Keep the updates coming. Great to see babies as long as it isn't me giving birth :D

Gabe
12-02-2006, 03:38 PM
NG have not heard from you since your last post. How is everything?

rippie-n-lilgirlsmom
12-02-2006, 03:55 PM
Those pictures were great.

GhosTS
12-03-2006, 06:45 AM
Great pics NG.:thankyou for sharing.

NaturesGift
12-05-2006, 09:03 PM
oh GABE! I am so sorry I havet been able to post I have been dreadfuly busy abd depressed. I found some ppl who hatch pigeons and they know all the basics and they said you (gabe) have me doing all the right stuff there is nothing more I can do . They id the bacteria is what is killing them and it is almost a lost cause though they are all still hopeful. out f my 17 eggs here is what happened day 1 one broke when we tried to remove them from the silo. 3 were rotten in the shell and broke during the incubation. (very smelly) 2 were infertile and the rest have hatched but one (I am still waiting) though I now have 3 chicks left two 2 day old and 1 one day old. My hopes are all being crushed chick by chick. They said I am doing everything I possibly can . they were amazed that I was doing everything right b4 I talked to them (thanks to gabe) They said there is a problem all over USA with chicks (pigeons) they are dieing 2-3 days after they hatch b/c of the bacteria that obsorbs through their egg shell and into their yolk sac. They said all I can do is try. I am doing the best I can but it makes me feel horrible when I loose one I feel like they would have been better of were they were. please pray for my last 3 chick and egg. I really cannot emotionally afford to loose them.

Mandie

Gabe
12-06-2006, 06:51 AM
Mandie, I feel so sad for you. I'm glad you got a second opinion as I was doubting myself. I will certainly pray for you. When mammals get colostrum, they also receive antibodies from it. I would continue to transfer saliva from the oldest, healthiest bird. Could you put them on antibiotics starting with their first feeding? I have given you doses, pm me if you need them again.

Momma Squirrel
12-06-2006, 07:00 AM
Mandie you are such a special person to give of your time and continued efforts to help out these little guys. I wish you the best of success and hope and pray that there are no more sad endings.

Gabe thank you also for being there and having the correct info, not to mention the moral support that you have given.

That's what this board is all about, it is such a sweet sorrow in some situations but at least we aren't alone, we all have each other.

NaturesGift
12-06-2006, 10:18 AM
In most cases you cannot give antibiodics b/c their bones are not developed .but becuase of this weird sickness they are geting me some name of some antbodis th wil give a minimal damage. here is what they are saying to me .

"Could be. There are things that they can get through what's called "vertical transmission" (sick from the egg) and Salmonella is one of them. Dying in the egg or very soon upon hatching is a sign of that kind of thing. We don't see that very often but this is one circumstance where it might be expected given your description of the living conditions prior to the rescue."

but even if I do get the name of the med I have to order it online and wait for it to arrive and it will most likely be to late:shakehead

Thank you both for your words of comfert. HEy Gabe if they were noirmal and healthy we would have had a 100% survival rate lol they were really impresses by the directions you gave me.

NaturesGift
12-07-2006, 08:58 PM
They all hatched but slowly one by one they did do to bacteria. '
thou I promised you I would post the movies I made. they are 15 sec clips of the hatching of one of the pigeon eggs. I will post them in order from start to finished. just click them in the order they are posted.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c35/canadian_Mandy/th_babypigeonshatch2009.jpg (http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c35/canadian_Mandy/?action=view&current=babypigeonshatch2009.flv)

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c35/canadian_Mandy/th_babypigeonshatch2010.jpg (http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c35/canadian_Mandy/?action=view&current=babypigeonshatch2010.flv)

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c35/canadian_Mandy/th_babypigeonshatch2011.jpg (http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c35/canadian_Mandy/?action=view&current=babypigeonshatch2011.flv)

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c35/canadian_Mandy/th_babypigeonshatch2012.jpg (http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c35/canadian_Mandy/?action=view&current=babypigeonshatch2012.flv)

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c35/canadian_Mandy/th_babypigeonshatch2013.jpg (http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c35/canadian_Mandy/?action=view&current=babypigeonshatch2013.flv)

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c35/canadian_Mandy/th_babypigeonshatch2014.jpg (http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c35/canadian_Mandy/?action=view&current=babypigeonshatch2014.flv)

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c35/canadian_Mandy/th_babypigeonshatch2015.jpg (http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c35/canadian_Mandy/?action=view&current=babypigeonshatch2015.flv)

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c35/canadian_Mandy/th_babypigeonshatch2016.jpg (http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c35/canadian_Mandy/?action=view&current=babypigeonshatch2016.flv)

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c35/canadian_Mandy/th_babypigeonshatch2017.jpg (http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c35/canadian_Mandy/?action=view&current=babypigeonshatch2017.flv)

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c35/canadian_Mandy/th_babypigeonshatch2018.jpg (http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c35/canadian_Mandy/?action=view&current=babypigeonshatch2018.flv)

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c35/canadian_Mandy/th_babypigeonshatch2019.jpg (http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c35/canadian_Mandy/?action=view&current=babypigeonshatch2019.flv)

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c35/canadian_Mandy/th_babypigeonshatch2020.jpg (http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c35/canadian_Mandy/?action=view&current=babypigeonshatch2020.flv)

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c35/canadian_Mandy/th_babypigeonshatch2021.jpg (http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c35/canadian_Mandy/?action=view&current=babypigeonshatch2021.flv)

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c35/canadian_Mandy/th_babypigeonshatch2022.jpg (http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c35/canadian_Mandy/?action=view&current=babypigeonshatch2022.flv)

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c35/canadian_Mandy/th_babypigeonshatch2023.jpg (http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c35/canadian_Mandy/?action=view&current=babypigeonshatch2023.flv)

let me know if they dont work ... it wasnt working for me a few min ago on my photobucket but they did on my media player and if you cant get them to play I will try to attach them or something.

Mandie

Somebody's Mother
12-07-2006, 09:54 PM
Mandie
please don't worry about reposting them. i didn't check them all but i believe you have been through enough. i am so sorry for your losses. you did everything humanly possible for the little ones.
thank you Mandie and God Bless You!

NaturesGift
12-08-2006, 02:48 PM
No its really ok somebodys mother... It was a truly wonderful experience. in all its horribleness I did learn something. I wouldnt be able to say this yesterday when I lost my last chick b/c all I saw was my failure. but today is a new day. for the first time in two weeks I got a full night sleep.(which really helps me see clearly) I know I cannot always succeed but I can give it my all. and right now I have to keep my atention focused on Dale (my squirrel) lil Mo (baby mouse) and the five remaining older pigeons. plus all my pets lol!
as it stands now I am not yet through with baby pigeons. I have another full silo but this time I bargained with the farmer and he will let them hatch them out and raise them for two weeks then I will rescue them . and hopefully the pigeons will find a better place to lay eggs next time.

I am guessing they dont work so I will try to reupload or attach them so you can see what I saw...:)

Mandie

Gabe
12-08-2006, 03:19 PM
NaturesGift, so sorry to hear your news. Do you know that pigeons need to orient to the night sky after leaving their nest? This is so they can find their way back home. If you get older birds and you want them to stay by your house they will have to be able to see the night sky. I don't have pigeons in my yard, so when I am ready to release a pigeon, I send it to another rehabbers house and she keeps it for a few weeks. Otherwise, it would "home" it's way back to me.

Momma Squirrel
12-08-2006, 03:54 PM
NaturesGift you are truly an Angel in human form. We can all learn alot from your experience and dedication :thankyou

Keeping our fingers crossed and thoughts that the next batch do well. :grouphug

skwerls_R_soft
12-08-2006, 05:23 PM
Momma Squirrel is right! I am sure there were alot of TSB members who never posted on this topic (like me!) but who have been following your story and rooting for you and the little ones from the sidelines. You (and Gabe too!)went WAYYY above and beyond the call of duty for the little pigeons. God bless people with big hearts and sharp minds like yourselves.

GhosTS
12-08-2006, 07:06 PM
So sorry for your losses NG, you did all you could.:thankyou for trying real hard.I think this is very informative for everyone.:grouphug :grouphug