PDA

View Full Version : Howdy!

ChippersMom
12-27-2010, 02:52 PM
I came back from a business trip right before labor day to a baby grey squirrel my husband and step-sons saved. At first, I wanted to take him to a rehabber, but my step-sons had been going through a tough time (some depression) and my husband wanted to try and keep him. Now Chipper is a beloved family member who is living in a deluxe ferret cage. We let him out to run around the house for a couple hours each day.

He even comes and "grooms" my husband and I. He is so cute and so smart!

Chipper's Mom (aka Jenn)

stosh2010
12-27-2010, 03:10 PM
Welcome to TSB....So Glad you are a member...
Please post some photos---
What is Chipper's diet consist of ? We have GREAT nutritional links and info on TSB. be sure to take advantage of this. and recipes for Healthy Squirrel Snacks...
My little Rama Rota eats mostly fruits & veges...he's a Costa Rican, Variegated, Tri Color, tree squirrel...and thinks he's the King.
---Merry Christmas....
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Stosh >>> Keeper of the KING ( of Costa Rica )

Chickenlegs
12-27-2010, 06:08 PM
...and thinks he's the King.

HA! THINKS he's the King. He IS the King!!!!!!!! WELCOME! Glad you're here!

Milo's Mom
12-27-2010, 06:14 PM
Welcome to TSB Chippers Mom!:Welcome
WE at TSB love pics!! Got any? :poke :D
Isn't squirrel love grand!

JLM27
12-27-2010, 06:48 PM
Yeah, they are hard to keep healthy for a long time because of MBD danger. Being able to look into his diet is one of the great advantages of finding TSB. The rehabbers on here have all the low down on squirrel nutrition.

Pics! We want to see your gorgeous boy! You are so lucky to have a Little One in your life.

Anne
12-27-2010, 07:07 PM
:Welcome :Welcome So happy you found us here at TSB :D
We are a family here, and pictures will be demanded until posted:jump

ChippersMom
12-28-2010, 01:22 PM
I'm trying to email myself pics from my phone... once that works, I'll post a couple.

We feed Chipper a pretty wide diet.... nuts (pecans, english walnuts, almonds), rodent block, fruits (apple pieces, cranberries, blueberries, grapes), vegetables (fresh green beans, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, fresh spinach), and occassionally he's even had meal worms... (we have a gecko, too.)

To get through the baby times, he had a lot of ebsilac and drove around with my husband in his car for work. He liked to ride in my husband's pocket and we made a "nest" for him out of a towel and used warming packets to keep him warm.

ChippersMom
12-28-2010, 03:04 PM
Here's a bunch of baby chipper and adolescent chipper pics....

I love my little guy!!!:jump

lilidukes
12-28-2010, 04:04 PM
What a handsome boy your Chipper is!:multi Love the pocket pic.

Great job Jenn, Dad and sons:alright.gif :alright.gif :alright.gif

:Welcome To TSB.

Chickenlegs
12-28-2010, 05:08 PM
Oh look at your darling! :Love_Icon :Love_Icon :Love_Icon :Love_Icon

Scooterzmom
12-28-2010, 05:57 PM
What a cutie pie! He certainly doesn't seem to complain :)

Brings back memories... My very 1st rescued kid was named Chipper. I had him only a little more than 2 weeks (injured myself badly and was unable to take care of him), brought him to a rehabber who finished raising him and released him. I'll show you a pic of him if you post more pics of yours ;) :D