PDA

View Full Version : Wheat berries??

rockybaby
12-26-2010, 08:25 AM
While at Whole Foods, I found red and white Wheat Berries. Wondering if this is something that is safe/good to feed my 5.5 month old Rocky (gray sq). Also, what to do when he seems to lose interest in eating for a day or two - then picks up again like "normal" - is this okay??

mugzeezma
12-26-2010, 09:28 AM
While at Whole Foods, I found red and white Wheat Berries. Wondering if this is something that is safe/good to feed my 5.5 month old Rocky (gray sq). Also, what to do when he seems to lose interest in eating for a day or two - then picks up again like "normal" - is this okay??

I think that's pretty typical. He probably isn't hungry.
As far as wheat berries are concerned i don't see why you couldn't feed them. They are the entire grain which is healthier than the stripped and processed stuff. If you are going to whole foods check out whole oats or Quinoa.

I actually need to make a trip over there to see what they have. I want to put together an off the shelf diet.

side note:
Whole Foods donates supplies to Willowbrook Wildlife Center. The fresh produce they feed the wilds in rehab is better than what I feed my kids!!! I'm envious :tilt

rockybaby
12-26-2010, 02:52 PM
Thanks.....I'll definitely look up your suggestions too. I LOVE Whole Foods produce, it lasts much longer than the stuff I get at the grocery store. It is more expensive, but lasts longer for my little guy. So glad to hear that they donate to the Wildlife Center.