PDA

View Full Version : monkey biscuits?

fire-eyez
12-21-2010, 11:42 PM
hey everyone i was just wondering if i is ok to give my grey money biscuits....:thankyou

Rhapsody
12-21-2010, 11:50 PM
There are some people that have and do give these to their squirrels - they are ok as a treat..... many sugar glider owners give them to their gliders.

fire-eyez
12-21-2010, 11:54 PM
i have suggies and rarely give them thats why i was wondering thank you

Rhapsody
12-21-2010, 11:59 PM
You are welcome..... I use to own suggies as well and mine rarely ate monkey biscuits too - lol.

island rehabber
12-22-2010, 07:17 AM
I give them to my baby greys as a first solid food, and they usually love them. Later on, at 8-9 wks old they tend to prefer the HHB's to the monkey biscuits, but I would give them a try and see if your little guy likes them. I keep mine in the fridge -- for some reason I think the fuzzers prefer them cold. I also cut them in half. :)

atlantasquirrelgirl
12-22-2010, 12:39 PM
I soak mine in formula during the weening process, and offer that as a formula substitute. I also have a recipe for cookies made from MB.

fire-eyez
12-22-2010, 02:00 PM
he loves them !!! thats why i was wondering because I didn't want to give it to him if it wasn't good for him ....he LOVES hhb as well i give hime three in the morning and he gobbles them up then like twice or three times a week in the afternoon or night i give him a monkey biscuit....he is a good eater on hhb and he loves his veggies but he doesn't seem to like any FRESH fruit...i tried giving him strawberries, cantulope, berries, .....is that ok? he likes dry fruit instead ....

CritterMom
12-22-2010, 02:25 PM
Go easy on the HHBs. They are intended to be fed at the rate of 2 per day if I remember correctly, and are pretty turbocharged in the nutrient department because of it. I would cut down the HHBs and use the monkey biscuits to take up the slack.

fire-eyez
12-22-2010, 02:27 PM
ok thanks i will i thought I read on the chart you can give them two in morning and if they are still hungry you can give them another...?... but i will definetly cut back then thanks.....what is your opinion on dry fruit?

CritterMom
12-22-2010, 02:30 PM
Well... There are problems with it. First, it is quite high in sugar. Second, many of them are kind of sticky and they can pose quite a choking hazard. The majority of dried fruit have sulfur added to them to preserve the color of the fruit, too. I don't feed dried fruit to my squirrel.

Try different dark green, leafy veggies like kale and mustard greens - more nutritious that fruit!

fire-eyez
12-22-2010, 02:46 PM
no no he eats ALL his veggies just not really FRESH fruit

CritterMom
12-22-2010, 02:50 PM
Oh, what a good boy! Fruit is mostly sugar and water so if he is eating veggies, you have it made. My guy isn't wild about fruit either, with one exception - he LOVES blueberries.

fire-eyez
12-22-2010, 02:56 PM
Oh, what a good boy! Fruit is mostly sugar and water so if he is eating veggies, you have it made. My guy isn't wild about fruit either, with one exception - he LOVES blueberries.

lol ok good im glad he is a good boy i was a little worried about him not eating any friut well i guess i there is still other fruit i have yet to try with him so maybe i will find his exception to lol:D