PDA

View Full Version : Please read/answer survey for my son's science project!

Caglemedic
12-05-2010, 06:55 PM
The following is a survey concerning bot flies. you can list your answers below, private message me, or emain at heathertedrick@hotmail.com.

Please help and answer the survey so he can keep up his good grades!
The following survey is for Christian Zegel, a 9th grader at Francis Marion Military Academy in Ocala, Fl. He is doing a science project on “How the increased precipitation, increases the amount of bot flies”. You do not need a license, but is important for you to see numerous squirrels or other animals with bot flies. You may foward this survey to anyone you know that deals with wildlife or farm animals or domesticated animals. If you need any further information, please email me at heathertedrick@hotmail.com. Thank you.

1. During the past year, did you see an increase in rain, sleet, snow as compared to last year?
2. Did you see an increase in the past year of bot flies or complications to bot flies compared to last year?
3. During the past 10 years, did you see an increase in bot flies or a decrease in bot flies when you had more precipitation?
4. Please list the years in the past that you have seen an increase in bot flies.
5. Please list the years that you did not see bot flies or complications from bot flies.
6. Where are you located?
7. What animals did you see with complications from bot flies?
8. Do you know of any remedies or treatments that have reduced bot flies?
9. Would you like to be contacted for further questions? What email can you be contacted at?

mugzeezma
12-05-2010, 08:51 PM
The following is a survey concerning bot flies. you can list your answers below, private message me, or emain at heathertedrick@hotmail.com.

Please help and answer the survey so he can keep up his good grades!
The following survey is for Christian Zegel, a 9th grader at Francis Marion Military Academy in Ocala, Fl. He is doing a science project on “How the increased precipitation, increases the amount of bot flies”. You do not need a license, but is important for you to see numerous squirrels or other animals with bot flies. You may foward this survey to anyone you know that deals with wildlife or farm animals or domesticated animals. If you need any further information, please email me at heathertedrick@hotmail.com. Thank you.

1. During the past year, did you see an increase in rain, sleet, snow as compared to last year?
2. Did you see an increase in the past year of bot flies or complications to bot flies compared to last year?
3. During the past 10 years, did you see an increase in bot flies or a decrease in bot flies when you had more precipitation?
4. Please list the years in the past that you have seen an increase in bot flies.
5. Please list the years that you did not see bot flies or complications from bot flies.
6. Where are you located?
7. What animals did you see with complications from bot flies?
8. Do you know of any remedies or treatments that have reduced bot flies?
9. Would you like to be contacted for further questions? What email can you be contacted at?

No bots here that I've ever seen so

BUMP...

astra
12-06-2010, 09:34 AM
I am in Toronto area... don't think I've seen botflies (knock on wood) here...
a couple of times I saw some sores that looked like pox to me (but I've only seen pox in pictures, so it's just my guess).
Tons of mange here, though.

Hannah
12-06-2010, 10:50 AM
Caglemedic,

This is an interesting survey.

For what it's worth, I've never seen bot fly on any of the squirrels or rabbits in South Dakota. From what I've read, the squirrel Bot fly (Cuterebra emasculator) is confined to the southeast -- your area and surrounding states. Other bot flies effecting other species such as rats and mice occur farther north, but I've never seen any.

Good luck!