PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone...I'm NEW..

WILLIAM&LEELEE'SMAMA
12-04-2010, 12:29 AM
Hi Everyone....i'm Sally. I have 2 grey squirrels that are the MOST AWESOME critters. William and Lee Lee are 2 years and 4 months old. William bonded with my daughter and Lee Lee and me fell in love...lol... I love any and all critters big and small, BUT the love that comes with these guys are truely amazing. I look forward to making tons of new squirrel parent friends here.....

lilidukes
12-04-2010, 01:05 AM
:Welcome :Welcome Sally, William and Lee Lee great to have you with us.

But :osnap no pictures. I'll be looking forward to seeing some soon:poke

Skul
12-04-2010, 04:22 AM
We all try to abrievate members names.
Yours, defies description.:rotfl

I spelled that wrong, didn't I?

Rats!

Anyway, just put up with us for a bit.
We ain't that bad.:shakehead

Till later, then you wonder what the beegeebees you got into:rotfl

WILLIAM&LEELEE'SMAMA
12-04-2010, 04:26 AM
Sorry!!! Here are a few pics.....hope u enjoy....the first is william and the second is lee lee in a box...lol:wave123

Jackie in Tampa
12-04-2010, 04:41 AM
:Welcome :wave123
ignore skul...he's sorta like a dust bunny...he's everywhere and unavoidable...but we love him ...but that is a users big name:rotfl

We love history...we need history...we want history!
Tell us more about your two monkeys....how did they find you?
What do they eat, do they have a cage..you know...some background please!

:poke at least I didn't have to ask for some pics, but I will ask for some more!
You're gonna love TSB!:wave123

island rehabber
12-04-2010, 06:16 AM
Welcome to TSB, W&LLM!!
I am the worst person with details so I abbreviate everybody -- now you sound like a multinational corporation :rotfl

There is so much great info on this board to keep your two sweeties happy and HEALTHY and with you for a long long time. Also lots of fun stuff and even some non-squirrel stuff, if you can believe that.

:Welcome:Welcome:Welcome:Welcome

SquirrelsinSingapore
12-04-2010, 11:11 AM
hello William n lee lee
tell us more about your 2 squirrels!
so glad u found us!

mugzeezma
12-04-2010, 01:19 PM
:Welcome :Welcome :Welcome

Welcome to the family Sally
Like any family we argue but for the most part care about each other

...and don't ignore Skul...he's like a little kid...he just gets LOUDER!!!

Rhapsody
12-04-2010, 02:03 PM
WELCOME to TSB - :wave123 :wave123

JakesLittlePrincess
12-04-2010, 04:29 PM
:Welcome :Welcome :Welcome
Hi, good to meet you and your little ones!!!! Big warm welcome!!
mjs

WILLIAM&LEELEE'SMAMA
12-04-2010, 05:24 PM
:thankyou for all the warm and fuzzy welcomes!!!! I've been on this site 100's of times and found tons of great info. i spent hours last night admiring TONS AND TONS of BEAUTIFUL babies....I an so glad to know that so many other people like myself find SQUIRREL LOVE to be the most AWESOME blessing in the world.:squirrel1 ......thanks again everyone!!!

WILLIAM&LEELEE'SMAMA
12-07-2010, 02:25 AM
:thankyou :thankyou
Now that I am not so stressed out over that hole in my Lee Lee's side I will take a few to tell ya'll how I got my baby boy's. Aug 6, 2008 i got a phone call from my dad around lunchtime, he was frantic and didnt know what to do. He was helping a man cut down some trees and had noticed a squirrel nest and asked the man if it was a new nest. Of course the man replied nope...it's old.....:liar ...so my dad continues to cut this tree down....cut limbs...etc....after removing some of the brush my dad saw these tiny lil pink things rolling down a hill. After investigating the situation= 4 babies=1 dead female and 3 lil boys. Growing up my dad called me Ellie Mae (NO RESEMBLENCE HAHAHA) because i was always dragging some critter home or feeding any and all strays that i could find. So of course he called ME...i tried calling vets....NO HELP...my only thought was I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH A BABY SQUIRREL :thinking ....i told him i would research a lil bit and if they were still alive when i was done i would come...told him to give the mama a chance to reclaim them...she never came back. After researching the dos/donts of a baby i got there and they were icsicles but still breathing...my normal body temp is 99.5 so i popped them in my bra and ran off to get heating pad and esbilac and syringes etc...etc... The only esbilac in town was liquid...had no choice but use it after i rehydrated and on day 3 i lost 4 Scratches...we had 2 left and had finally located powder and cream... We named the 3 boys for their wounds...4 scratches had 4 scratches on his head...bruise Lee's rear end was blue from bruising...and 1 hole had 1 hole in his head. I told my daughter we werent giving real names because I really didnt know if they would make it (they still had umbilical cords attached and about the length of my pinky) when we got them. Two years and 4 months later....We have William (1 hole) and LeeLee (bruise lee-the runt). :thumbsup They originally were going to be released....WHO KEEPS SQUIRRELS FOR PETS....:rofl4 ...Lee Lee has permanant butt problems :poop from the fall and William (named after my father) became way to acclimated to the dogs and people.....AND my daughter (william's love) and I (Lee Lee's love) became :owned......SQUIRRELS+US=:squirrel1 :love :thumbsup ....
After 2 years and 4 months....I could type ALL NIGHT.........:ohthedrama

island rehabber
12-07-2010, 07:51 AM
You are sooooooooo one of us, y'know? :poke:D

Now your biggest responsibility is to make sure those boys remain healthy and happy through a good diet and lots of exercise. The #1 issue with pet (or long-term rehab) squirrels is nutrition, because they develop MBD if their calcium/phosphorous ratio is not correct. And of course, they LOVE all the high-phosphorous things like nuts, corn and sunflower seeds....and they often don't want their high-calcium leafy greens and rodent block. :shakeheadSO it's a challenge, You're doing great so far! :bowdown

SquirrelsinSingapore
12-15-2010, 10:28 AM
Awww i love stories..

keep us updated!