PDA

View Full Version : Fleas?

DubShack
11-20-2006, 10:06 AM
This morning I had all five of my squirrels in my yard, and (beyond their usual chasing each other up and around the tree) one of them kept rubbing it's head along the ground and then doing this crazy summersault. It's not March or July so I'm guessing it's fleas or something.

Is there really anything I can do? I don't have a livetrap, and I've got five who come regularly to the yard and it would be hard as hell just to capture that one without getting the others. They're all perfectly wild, I'd hate to change that dynamic. Plus it's Washington and trapping one would be illegal, and with the case of Eastern Grays any ailment pretty much equates to mandatory euthanasia.

Mrs. Jack
11-20-2006, 10:23 AM
They do that. I think it just feels good. Mine love to flip and roll around in my bark. It's getting way too cold to really even have to worry about fleas. :)

rippie-n-lilgirlsmom
11-20-2006, 10:28 AM
Yep, its just playing Rippie Boy used to do back flips when my husband would call out "back flip" and he'd go around & around.
Of course thats when they were in their cage.
Baby girls would get so discusted with her brothers antic's.
Don't squirrels give us wonderful memories?

DubShack
11-20-2006, 12:19 PM
Oh good... That makes me feel better. Yeah it was kind of wet outside too, they usually do flips to get dry but not quite to this level. This guy was jumping a good four feet in the air and doing some pretty amazing maneuvering. It was the rubbing and rolling around on the ground that had me stumped. Plus the girl next door had a cat that had fleas this summer. But if its too late in the season, I can chalk it up to plain cuteness. :)