PDA

View Full Version : Can flyers eat cooked turkey liver?

lizharrell1
11-25-2010, 06:06 PM
I boiled the giblets today, and forgot to put them in the gravy. Does anyone know if flyers can or WOULD eat the cooked liver?
I DID give them some turkey and a smidge of cranberry sauce which they went BANANAS over........

mugzeezma
11-25-2010, 06:16 PM
I boiled the giblets today, and forgot to put them in the gravy. Does anyone know if flyers can or WOULD eat the cooked liver?
I DID give them some turkey and a smidge of cranberry sauce which they went BANANAS over........

liver is high in retinol, vit A it can also hold heavy metals. given that this is probably from a farm raised animal it's probably ok.

lizharrell1
11-25-2010, 06:37 PM
Now I don't know if I should or not.....heavy metals? I guess they are sticking with the turkey and cranberry sauce, and green beans and pumpkin pie (okay, I am just kidding about the pumpkin pie:D )
But Jack DID steal a Reese's Whopper and he's not giving it up for ANYTHING!!!!!!!

mugzeezma
11-25-2010, 08:08 PM
Now I don't know if I should or not.....heavy metals? I guess they are sticking with the turkey and cranberry sauce, and green beans and pumpkin pie (okay, I am just kidding about the pumpkin pie:D )
But Jack DID steal a Reese's Whopper and he's not giving it up for ANYTHING!!!!!!!
Honestly I don't think a tiny bit of liver would hurt them. how long has that turkey been around? 6-10mts? highly doubt it
then again too much might cause them to glow in the dark or sprout an extra eyeball or leg but then that's kinda cute on a flyer:D

Oh, he'll share that malted milk ball....after he's nibbled all the chocolate off of the outside and peed on it!

wait a minute ...Reeses? nope....you may lose an arm