PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm Nancy

2ndHandRanchRescue
11-24-2010, 10:44 PM
I'm new to forums and posts but not to squirrels. I'm a licensed DNR Wildlife Rehabber in Illinois with a great relationship with our County and Village Animal Control (they are so awesome they bring me injured squirrels) and local vets that are super wildlife friendly. Visit me at www.2ndhandranch.com and look forward to 'chatting' with fellow squirrel lovers. Add me to your rehabber list in Illinois.
I actually have 2 non releaseables from car strikes. A boy that is so old he has no top teeth but the sweetie (even though born wild) lets me trim weekly. TTYS Nancy

astra
11-24-2010, 10:48 PM
:Welcome , Nancy!

It's always great to have another licensed person here - there is always high need of them throughout the year, regardless of seasons!
Looking forward to hearing more about your furry little ones!:grouphug

PS just quickly checked out your website - LOVED all photos! What a beautiful place it is to live!!!

Best Life
11-25-2010, 12:29 AM
Hi Nancy! :Welcome Lovely website you have. Nice to meet you!
Linda

lilidukes
11-25-2010, 12:33 AM
:Welcome :Welcome Nancy great to have you. I checked out your site, loved the pancake on the edge of the tub.:Welcome

Scooterzmom
11-25-2010, 01:55 AM
Welcome aboard Nancy. Always great to have a new rehabber in our midst. Makes the rest of us feel not-so-helpless :)

Skul
11-25-2010, 02:55 AM
This is great having someone up your direction.
Rehab folks are always welcome.:thumbsup
We learn more.:)

mugzeezma
11-25-2010, 03:03 AM
This is great having someone up your direction.
Rehab folks are always welcome.:thumbsup
We learn more.:)

YAHOOOO!!! I will second that! You're west of Ottawa correct?
I would LOVE to talk to you!

Skul
11-25-2010, 03:15 AM
Ottawa, Kansas, Right?:D

mugzeezma
11-25-2010, 03:18 AM
Ottawa, Kansas, Right?:D

Ummmmm

NO

you take the silly train home again Skul ? :crazy

Jackie in Tampa
11-25-2010, 03:28 AM
:Welcome :wave123

island rehabber
11-25-2010, 07:16 AM
Nancy it's great to have you with us! Please send me a private message with your contact info and I'll add it to our list of rehabbers.

:Welcome

RockyRocko
11-25-2010, 09:52 AM
:Welcome :Welcome

2ndHandRanchRescue
12-28-2010, 10:01 AM
Hi again TSB. Now that you guys know me a bit I had to share what the Spouse got me for Christmas last year. Yep an original art tattoo. This guy is great-in Chicagoland and loves animals (weird small world - he grew up with a mom that was a vet tech and had squirrels and raccoons around all the time) well I explained what I did. Set squirrels free or if they needed they went to heaven. Then my real job I save trees and work mostly with Oak trees (Gypsy Moth USFS). Well he came up with this. In person - its amazing you can see the fur detail and whiskers! And no it didn't even hurt AT ALL. Ok, now you know I'm a dork.

lilidukes
12-28-2010, 10:05 AM
Angel squirrel how perfect:thumbsup

Lady Squirrelly
12-28-2010, 10:09 AM
OMG!!!!!

He does AMAZING work.

What a great present.

I've been wanting one myself but the ones I've seen don't quite look right. Wish I lived closer, I would have to get his name from you.

Enjoy.:thumbsup

mugzeezma
12-28-2010, 10:23 AM
Hi again TSB. Now that you guys know me a bit I had to share what the Spouse got me for Christmas last year. Yep an original art tattoo. This guy is great-in Chicagoland and loves animals (weird small world - he grew up with a mom that was a vet tech and had squirrels and raccoons around all the time) well I explained what I did. Set squirrels free or if they needed they went to heaven. Then my real job I save trees and work mostly with Oak trees (Gypsy Moth USFS). Well he came up with this. In person - its amazing you can see the fur detail and whiskers! And no it didn't even hurt AT ALL. Ok, now you know I'm a dork.

Yes you are but a loveable dork! :jump

Was your tat guy Spider?

I want a painting of that tat!

2ndHandRanchRescue
12-28-2010, 10:34 AM
They are in DesPlaines. Stephen is a fabulous artist. I have another work for next year he did of Flash. This one is Ginger. I also have on order these as artwork. His wife is Kate, she works alot with cancer patients (breast cancer reconstructs, and cosmetic tattooing) I can't say enough about the sweetness of this couple. (And talent)

http://www.perfectiondermagraphics.com

Best Life
12-28-2010, 11:08 AM
Gorgeous tat! Really amazing! :peace