PDA

View Full Version : A Squirrels "Tail" by James P.

LMoS
11-17-2010, 03:41 PM
Hello all

My name is James, heh so I finally registered even though i've used this site for everything since my first "Peanut /nickname: Stinker" from over 2 years ago... I can no longer denie that I am full blown Squirrel Lover! hah god...no need to mention dork now ;) .. Sooo here are their stories for those who are very bored and have ALOT of spare time :)

Peanut fell into my life back in early Aug of 08, I heard a very high pitched cry from my living room and discovered 3 very young babies in the grass, 2 were dead :( and the other was very close to it...god she was such a fighter... it was about 55 degrees out and she couldn't of been older than 2 weeks tops. The information I gathered here made it possible to save her life... Normally I wouldntt call being on unemployment at the time "lucky" but if I wasnt then I would of had no other choice but to take her into the rehab center, never discovering what is by far one of the strongest most wonderfully loving companions to be found in all the world!

"i wouldnt fully realize this fact until another squirrel named "Zosi" which i'll hopefully get too before you die of old age.

Unfortunately though once Peanut had matured and built her nest above my bedroom window atop the blinds, "I tried a million times to move her nest but no luck... she ALWAYS went back" Soon she became very aggressive toward ANYONE who came near or in contact with me, she would even follow me through the house literally attached to me and attacking everyone like a Yo-Yo. Even at night she'd sneak down and bite my wife's toes in bed, sometimes drawing blood.. I'm sure the rest is obvious :(

2 years later: I had expected that I would never have another Squirrel come into my life again, especially not so soon!
But then Zosi comes into my life ( short for Zosimos meaning survivor, a name which he's undoubtedly earned)

About 12 weeks ago, my neighbor who has several snakes of all sizes hunts birds/squirrels and god knows what else... He comes to my door with a single baby squirrel in a rubber-made bowl, injured and bleeding with no bedding at all, its hot inside, lid on" and looks dead... so he starts to tell me how he fired his ****ing bb gun directly into a squirrels nest after becoming impatient or tired of hunting in the "honorable manner". So after shooting the nest, the babies/baby inside scream... mom comes running jumping tree to treee to save her babies. He kills the mother while she tried desperately to flee with a baby in her mouth :( :( :( I had a very hard time trying to keep my disgust to myself and not obvious and from breaking his nose. He tried to feed the baby to one of his smaller snakes but thankfully it wasnt interested so he brought it over not to find it help but ti see if my cat would want it so not to waste it... I guess he deserves some credit for not thrwing it in the garbage or toilet... I still want to shoot the man tho

His injury was a wound just above his tiny whiskers and just forward of his eye, looks like the nasal cavity... I believe it was a ricocheted bb or shrapnel... I flushed the wound with 3 pt water/1 pt peroxide and applied triple-a every few hours, kept him warm agents me and waited... for a while he showed no interest in water/formula.... his condition was so dire that I was expecting him to pass any minute and felt with absolute certainty he wouldnt survive the night. Just as I was beginning to consider putting him to sleep, he began to sip water and eat his formula... this renewed some hope but I knew he was far from being "out of the woods" and the true test would be making it thru the night. he kept sneezing blood from his nose but each was gradually less. I have never witnessed such a strong will to survive. He made Peanuts ordeal look like a breeze. Gradually the swelling began to subside throughout the night. his strength slowly improving until my only concern was keeping his wound free of infection and I felt confident he'd pull through so-long as we dodged that bullet. and amazingly he did! :)

3 months later. He's grown now to nearly full size. because of his injury he sneezes often but mostly when excited and especially for the first couple seconds when he wakes up. I hate to compare him to Peanut since I love them both but my comparison is really based on male vs female and not Peanut vs Zosi i think. ughhhhh I could do without being pee'd on regularly or on my bed which he spends alot of time in and sleeps in :) But that aside... Zosi is the most compassionate animal I've EVER seen! he sleeps snuggled up under my chin, lies for hours on chest eyes closed rolling about while I pet/scratch him, leaning, lifting up his arms and legs. Peanut would very rarely do this, she'd immediately turn my scratching/rubbing into playing/nibbling. and always kept to her nest. I'd be a terrible liar to say Zosi's doesnt have me wrapped his liyyle finger and whole-fully stolen my heart :)

I've always enjoyed to read others telling their stories on here and would think "wow I love my squirrel too but these people LOVE theirs" and now I understand :) Sorry for their lengthy stories.. call it a tribune for all he's given me and what he's overcome, told to the right people who understand and love these amazing little creatures :)

I'll post some pictures or video soon as I dig up the webcam. I cant wait to show off this little snugglebug! so till t hen :) :wave123

JakesLittlePrincess
11-17-2010, 03:57 PM
:Welcome & thanks for caring about the little critters. They are addictive and know how to get what they want from you. I don't know what is with people shooting bb guns at them. I found my little princess under almost the same circumstances as you. I know the rage you felt towards your neighbor and the compassion you feel towards the little one. I can't wait to see pics and videos!

lilidukes
11-17-2010, 04:25 PM
Welcome James :Welcome You have come to the right place for people whose lives are ruled by squirrels:jump Every squirrel is different those that want to be wild and those who choose to stay with us. Great saves ( I was hoping you had punched the neighbor) Can't wait for pics:wave123

mugzeezma
11-17-2010, 08:04 PM
:Welcome at last!!!
What kind of squirrel do you have?
Zosi sounds like he is ver loved. Does your wife participate in play time and maintenance with Z? Squirrels tend to be very opinionated about who they will tolerate.
i'm happy your neighbor brought you this baby but the horror he went through is incredible. That is a very very sick man
Good thing your he lives far far away.
I really can't post what i would like to do with that...creep but it might sound something like watching his house burn and shooting him repeatedly as he tried to escape.
I wouldn't stoop so low.

Scooterzmom
11-17-2010, 08:25 PM
Hello all

My name is James, heh so I finally registered even though i've used this site for everything since my first "Peanut /nickname: Stinker" from over 2 years ago... I can no longer denie that I am full blown Squirrel Lover! hah god...no need to mention dork now ;) .. Sooo here are their stories for those who are very bored and have ALOT of spare time :)

Peanut fell into my life back in early Aug of 08, I heard a very high pitched cry from my living room and discovered 3 very young babies in the grass, 2 were dead :( and the other was very close to it...god she was such a fighter... it was about 55 degrees out and she couldn't of been older than 2 weeks tops. The information I gathered here made it possible to save her life... Normally I wouldntt call being on unemployment at the time "lucky" but if I wasnt then I would of had no other choice but to take her into the rehab center, never discovering what is by far one of the strongest most wonderfully loving companions to be found in all the world!

"i wouldnt fully realize this fact until another squirrel named "Zosi" which i'll hopefully get too before you die of old age.

Unfortunately though once Peanut had matured and built her nest above my bedroom window atop the blinds, "I tried a million times to move her nest but no luck... she ALWAYS went back" Soon she became very aggressive toward ANYONE who came near or in contact with me, she would even follow me through the house literally attached to me and attacking everyone like a Yo-Yo. Even at night she'd sneak down and bite my wife's toes in bed, sometimes drawing blood.. I'm sure the rest is obvious :(

2 years later: I had expected that I would never have another Squirrel come into my life again, especially not so soon!
But then Zosi comes into my life ( short for Zosimos meaning survivor, a name which he's undoubtedly earned)

About 12 weeks ago, my neighbor who has several snakes of all sizes hunts birds/squirrels and god knows what else... He comes to my door with a single baby squirrel in a rubber-made bowl, injured and bleeding with no bedding at all, its hot inside, lid on" and looks dead... so he starts to tell me how he fired his ****ing bb gun directly into a squirrels nest after becoming impatient or tired of hunting in the "honorable manner". So after shooting the nest, the babies/baby inside scream... mom comes running jumping tree to treee to save her babies. He kills the mother while she tried desperately to flee with a baby in her mouth :( :( :( I had a very hard time trying to keep my disgust to myself and not obvious and from breaking his nose. He tried to feed the baby to one of his smaller snakes but thankfully it wasnt interested so he brought it over not to find it help but ti see if my cat would want it so not to waste it... I guess he deserves some credit for not thrwing it in the garbage or toilet... I still want to shoot the man tho

His injury was a wound just above his tiny whiskers and just forward of his eye, looks like the nasal cavity... I believe it was a ricocheted bb or shrapnel... I flushed the wound with 3 pt water/1 pt peroxide and applied triple-a every few hours, kept him warm agents me and waited... for a while he showed no interest in water/formula.... his condition was so dire that I was expecting him to pass any minute and felt with absolute certainty he wouldnt survive the night. Just as I was beginning to consider putting him to sleep, he began to sip water and eat his formula... this renewed some hope but I knew he was far from being "out of the woods" and the true test would be making it thru the night. he kept sneezing blood from his nose but each was gradually less. I have never witnessed such a strong will to survive. He made Peanuts ordeal look like a breeze. Gradually the swelling began to subside throughout the night. his strength slowly improving until my only concern was keeping his wound free of infection and I felt confident he'd pull through so-long as we dodged that bullet. and amazingly he did! :)

3 months later. He's grown now to nearly full size. because of his injury he sneezes often but mostly when excited and especially for the first couple seconds when he wakes up. I hate to compare him to Peanut since I love them both but my comparison is really based on male vs female and not Peanut vs Zosi i think. ughhhhh I could do without being pee'd on regularly or on my bed which he spends alot of time in and sleeps in :) But that aside... Zosi is the most compassionate animal I've EVER seen! he sleeps snuggled up under my chin, lies for hours on chest eyes closed rolling about while I pet/scratch him, leaning, lifting up his arms and legs. Peanut would very rarely do this, she'd immediately turn my scratching/rubbing into playing/nibbling. and always kept to her nest. I'd be a terrible liar to say Zosi's doesnt have me wrapped his liyyle finger and whole-fully stolen my heart :)

I've always enjoyed to read others telling their stories on here and would think "wow I love my squirrel too but these people LOVE theirs" and now I understand :) Sorry for their lengthy stories.. call it a tribune for all he's given me and what he's overcome, told to the right people who understand and love these amazing little creatures :)

I'll post some pictures or video soon as I dig up the webcam. I cant wait to show off this little snugglebug! so till t hen :) :wave123

I'm not a hateful person, I usually try to see good in everyone. But someone that cruel, that inhumane....? Yes, I think I'd hate that man... think I do now for what he did to that poor helpless creature, and to you - because I know that hearing of such a thing as you stood there it must have hurt you too!

But then, I'm so thankful that YOU cared and took such good care of little Zsosi. It warms my heart to know he pulled through.

About the peeing on you, Scooter used to do that to me - I wasn't to fond of it either but then I realized that he did it only when I had other babies in the room. Now I'd give my right arm to have him alive and doing it to me again :( I came to understand that what he was doing was 'marking' me, telling the others in his own way "She's mine!"

The other thing is, I have noticed that the males I got all were much more affectionate than the females. They seem more relaxed around me and humans in general whereas the females seem very preoccupied with "their" things... their nest, their food, their toys... just more possessive and since Scooter had me - it was obvious I guess - I never had a female bond to me beyond the stage of weaning. I've had some who were mildly curious about me, would timidly try to get close to me, but no deep bonding involved. However, with the males I have to be careful 'cuz they seem to bond a little too easily.

I can't wait to see some pictures ... hurry up and find that cam :) :multi

SquirrelsinSingapore
11-18-2010, 07:59 AM
OK i hate that neighbour

And wld probably tell the fellor off right on the spot for not sparing mother squirre just trying to save her babies. What a despicable cold blooded ass

BTW thanks for the story. Really kind of you to rise this one... I guess now peanut can have a partner to hang out with while you are away? =) Maybe they'll make a good couple and then have offsprings... Wait doesnt that make you a grandpapa?

:starwars

LMoS
11-19-2010, 09:42 AM
I loved all of your replies, I couldnt feel more welcomed guys! Oh and that im no stranger for wanting to strangle that damn kid! I've always had such a hard time dealing with people who mistreat animals, I can't watch those ASPCA shows without wanting to murder those people.

Ah at least he brought him over.... maybe he really did feel bad in his own way but wouldnt admit it. who knows...

I feel guilty now for not getting those pictures of Zosi yet since so many of you are interested in him! I'm surprised people ever read thru all that! I thought I went a little overboard personally! Haha! I'll get those pictures today Promise ;)

Zosi is a E. Grey btw since someone asked. I live in central Florida and they are EVERYWHERE down here. "maybe thats common for them everywhere though" and on Z pee'ing on me... It's odd because it's not like she goes still and unloads "that still happens rarely tho... god he got untop of my head which i normally dont allow "least in my experience, they end up losing balance and claw up my face" but he UNLOADED! trickled down my face/eyes "BLAH!" he got me REAL good :) but my problem is that he dribbles very small amounts while he's moving across my chest or arm for exsample, I figured its either he's excited, some kind of you belong to me mark or showing affection maybe? He sleeps ALOT more than Peanut ever did too, Active 4am-8am then sleeps till noon and repeats this all day. I think he just REALLY loves the bed. hopefully its nothing to worry about.

The only other problem I am having is that he is PETRIFIED of the outdoors, considering what happened to him I cannot blame the little angel, I've been trying to encourage he get on the privacy fence and spend some time running along it but he wont leave me. I'll keep taking him out tho and hopefully overcome this.

Other than that, he's great with other people, he'll be only slightly nervous and cautiously sniff them but after a couple seconds he accepts them. Oh I do have a minor issue with him biting way too hard on fingers while he's play nipping, he's nailed me a couple times this week already, drew blood twice but its totally unintentional and were working on it.

I think that's plenty for now! lol! man i can just go on and on. I'll post those pictures tonight, OH me and my wife are living separately right now "I just remembered someone asked if she plays with Zosi" but so far no issues of jeliously/aggression so far like I had with Peanut. The kids are dying to hold him but I cant do it until I know this nipping thing is under control. so thats about it. again, thanks for all of your wonderful welcomes! and Zosi says Hi ;)

LMoS
11-19-2010, 10:31 AM
As promised :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPQYATadPy0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtIlCXGFvMA

LMoS
11-19-2010, 10:38 AM
And some pictures too... It's a pain getting nice shots because I have to hold the webcam and snap the picture using the mouse, so both of my hands are occupied.

RockyRocko
11-19-2010, 10:46 AM
What a sweetie!! :Welcome

LMoS
11-19-2010, 11:26 AM
I just realized I never mentioned what happened to Peanut, I had already been under tremendous pressure to release her since the problems between Mandi and Peanut began, I couldnt understand how she was so afraid of her... One morning while I was showering I suddenly heard her screaming for me... Apparently she had been trying to get my attention but I didnt hear her. So there she is crying in bed saying that Peanut wouldnt let her get up, she said that peanut was standing on the far end bed post watching her eye to eye and motionless, whenever she moved a muscle, she'd bark and threaten to attack... I swear this woman was TERRIFIED! I couldnt help myself from laughing and got my ass kicked real bad for it! hah but then in that same week, my son who was about 6mo old at the time got a nice size scratch on his cheek... very minor but very close to his eye and that sealed her fate.

I read on here about how to reintroduce them into the wild, I was able to convince Mandi to allow her a week to taper her but surprisingly she took right too it and within a week or so she was no different than any other wild squirrel... if it wasnt for a small patch of missing fur on her tail, I wouldnt of believed it was her. So yeah no sad ending for Peanut. It was exactly ike you said Scooter, All bonding/affection was gone once she was past weaning. her and that damn nest! lol

LMoS
11-19-2010, 02:04 PM
:Welcome at last!!!
What kind of squirrel do you have?
Zosi sounds like he is ver loved. Does your wife participate in play time and maintenance with Z? Squirrels tend to be very opinionated about who they will tolerate.
i'm happy your neighbor brought you this baby but the horror he went through is incredible. That is a very very sick man
Good thing your he lives far far away.
I really can't post what i would like to do with that...creep but it might sound something like watching his house burn and shooting him repeatedly as he tried to escape.
I wouldn't stoop so low.

Have you watched Earthlings? It was the most painfully horrible thing i've ever seen.. Worse than those videos of the Holocaust, 9/11, etc...I felt utterly embarrassed being the same species as these people and I'll never forget feeling like we deserved to be wiped off this planet like the dinosaurs, just completely annihilated... I despise these kind of people just about the same as someone who tortures and kills babies.

LMoS
11-26-2010, 11:32 AM
Listening to some music and pampering Zosi :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6y4lvTF8eE

Fireweed
11-26-2010, 12:30 PM
OMG...that video was the best!!! He was in HEAVEN! You've got the magic touch, for sure! :thumbsup That first time he 'settled down' and then you stopped petting him and it takes a few seconds for him to realize and then he JUMPS up like, huh? Why you stopping??? That cracked me UP! :D

Where did you get a name like Zosi? What does it mean?

The story of your neighbour: what can one say about such ignorance? :shakehead

I've seen Earthlings. I feel ya, brother...it is horribly painful, that's for sure. :( I think the point of it is not that 'they' do those things to animals but that we all have a part in that cruelty by paying others to do it for us (science, farming, fishing, unwanted pets, pet-store pets, etc.) Most of the cruelty in that film is every day business in labs and factory farms and shelters. That's the world WE've created. 'Those' people are forced to do the things they do in the name of profit and expediency because we continue to support it in many and various ways.

Anyhooo....love the videos and pictures. Zosi is a real sweetheart. I'm already in love. Hee. :tilt

LMoS
11-26-2010, 09:31 PM
Glad you liked the video :) I am SO VERY lucky to have Zosi in my life! He sleeps with me and always keeps nuzzled up agents me and gets his hour or so of petting rubbing and scratching :) ... sometimes he gets so full of love that he becomes desperate to return the affection and frantically but gently nibble my fingers etc... but last night "he was under the covers and agents my side while I was rubbing him" he all the sudden he jumps up and goes straight for my lips and started to full on FRENCH KISS me!! tongue and all!!!

Just how much I love Zosi scares the crap out of me though... I prolly shouldnt of read those Rainbow Bridge posts last night... Scootersmom's really hit me deep... especially her posts of those horrible nights afterward swallowed by all that grief and guilt... I wish I could of given her Zosi to cuddle her all through those nights :( :( ... It also felt like I was seeing my own pain through her's for when Zosi's time comes... thank god at least that Squirrels dont share the short lifespan of every other Rodent "bah I really hate that title!" I think Squirrels have evolved so far beyond any other Rodent so they deserve an upgrade! hehe kinda like calling a Human a Primate ya know? :)

:meh Alright enough of the morbid... So yea about his name... I mentioned it somewhere in that novel sized introduction I think. I am really not surprised ya missed it :) I did not want to name him until I knew he was going to survive that terrible injury... it just would of made it more difficult for me if he did cross the rainbow bridge. So after he showed Death who was boss... I used Google and hit a few websites for uncommon names that had the meanings listed. I choose Zosimos for "Able to survive".

haha ok I keep seeing Zosi in my peripheral vision sneaking up from behind and stealing Reese Pieces from the bowl beside me! Thinks he's bein slick... :p the little stinker already had pudding today too. :shakehead and jeez this msg looks a lot longer than I thought it would be! lol.. time to put a cork in it!

Take care Fireweed! :)

astra
11-26-2010, 09:55 PM
I almost missed this thread - what a precious, wonderful, sweetest little Zosie!:Love_Icon
I kept replaying the videos - the bond, the love, the trust he has in you... and enjoyed reading your posts - because that's exactly and more (that simply cannot be put in words) what squirrel love is like...:thankyou

Actually, quite a few people are not worthy to be called even Primates... I don't really know what to call those...hmmm....entities....
so, being a rodent is a good thing (rats are great, too:thumbsup ). Sometimes, I even call one good friend of mine a "squirrel" as a compliment. The other day I was very frustrated with a few... 'primates', and she offered help so timely, and i told her what a "great squirrel" she was!... she just laughed...;-)

Please, share more of your sweetest fuzzy friend! Photos and videos - one is too many, a thousand is not enough, you know...:tilt

mugzeezma
11-26-2010, 10:25 PM
Love the video!
Brought back memories.
I love how he would just curluprealfast
and then beg for more lovin'

I used to take an afternoon snooze with Mugzi (he usually did the snoozing)
at 9pm he would gallop up to my bedroom and hop on my lap for skritches.
It was so funny because he would lie back with his mouth open like an old man and drool. He never curled up but rather went completely limp.
The nanosecond my hand moved he popped up.

I don't know what the bond is that we have with these wild things. I only know that that it's intense. More so than any I've had with any other animal.
I cannot tell you how devastating his loss was. My little boy brought him home cold and lifeless after lying in the gutter ignored by my neighbors for 2-3 days, covered with fly eggs...

There is a reconfirmation of life a rejoicing.

It cannot be compared to picking out a puppy or a shelter animal.

Our lives have intertwined because we were there to breathe life back into them. Their very wildness intrigues us because they teach that to us in return.

They are special.

LMoS
11-27-2010, 05:31 AM
I read your first msg about Mugzi thru his hair loss ordeal and the tail accident and ultimately his encounter with that child killing Nazi Officer! I wonder if that sub-human bitch has any idea just how close shes coming to getting herself shot! My god I really dont know if I could of restrained myself in your shoes. You have my FULL support! if the sub-human gets away with this, I would LOVE to avenge Mugzi for you! It would be well worth the drive!

LMoS
11-27-2010, 05:47 AM
now I just need to put the red dot right between her.... "let mugzi decide"

island rehabber
11-27-2010, 06:40 AM
LMoS, you're one of us...just maybe a little more intense than some....:poke:D I understand you completely, however. (My family was from southern Italy; we neither forget NOR forgive. :get_em)

Zosi's story is one of horror, and compassion, and true love....thank God he was brought to you! He's a beautiful boy and looks so much like my Shanti, with his white eyeliner. Have you checked out our Nutrition Forum? That boy deserves only the best. :thumbsup

mugzeezma
11-27-2010, 09:10 AM
LMoS, you're one of us...just maybe a little more intense than some....:poke:D I understand you completely, however. (My family was from southern Italy; we neither forget NOR forgive. :get_em)

Zosi's story is one of horror, and compassion, and true love....thank God he was brought to you! He's a beautiful boy and looks so much like my Shanti, with his white eyeliner. Have you checked out our Nutrition Forum? That boy deserves only the best. :thumbsup

James...thank you for your understanding...It's incomprehensible to me that a dangerous dog was allowed to roam free and a little squirrel...

Please be careful in the many years ahead that you will share with this magical woodland creature.
I pray 333p0];-flv 7=589 <<<this is what happens when you leave the keyboard to the squirrels

I pray that you have many wonderful years ahead of you with Zosi.
Zosi will pick your friends for you and they will be the kind of people that are worth your love :grouphug

Ummm... I've been pickin' up what you've been layin' down iR!!!! LOL

Remember that I am descended from Vikings.
odd that they also originated the Nobel Peace Prize :thinking

2ndHandRanchRescue
11-27-2010, 09:53 AM
Welcome - love your stories. I live in Hill Billy land and have such disgust too for these folks who have plenty of money and still hunt squirrel for "target practice" for deer season. I stopped by some (now ex) friends house this fall and lined on the porch (these folks are very well heeled) were 20+ dead squirrels - they thought it funny to line them up for me. GRRRRR - I am happy to be with this board with fellow dorks and lov'n it - I can't tell you how great it is to share stories. Would you believe I'm a licsensed rehabber and just found this great location? I love your videos James - keep them com'n. Here's my link www.2ndhandranch.com - you can see my videos too. I'm working on my end of season one right now. How great is You Tube for good fun.
BTW folks. I'm from Chicago but married a country hunt'n boy. I have converted. On his family hunting trips when we started rehabbing he passed the no hunting squirrel law (a big step) and this year he has decided he will no longer hunt deer - its just not in him. I don't eat mammals and the guy has joined my without even noticing. heee heee heeee Yes squirrel fans, we can make a difference. It will just take time. LOL.

mugzeezma
11-27-2010, 10:27 AM
I live in Hill Billy land and have such disgust too for these folks who have plenty of money and still hunt squirrel for "target practice" for deer season. I stopped by some (now ex) friends house this fall and lined on the porch (these folks are very well heeled) were 20+ dead squirrels - they thought it funny to line them up for me. GRRRRR -

On his family hunting trips when we started rehabbing he passed the no hunting squirrel law (a big step) and this year he has decided he will no longer hunt deer - its just not in him. I don't eat mammals and the guy has joined my without even noticing. heee heee heeee Yes squirrel fans, we can make a difference. It will just take time. LOL.

Honey HillBilly's around here don'y got NUTHIN os the Appalachian tribes!!!
These are redneck farmin folk out heyar
REGARDLESS what they are
I'm so glad you have made a difference
We all do
One person at a time

I think that your (X)friends are sick to even BEGIN to think what they did was funny:shakehead

2ndHandRanchRescue
11-27-2010, 12:09 PM
These are redneck farmin folk out heyar

LOL - yep, you are correct. We don't have many hills here. This is such a great forum. All these folks help'n critters. And I can understand hunting to eat, but come on. And to be fair - out here in North Central Illinois - there are many regular farmer-folks that have helped many critters. Every year I hear great stories about rescue and release, and how can anyone not appreciate a squirrel. :crazy

LMoS
12-17-2010, 02:36 PM
(Had to edit this because the myspace URL was censored and wouldnt work for anyone clicking on it) the **** starts with an F and ends with K ;)
Sry I've been away for a couple weeks... Zosi has been doing great besides stealing/hiding my lighters and putting a million M&M shell fragments all over my bed... :) ohhh and the major scare last night... I woke up and had been awake for well over 2 hrs before I noticed that Zosi had gotten ahold of a bottle of 100 benadryl tabs, he had eaten half of the entire bottle away and I found 5 partially eaten pills "maybe he just grinded them up and didnt actuallly ingest them ...plus I dont know how many whole pills he might of eaten either. I panicked but quickly realized at least 3 hours had already gone by and he appeared to be just fine. But I am still a bit worried that something could still happen in the long term like when someone takes an overdose of Tylenol and feels perfectly fine for like 3 days until suddenly keeling over dead from total liver failure. If something like that is happening to him then I doubt there is anything I can do at this point. Im going to lose it if I entertain these fears anymore so enough of that.

I thought about my angry msg and how I should have clarified that I wasnt really going to shoot that lady... lol, I know it was a stupid thing to say but I just felt so bad for Mugz Mom after I read what happened then quickly filled up with disgust/anger and looked over to see my 9mm then immediately thought or wondered if I would of had the restraint to not shoot her ass if it were Zosi. God she better lose her job at LEAST... Maybe if you send me the name of the officer and the agency then I can send an email supporting you. Who knows if that would do any good at all but I would love to try.

As for people killing animals/squirrels for fun... Like these scumbag's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkOF22ZcfDo&feature=related

or any animal for that matter deserve to be shot themselves. It's simply the truth about man these days. I think SO MANY people have totally forgotten and lost touch with nature and have no or very little respect for it and it's wildlife. Killing an innocent animal for pleasure feels just as rotten as killing a human child imo. That line from Avatar comes to mind about how "they killed their mother." and eventually I think mankind will kill this planet one day if something else doesnt kill us before we get around to it. I think we've already **** on our welcome too much and probably don't deserve to live on this planet anymore? Another movie comes to mind... "The Day the Earth Stood Still" ah crap enough of the heavy....

I added a load of pics and a few videos on myspace for any interested :)

http://www.myspace.com/****thiseverythingistaken (Sorry... the URL is censored and wont work for anyone clicking on it) just replace the **** with a four letter word that starts with an F and ends with K ;)