PDA

View Full Version : Food Questions

Shawnsmommy19
11-12-2010, 09:42 AM
Hey i have a question regarding food issues. His name is snickers he is almost 8 weeks old and he gets fox valley 2 times a day at about 16 cc each time. He gets a small ceramic bowl with a mixture of vegetables. IN this mixture is :Green beans,bellpepper,snow peas,brocoli,cauliflower,cucumber,and a few blueberries. But the problem is i cant get him to eat them. Is their any ideas i can try to get him to eat his veggies. He is just like a kid dont like to eat his veggies :). If anyone has any ideas please let me know i would greatly appreciate it

squirrely pearly
11-12-2010, 09:31 PM
maybe pour a little fox valley on top of them!:crazy

mugzeezma
11-12-2010, 10:37 PM
croutons!

seriously though, cut up kale and cut up grapes, pomegranate, banana, orange, avocado, whatever into small bits so they have to dig for it. It also smears the flavors around and they are more apt to eat it.
Sometimes I sprinkle finely ground pecans on it for a treat. i DON'T recommend you doing nuts if they aren't eating their veg.
Are you feeding rat block yet?

Rhapsody
11-13-2010, 12:15 AM
My squirrel who is 8 weeks old takes 20 cc of his formula in the morning then is allowed to run around the kitchen while I fix his morning meal for him of mixed vegetables, romaine lettuce and two hhb...... no fruit - squirrels just like little kids will not want to eat their vegetables once they have tasted the sweet stuff.

Shawnsmommy19
11-13-2010, 11:25 PM
He is on monkey biscuits and 2 mazuri rat blocks a day but it seems all he wants to eat is his formula didnt know if this was nomal at this age or not....

mugzeezma
11-14-2010, 08:49 AM
He is on monkey biscuits and 2 mazuri rat blocks a day but it seems all he wants to eat is his formula didnt know if this was nomal at this age or not....
Let's put it this way
It's normal for him.
As long as he keeps gaining weight and is active and alert you are doing a fine job as squammy. He will let you know when he's tired of formula...hopefully later than sooner. He will start self feeding more and suckling less.
Example:
I currently have 2 siblings one male and one female
Ani weaned at 10wks
Finnagin at 15wks
My Mugzi weaned at 22wks

I also see variance at the wildlife center.

I wouldn't worry