PDA

View Full Version : update on my quest to become a rehabber!!!ok

NaturesGift
11-16-2006, 06:39 PM
ok I emailed like every rehabber in Mo... The closest is 4 hrs away but I will cope. I have only got a reply from one lady she is the closest one so i guess it fits right? Anywhoo she said is quots

" How far is Ava from Kansas City? Our procedure is tohave you attend classes -- put in 30 hours working with a mentor -- followour rules about record keeping and so on and so forth -- and you are added to our license."

she had another member from the membership commitee email me for my addy so they can mail me some information...

I also called my dads friend from the conservation office and he said he had no clue.... he said there was no rehabber near by and basically said there are better things to do for nature than rehab... but I told him that this what what I really wanted to do/what I felt called to do. so in the end he wished me luck and told me to ask a zoo.....:D lol

if any one has any pointers let me know!
am I going about this the right way?

~`*Mandie*`~

Mrs. Jack
11-17-2006, 10:36 AM
You know, it mightn't hurt to talk to someone at a zoo.. they will have exotic animal vets, and those vets might have some information...

There's a place near you called "white dove ranch sanctuary" have you ever heard of it? It's for horses.. but again, might they have information that you may find useful?

NaturesGift
11-17-2006, 05:21 PM
mm ty will look into it

sage1970
01-09-2007, 01:56 PM
Wow....I am gone for a while and miss all kinds of things! LOL

I am a rehabber in Missouri.....I live in Dixon though and I have no clue where Ava is....

Email me, I might be able to help you out,

Paula