PDA

View Full Version : Willing to help if I can!!

RockyRocko
10-26-2010, 12:49 PM
I have raised and successfully released 3 baby squirrels. Thanks to all the great help offered here at TSB.
I am not a licensed rehabber but would like to work towards getting my license.

If there are any rehabbers in the MidWest that need a foster mom to overwinter a baby, I am available to help. I have a huge indoor wintering cage, and lots
of love to give!! I am even willing to travel if needed to pick up baby.

Please let me know if you need my help!!

I have also started making squirrel feeders and deluxe nesting boxes! Nothing
but the best for my Squirrels!! Inside or Outside!! :jump

virgo062
10-26-2010, 01:03 PM
Nice feeders:thumbsup

astra
10-26-2010, 01:18 PM
:Welcome
what a nice job!:thumbsup :thumbsup

RockyRocko
10-26-2010, 01:45 PM
Maybe I should post on the 4 sale thread if anyone is isterested??

virgo062
10-26-2010, 01:47 PM
That's a good idea...But my husband said if I bring in one more feeder/nest box he's going to....well I can't say exactly what he said but I'm sure you get the idea :)

squirrely pearly
10-26-2010, 02:00 PM
I'd buy a couple of those plexi glass feeders!

RockyRocko
10-26-2010, 02:03 PM
I am at the point of taking over my neighbors trees now!! After raising 3 babies
in a row I am addicted!!! Everything is for the squirrels!!! :wott

Rhapsody
10-26-2010, 02:17 PM
Please post a thread in the classified section as I would be very interested in knowing the prices for your nest box and feeders with shipping included.
You have done an awesome job in making them. :thumbsup :thumbsup

mugzeezma
10-26-2010, 03:06 PM
I am at the point of taking over my neighbors trees now!! After raising 3 babies
in a row I am addicted!!! Everything is for the squirrels!!! :wott
I could really use an outdoor nestbox for my kids...Ani is ready now but Finnagin has to wait until he's WEANED!!!! They are sibs too.
You live north of me don't you?
I will PM you in a bit...

little susie
10-26-2010, 04:03 PM
Wow!Party central for squirrels:crazy Can I come too! Hahaha:jump

SquirrelsinSingapore
10-27-2010, 01:17 PM
Wow i loved the 2nd with the jar, and 3rd squirrel houses
I think it is amazing houses for squirrels and you can sell the prototype? LoL just kidding.. If u'd made those yourself then you are truly great architect for squirrels yah? keep it up!

:thumbsup

RockyRocko
10-27-2010, 01:35 PM
Wow i loved the 2nd with the jar, and 3rd squirrel houses
I think it is amazing houses for squirrels and you can sell the prototype? LoL just kidding.. If u'd made those yourself then you are truly great architect for squirrels yah? keep it up!

:thumbsup
Thanks!!! I'm the designer and "rookie" wood worker, my Dad is the "Pro" wood worker!! It's a standard joke between us now...... "it's just a simple little squirrel project"!!! Which of course never turns out to be simple or little..... hahaha

Wait until you see my next design!! I'm building a glass house feeder with two
levels!! I'll make sure to post pictures!!

nnmaru1
10-27-2010, 01:54 PM
Excellent! Fellow midwesterner :)

I love your SQ contraptions/designs!

I will keep you in mind for sure (just found out a lady in my gym class has a son who works for humane wildlife trapping company and once in a great while they have juvenile SQs).

RockyRocko
10-27-2010, 02:16 PM
Excellent! Fellow midwesterner :)

I love your SQ contraptions/designs!

I will keep you in mind for sure (just found out a lady in my gym class has a son who works for humane wildlife trapping company and once in a great while they have juvenile SQs).

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! My neighbors think I'm nuts!!:wahoo But I don't care!!

I'll post some pictures soon of all my outside area!! I wonder when and what is
considered too much???? Haha

As we "speak" my first release "Roxy" is stashing a bunch of walnuts throughout the house!! She lost sight in one eye early this spring, doing fine now, and on her 3rd litter of babies. Totally released and outside, but she is tame with me, and still gets on my shoulder. If a window is open, she comes and goes as she pleases everyday!! Rescueing her is what got me hooked on SQUIRRELS!!!!

RockyRocko
10-27-2010, 02:20 PM
More pictures of the feeders and SQ Condo. I've posted and ad on the 4-sale page if anyone is interested.

SquirrelsinSingapore
12-13-2010, 01:06 PM
oh gosh... condo with a scenery!
are those cases inter connected or something? it certainly looks good in my opinion

:bowdown

RockyRocko
12-14-2010, 10:19 PM
oh gosh... condo with a scenery!
are those cases inter connected or something? it certainly looks good in my opinion

:bowdown

Haha... that made me smile, would me neat to build something like that!
But anyway, No, they are just all individual feeders, sliding plexi-glass for cleaning and just a simple, fun, feeder. The sq's can sit inside if it's raining or snowing..... they are fun!!:D