PDA

View Full Version : hello all! (:

alw75
10-24-2010, 05:47 PM
hi. my name is amanda and i have been reading the posts on here for a few days now. when i was a teenager my mother and i raised some baby squirrels and i have recently acquired three more. it has been quite a while since i have raised any so i am having a hard time. during that time we did not have a computer. we bought formula, fed the babies, and they were fine. since i have became mom to these babies i have read way to much. im not sleeping and the constant worry is driving me insane. i have two little girls (lizy & lucy) and a little boy rocky, they are precious. (: from pictures we have seen we estimate that are around 4 weeks. these babies were a bad misfortune of a tree trimmimg crew. we were certain they were not dehydrated. i put them on esbilac puppy formula right away. i have had an awful time keeping them from aspirating. i have tried different syringes and when they have aspirted i have held them head down. i listen to them every feeding and i have not heard any constant clicking. i am so scared of the possibility of pneumonia. :( they all three have a good appetite. they are eating 3 1/2 ccs around every 4hours.

rocky- i believe he is doing the best of my babies. the only concern i have with him is occasional loose stools.

lucy- i have been quite worried about her. i have the hardest time getting her to have a bowel movement.

lizy- i am most concerned with her. i guess you could say she has mild diarrhea. her poo has me worried. it is a mustardy yellow but it has a slimey, sticky texture. :(

i have lots of questions i need help with.

1. how often should they have a bowel movement? i have read after every feeding, after every other feeding and 2-3 times a day.
2. at what consistency shoud i be worried about their poo?
3. only having the mild diarrhea should you take their formula away and put them on a rehydrating substance, such as pedialyte?
4. i have been mixing my formula by 1 tablespoon formula two tablespoons water. i have read that it is good to mix yogurt with their formula. i would like to do so but i need to know a yogurt to formula ratio?
5. what are the first pneumonia symptoms?
6. i have read about clicking while breathing, but where i read this it said the clicking would be constant. is this correct?

thank you all for your help! any information is greatly appreciated!

lilidukes
10-24-2010, 06:06 PM
:Welcome Your diarrhea problem is most likely the esbilac. I've not had any babies since esbilac changed their formula. Fox Valley is what most have changed over to. I just thought I would say hello and bump your thread back to the top. Good luck.

alw75
10-24-2010, 06:11 PM
thank you! i read all about how esbilac was the best until now... oh goodness. they are urinating fine and the diarrhea is mild for the most part. is the diarrhea something i should be very concerned about? what would you do in this situation? should i order a container of fox valley, and if so where is the best place to order it from? thank you so much!

lilidukes
10-24-2010, 06:19 PM
You need to start a new post under non life threatening help needed you will get a lot more responses and help there.

alw75
10-24-2010, 06:25 PM
alright. thanks... haha maybe ill eventually get the hang of this!