PDA

View Full Version : HELP FOR "REhabber" Selling in Sumter, fl

Caglemedic
10-20-2010, 01:30 PM
Just got a call in from a lady who found this ad. I am trying yo get in touch but the ad will be deleted soon.

It says:
I am a squirrell rehabber in the Sumter County area and I am overloaded with baby squirrels at this time of year. I have a beautiful baby boy grey squirrel that is ready to go to a forever home, I'm looking to adopt him out to a loving home to make room for new babies that need my help, please understand that I will be asking many questions should you choose to respond to this ad and I have a few requirements for any potential home. I am not a breeder and I am not selling these squirrels, I'm asking the re-home fee to help pay for supplies for new babies that are pouring into my care. I will not give a squirrel to anyone under 18, so don't even ask, Squirrels require a lot of attention and you have to be prepared to deal with that. This baby squirrel is completely weaned and is eating solid foods and we estimate his age to be about 2 months old, he is very sweet and loves to explore.. e-mail me today if your interested, re-home fee is $30

Email at:comm-ewwgj-2016184592@craigslist.org

This is so wrong!

Caglemedic
10-20-2010, 01:35 PM
Sorry link is

www.ocala.craigslist.com pets section Baby grey squirrels

or

http://ocala.craigslist.org/pet/2016184592.html

mpetys
10-20-2010, 01:48 PM
I clicked on the link and see that it has been flagged for removal!

Michele

Caglemedic
10-20-2010, 02:57 PM
I got her info sent it into the FWC, they have no licensed squirrel rehabber in Sumter co, Fl, so she cannot sell it. She has a boy 8 weeks and says he is too freindly to be released. She also has a younger female still rehabbing. I will place a "ad" providing help but I do not have the funds do to my own vast critters (now at 20 babies with one spinal injury with me and 16 in various volunteer homes) and low donations to our organization.

If you are intrested in getting her info PM me or email me at heathertedrick@hotmail.com or call as I am always here for you all! 352-307-4998.

squirrelsrule&bunniestoo
10-20-2010, 03:06 PM
An 8 week old squirrel is way too young to be weaned and that is too early to tell if it is releaseable or not based on friendliness, not sure about greys, but my foxers are always still sweet when they are 8 weeks old. I do not think this person is a real rehabber or she would know these things! Plus if you have a nonreleaseable the last thing you want to do is post on craigslist for just anyone who wants a squirrel to respond :shakehead

Kristal
10-20-2010, 07:47 PM
She doesn't sound like a really horrible person, but she could sure use an education....

starfairy
10-20-2010, 08:41 PM
Hi Heather I sent you an email..:wave123

haydenismylife
10-20-2010, 09:11 PM
Im in the ocala national forest and can help out any way possible.