PDA

View Full Version : 9 weeks and weaning but dehydrated?

sharpknitter
10-11-2010, 08:33 AM
Cashew, fox squirrel, is just like a toddler, busy, busy, busy and too busy to drink. She has a water bottle and small dish below for drips, however, I don't think she drinks any. So, I can't weigh her anymore, she is not fat or skinny and the chart says one feeding a day, however, I am not so sure. She likes hhb, fv, although she might take a total of 15 cc a day with 4 feedings. She doesn't eat veggies, except carrots, she gets one small baby a day, avocado, 1 slice, her maple leaves, not much longer tho. I have tried broccoli, lettuce red and dk green,parsley and celery. They sit and wither. I have not given her any fruit because grapes don't exist in my neighborhood. I am trying to not give her sugary things. Is it ok to go to one feeding a day and what can I do to her diet? Am I wrong about fruits? I am worried about her not drinking enough liquids too. Help

prncsbabs1
10-11-2010, 08:54 AM
This is what my 10 & 12 week old get in the early morning/afternoon....

I get a bag of Spring Mix Bag of salad (they get a handful of that, a few snap peas cut up, a radish cut up (peeled), a piece of sweet potatoe cut up without the skin once or twice a week), a piece of cucumber (skinned), a peice of broccolli cut up, a piece of carrot cut up (do not give too much carrot, it is not good), a piece of zuccinici cut up (skinned), a piece of cauliflower cut up, green beans cut up, mushrooms cut up, a piece of apple skinned and cut up, a piece of kale, a rasberry cut up, a few blueberries cut up and a piece of avacado no skin or pit.

They get this a Henry's health block, I also offer rat chow...which they might eat a piece or two a day..

They still take FV in the morning with a HHB and FV again in the evening

Hope this helps :tilt

pappy1264
10-11-2010, 08:56 AM
Do they like raddishes? Never tried them.....hhhhmmmmmm...always looking for new things they might like! Sorry to threadjack!

prncsbabs1
10-11-2010, 08:57 AM
Yes, surprisingly they do eat pieces of them :dono AFTER they dig through the bowl and take all the avacado out to eat...lol

OH They also get dandelion greens...they share Oscar's lol

mugzeezma
10-11-2010, 09:39 AM
Yes, surprisingly they do eat pieces of them :dono AFTER they dig through the bowl and take all the avacado out to eat...lol

OH They also get dandelion greens...they share Oscar's lol
My 12 week olds are doing the same thing...the girl is close to weaning and freedom but the little man wants to slurp FV forever.
When I cut back he doesn't eat more he loses weight.
They get fed 2xs/day.
He used to be the bigger squirrel.
It's a tough time for some of these little poops!!!